Squid Sisters Unlikely Concept

Guess who’s back with another concept!! Today, I have a new unlikely concept for another one of my favorite Nintendo series, Splatoon!!

Squid Sisters
Source: Splatoon

Description: “The popular pop star duo from Inkopolis is here to put on a spectacular show for their allies!”

Quote: “Stay fresh!”

Role: Support

Position: Back

Stars: :star:

Trial Team: Blue

Animations
Entrance: Callie and Marie drop down from Sheldon’s flying truck.

Victory: Callie and Marie pose for the camera. (See above image)

Defeat: Callie and Marie step back in shock.

Basic attack: Marie shoots at an enemy with the Hero Shot.

Skills
White - Calamari Inkantation
Callie and Marie start dancing until they run out of energy, increasing allies’ attack and movement speeds by 75% while dancing. Callie and Marie can not be disabled during this skill. The attack and movement speed increases are less effective on allies above level X.

Green - Bomb Rush Blush (Normal Damage)
Callie throws a Splat Bomb at the closest enemy, dealing X damage to enemies in an area and blinding them for 7 seconds.

Blue - Tide Goes Out (Fantastic Damage)
Marie fires a powerful shot of her low-tide ink at the furthest enemy, dealing X damage to them and stunning them for 8 seconds.

Purple - Ink Me Up
Allies gain an extra 15 energy when they deal damage to enemies during “Calamari Inkantation”. The energy gained is less effective when allies deal damage to enemies above level X.

Red - Fresh Start
Allies are immune to debuffs for 5 seconds after Callie and Marie finish dancing with “Calamari Inkantation”. This has a chance to fail on allies above level X.
Callie & Marie remove 2 buffs from enemies that they damage with “Bomb Rush Blush” and “Tide Goes Out”.
+X Max HP
+X Skill Power
+X Reality

Friendships
Squid Sisters/Clawhauser
Campaign: “Splafest Security” - The Squid Sisters ask Clawhauser to run security for their upcoming Splatfest concert. (Allies: Powerline, Gizmoduck, EVE)

Disk: “Deep-Fried Shwaffle” - “Calamari Inkantation” Heals Allies
+X Max HP to the Squid Sisters and allies
Tank role allies gain X Armor.
“Calamari Inkantation” also heals allies for 15% of their max HP (+15% per star) over the duration of the dance.

Squid Sisters/Hank & Dory
Campaign: “Octo Exploration” - Callie and Marie go looking for their grandfather, Cap’n Cuttlefish. Dory, having mistakenly thought that they were looking for an actual cuttlefish, suggests that she and Hank help them. (Allies: Gerald, Marlin, & Nemo, Ursula, Kermit)

Disk: “Cap of Legend” - Longer Disables
+X Basic Damage
+X Armor
Disables from “Bomb Rush Blush” and “Tide Goes Out” last 0.8 (+0.8 seconds per star) seconds longer.

Notes:

• The names of all of Callie and Marie’s skills are titles of songs they sing in Splatoon/Splatoon 2.
    • “Calamari Inkantation” is sung during the final phase of the final boss battle in both Splatoon games.
    • “Bomb Rush Blush” is Callie’s solo song, which is why she performs this skill.
    • Likewise, “Tide Goes Out” is Marie’s solo song, which is why she performs this skill.
    • “Ink Me Up” is the song they sing in battle during Splatfests (special in-game multiplayer competitions) in the original Splatoon.
    • “Fresh Start” is the song they sing during the end credits when you finish the Splatoon 2 single-player campaign.
  • “Deep-Fried Shwaffle” is an actual food item in Splatoon 2. I figured it’d be appropriate for a Clawhauser campaign, given his love for food.
  • I do want to make a concept for Off the Hook (the pop star duo that “replaces” the Squid Sisters in Splatoon 2) sometime in the future, but idk when exactly that will happen.
18 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney