Spamley - Character Concept

Love him, great idea.

This is a really nice concept! All part of his kit complements each other perfectly, and he offers a unique perspective in the tank tole.

First of all, White is interesting. Deflecting attack is something unexplored, and your character concept uses it well.

The active is a powerful pseudo-Taunt effect, and combined with Meg for example, makes for an amazing tank. However, I do have some notes concerning the White.

• How exactly does the deflection work? Does it deflect one basic attack, or one instance of damage? What about AoE skills? It can be quite OP if he can for instance deflect Elasticgirl White.

• The active, while unique, is also a tad bit strange in conjunction with the blocking. If I read it correctly, the enemies would be stun if they destroyed his shield. The deflection would then actively prevent the stun from happening in that case.

• The stun happening when the shield is destroyed is also weird, in that there are little counter. Perhaps CC would work, but then it seem more rewarding to not destroy the shield.

Green is nice, and I love the little team boost it also offers. A single targeted protection against Crit is nice, and the basic attack damage increase is also good.

Blue is simple but effective, and it combines so well with his role as a taunt tank.

Purple is another simple, yet it fits into the kit like a perfect puzzle piece. My only complaint is that the deflection already prevents damage, which works against Purple, since enemies would only take the 10% damage if they damage his shield.

Finally, while i dont think Spamley is OP, his gameplay seems conflicting on some part. His skill punishes enemies for dealing damage to him, yet he requires them to deal damage to him in order to function. The deflection mechanic is great, but I would love to understand it deeper. Overall however, the concept is amazing, as it highlights how to create a cohesive kit that fills a clear strategic role, using simple, but effective, skills. Bravo!

3 Likes

Hi @Paperlucky! Thanks for taking time on reading my concept. :smile:

Spamley won’t deflect all attacks, only those that are equal or less than his basic power. So heavy attacks won’t be deflected unless you work on increasing his basic power (basic power enhancements and basic power mods). Whether basic, white, green, blue, or purple, he can deflect as long as it is equal or less than his basic power.

In this part, his active skill, he won’t deflect the attacks. It will basically work as a shield. And about the stun, it will take effect if destroyed before 10 seconds. If the shield isn’t destroyed within 10 seconds, the stun will not occur.

Yeah, it seemed like it. But I explored the tricky way of battling. In my opinion, this method is advantageous especially for D&B and Duke Caboom who hits too much. I made it as an all-out attack counter (hope you get what I mean).

Yes, kinda similar to Ralph’s purple, I think.

In this part, I designed his skills to be active as possible. So Spamley’s basic, will only deflect damage, but once he uses his white, instead of deflecting, it will return to the attacker.

So overall, my design for him is to prevent enemies from attacking too much like I said before. So in this case, if D&B, Duke, Merida, or other heavy damage heroes puts too much power, they will be prevented from taking more damage, thus giving time for your heroes to recover and take revenge. So this will be a power-controlled battle. OP heroes will be used less, and light damagers will rise. Hope this clears things up. I’ll take more questions if you have one. :wink:

Does this mean that he would not take any damage at all if his power is higher than the enemies?

His basic will not apply on all attacks. Just like everyone’s basic attack, Spamley’s deflection will be done from time to time.

You could do conpect on balu if you are mentioning the jungle book charthers or on shere khan

Yeh true sorry i guess im getting ahead of myself with this concept

Im pretty bad at concepts

Please don’t revive topics, also where?

A don’t revive
B i haven’t seen you make a concept. I believe you but put your money where your mouth is.

who is this from

Ralph breaks the internet

1 Like

oh ok tanks

1 Like

Don’t revive topics

This concept just won’t stay dead, so it’s only natural I come in.

That’s about it, I guess.

Instead of leaving it dead you reply to it 3 days late :neutral_face:

7 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney