Skill point limits are aggravating

I’m not sure what changed in the game since I’ve started playing - but it used to be that if I had a ton of gold and a new level increase came around, I could increase all of my toons’ skills if I had the XP to increase their levels.

Now, though, I have more than 5B gold and a reasonably high VIP level - and there’s a severe limit on how many skills levels I can increase per day, unless I fork over gems for the “privilege.”

At the very least, please let us use one of the stupid number of game currencies to buy skill points - but better yet, please get rid of that arbitrary cap and let us level up and use our toons.

5 Likes

Agreed, the skill point cap is just ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

Of course I cannot speak on this behalf because I myself am poor in gold and do not mind this skill cap. But not everyone sits around with 5B gold waiting so I think it should just be a VIP feature

(sorry if you had said this in your rant because I didnt notice)

1 Like

Yeah, I"m not really sure what the purpose of the skill point cap is, unless it’s to create a demand for Skill Point Consumables. Being able to buy skill points with other in-game currencies seems like a good compromise, if PerBlue is determined to keep some kind of cap in place. (Even simply raising the cap significantly, to several hundred, would go a long way towards making that restriction less annoying.)

1 Like

Should have been one per level ideally, fair point would be one per 2-3 levels.

1 Like

Agree with this thread the skill point cap needs going up so frustrating and takes too long to level up the skill points

1 Like

IMHO, it would be ideal to have the skill points take roughly 12 hours to fill up. After all, it takes roughly that much time for the free, regenerating stamina to hit the cap where it stops regenerating, and for players under VIP 5, friendship missions pause if not collected after 12 hours, so putting skill points on a similar timeline makes sense to me.

Given that, if the skill point regen perk is maxed for a guild, it takes 2.5 minutes to get a new skill point, that would put the cap at 288 skill points. I’m not going to insist on exactly that many (after all, that number is two gross), but I think somewhere between 250 to 300 would be ideal. (Which, by coincidence, is close to your ideal of one point per level.)

1 Like

Well, yes, I did not pull the number out of the blue entirely. The stamina regenerating is basically a fixed time.

So the skill point cap matches your current team level? Sounds even more annoying at first, but at least it pays off after level 29.

1 Like

Um, no. I’m suggesting a cap of somewhere between 250 and 300, because it would take around 12 hours to fill with a maxed guild perk; Numi is suggesting a cap based on the max team level of the server, currently 245 on the oldest servers.

1 Like

This and…

Getting to team level 29 nowadays is like one day worth. Without high VIP you have only 19, even. And level 19 is like first 1-3 hours.

This is exactly what they intend to do.

Yes, I have to agree on that one as well @Jody_Caviness

Artificial demand.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney