Silencing system

So as many of you know last weekend came, there was a lot of threads closed to a certain individual who think spamming is fun. Ruining the forums for most with genuine posts and replies. I sent an in game ticket and pleased to announce they have forwarded the idea to the team and forums might be getting a silencing system.

If people want this feature to be added, I’d encourage you all to do the same to make the forums a better. You don’t need to name names, just say you aint happy with forums recently and you would like improvements and the silencing system to brought forward.

1 Like

The forums already has a silencing system, that gets used everyday. It isn’t automatic, but I do silence people who break the forum rules.

I also adjusted some of the new account abilities so people will need to be active a bit longer before they can start flagging. I also do remove the ability of people to flag who abuse it.

Thanks for the feedback!

8 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Why temporary close topics then?

I haven’t exactly seen anyone been silenced. Its all been flagged.

The topics automatically close if they have too many flags that haven’t been reviewed by an admin. Once I’ve processed them the thread reopens automatically.

2 Likes

Ah right, is it worth updating the silencing system where possible?? At the minute, it doesn’t seem that visible and seems somewhat flawed.

that’s the idea, they just disappear for a while :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Haha you know what i mean :joy:

So in light of Polaris answering regarding the silencing system, I see, yet again… it fails to silence but blocks the thread.

Let’s see if they fix this.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney