Start of wave skills

Yiu know how there are certain skills that activate at the start of the wave/combat such as Judy’s Deputize, Quorra’s Light Cycle, Calhoun-Violet friend disk etc.

Just wondering if these are activated if that specific hero was delayed. Such as during heist and being sabotaged in the guild war. And if they were still to be activated, when is the effect being applied? At the start of the wave or upon arrival of that hero?

On heist mode, the effect is applied at the start of the wave. Calhoun’s shield activated even i don’t call her to battle

1 Like

If something is active, like Calhoun’s Vi shield, just be being on the team, it’s active even with the delay. If something is active based on something else (ex: Baymax shield when he flies past the heroes), it’s not active until that event happens, so delaying his arrival delays the shield.

Basically: you delay ARRIVAL, not when they’re on the team.

Cool. That’s good to know. Another question, what happens to the effect period though. I understand that the Calhoun’s Vi shield will be active throughout the 12 sec (1 star) for non-delayed heroes. But if Calhoun arrives late (by 5 sec), does she still get the full 12 sec from her arrival or will it be cut short (7 sec remaining) since she’s late?

Full effect. Again: it’s based on being on the team, not even she arrives.

I have a question that falls into this category:

Maui has a skill (actually 2) at the start of the wave but it only lasts until allies use their white skill. But what happens in city watch when characters have full bars and activate their skill at the start?

I am guessing it cancells the motivation basically making 2 of Mauis skills useless. I wish they would get rid of the “until they use their active” part of his skills. Even nerf the percentages a little to balance it or a timer or anything besides what it is.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney