State of the Game - August 2020

Thank you for this! This feels much more cohesive than the Feb SoG. That one felt like more fluff. This one actually addresses nearly all the concerns I see posted on here regularly. I might not like all the answers, but I appreciate having them as opposed to feeling like they are being ignored, I also feel like you made some very valid points and made me rethink some things.

Overall I appreciate every word of this and everything that you addresses! I’m also looking forward to seeing everything you have planned!

Sab

PS. Some mission speed up deals on server 16 would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome back @FireAngel08

1 Like

It was this year. December 3, 2019 to January 7, 2020. For server 1 that was 5 weeks at Red +3 and it was very noticeable in our data that players churned out at alarming rates.

Thanks for the feedback and your thoughtful comments!

4 Likes

Same Collection of statistics That said a server merge was not needed in server 3, and eventually caved and saw what people were saying really going on? I would like to see those statics posted too like other people saying bc I don’t believe it, as I’ve seen more people leave with my own eyes or talk about leaving with this four week schedule. Like others said , actual leveling in four weeks can be tolerated, but rarity needs to slow down dramatically or badges required need to be decreased/easier accessed. Like people have posted previously Countless times… guild perks such as more consumables like backpacks, cosmetic crates, virus reinfections, and Anti virus would be helpful. Expansion on current perks such as hire level up to Plus level 5 Instead of current three, more mercs can be placed for hire; gems,gold, stamania For checkins, reduce shop costs including badge bazaar shop, and increase double badge chance to current level on maps. Maybe increase guilds to fill all guild war cars would give war a new twist. And also feel ports need to start introducing red stamania and red coins. Yes can’t be sold, but can still be used for guild help or own toons. Speaking of guild help think be helpful if can trade or give away hero chips and red skill chips to guildmates, and lower the restriction from 10 levels below max to five. Maybe can introduce a friendship shop where u can send similiar things to friends like guild help shop to promote playing with other players.

Otherwise it’s a promising state of address.

2 Likes

Well that doesn’t say much as there could have been less updates, for one.
And other reason might be that by Red+3 people got burned out by the stamina costs. Could very well happen. Also the January was about the time I reached the cap. It was either that or early February.

Still, I’d say pretty well that you should favour level cap updates over rank cap updates. Also good for evening the field slowly across All the servers. Golden rank is a perfect opportunity for that.

Plus, I’m sure not only me but all the players would invite a brand new server with all current heroes starting at original cap. Would be nice testing ground if the game runs as it should. If it’s even viable raising 115+ heroes.

Coveted server 23.

5 Likes

A bit of a quick feedback, but I don’t think it is good to look at just the weeks in itself in terms of the 5 week test and rather look what may have caused player to move on more specifically.

First of all, one need to analyze is something might have driven people away.
Based on what I found the main 3/4 factors that could have influenced the data on the 5 week wait to be less reliable.

First one is the nerf of Randall Boggs, which at the time were a meta character. The date for this update was 19 December so might be good to check if the players leaving spike might be due to that.

While the Solo deals first came to server 1 in November, it was around the 19 December it got added to all servers and around that time the old stackable deals was less and less common.

The server merges could maybe have influenced the numbers as well in case they made some people want to move over to the other servers. Not likely that big of a factor, but could probably influence the numbers a bit.

Another thing would probably be just moving on in life since after Christmas they might be in a bit different life position than before Christmas and/or having different interest based on what they got for Christmas, although probably not that big of a factor. At least it wouldn’t be bad to factor in and compare to how it was in the same period between 2018-2019.

These are probably the main factors I can see after looking through the Announcements category, so might not be right to evaluate the 5 week test just based on that it was 5 weeks and instead what happened during the 5 weeks.

14 Likes

Hmm, I guess I thought that was just because of the Christmas break.

New goodies & gadgets from Santa could’ve been to blame, as well as other game-related reasons mentioned above :man_shrugging: it would surprise me a lot if 1 week extra without a cap raise (as a one-off, over Christmas break) would directly cause a significant outpouring of players :thinking:

Not trying to undermine the data, but it does seem unlikely that the two are directly linked.

11 Likes

Agree with the more consumable options, would be nice if there was a perk to reduce the cool down timer between them too like suggested as guild perks in this post in May… Perk ideas.

Be nice if the normal guild perks and contest perks were increased more frequently as they are, but glad at least looking into possibilities of more.

And think I’ve seen more negative feedback on forums about rarity increases and kim not being around then guild gifts, and u listen to the guild gift negativity? The negative feedback I’ve seen about them are about what is being available (like ten old toon coins, or invasion things mainly after it became more of a grind with gizmo nerf and people gave up hope with it), but there as been positive things said when the diamond crate offer was given by majority of people (the only complaint about diamond crates was to getting majority of blue badges instead of new heroes/badges based on the players current level). Promising fluff, but as always I’ll judge after I see things happen.

2 Likes

I am not a developer

I posted earlier but after giving it some thought and seeing what others were posting I had to admit that there are valid points on both sides in regards to level and rank up increases. I think there is room for compromise though.

I wonder how much thought you have given to staggering the level and rank up increases instead of doing them at the same time. I think having 1 or even 2 weeks in-between would do a lot to meet in the middle. You could still maintain a 4 week rotation for each, and we as players would have time to A. Reach the max level some of the new badges would require. And B. Have time to aquire the new bits and badges that will be needed for the rank up. The stamina/diamond contest would be a great contest to have in-between them too. I think it would help a lot of people feel more prepared for each rank up and it will help you keep the 4 week schedule that you have found is best in maintaining players.

Though I do have to agree with other people that I’m not confident you have truely tested out the 5-6 week rotation enough. Doing it back in Dec and Jan on one server isn’t a good test pool. The holidays are never a good time to measure activity level plus I believe you also had a server merger happen around then too. Those two things alone could account for the flux in players. It was also 8 months ago…maybe it was different on the test server but i know that on 16 Jafar was huge then and there weren’t many toons at the time to defend against him. Jafar lines made me nearly quit the game then, not going to lie. Lol

Anyway, my point is that there is room for compromise, and I truely hope you give my idea some thought. I only hope that if you do decide to test it out that you do it on Server 16 :smiley:

Sab

4 Likes

After reading it this is my reaction:
tenor

Thats good :+1: .Those friend syatem are not that interesting.

I agree but

Is it really I do not think so
Bcoz my guild 15th ranked 12 people bought the diamond crate guild gift and no body even had A look on this Useless Guild gifts of invasion and chips.
Or
I think that the people who had a very great feedback about those USELESS guild gift have a phobia to type in forums.There has been a ton of negative feedbacks about it rather than positive…

But still the gap is so so much.F2Ps cannot
Build a maxed coli team if they turn to focus on characters good in pvp then result:- Score In Invasion is low.

Good Job That will be useful.

That would be awesome and really these refreshes are Totally changing them.

Was waiting for it for days

So mulan isnt overwhelming?T and P,Hades they are too much in the challengers.

I have seen a couple of whales who start playing after coametics collection wss in troduced their cosmetic lvl is too low.And the avatars badge are inccreasing every 4 weeks and decreasing the probability of geeting anything new.And please chapnge dupes percentage.It makes me so mad when i got 8/10 dupes.I have hardly increased cosmetic levels.And yes that was a very GOOD Job adding challenges giving cosmetics point.

And yes the game system may have bugs or some things still to improve.l still enjoy it too much.
I really appreciate you and your team’s hard work.
And really i m nowuch more than a dedicated disney heroes Fan :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

6 Likes

This is the same time frame as red skills being added, which initially had very negative feedback, verging on being a scandal. I doubt the cap raises were much to blame here. And as Kira said, the nerfs during that period, solo deals(!), and Christmas would have been a factor as well.

15 Likes

If there’s one feature that’ll keep me in the game longer, it would be the ability to un-enhance a character to recover their badges (I’ll accept that the badge enhancements are lost there). It takes ages to level up a new character, and having a worthless Red-level hero drives me nuts seeing how much wasted resources I put into it.

9 Likes

Definitely an interesting idea! I always had a similar idea about disk power. There are so many disks on toons I don’t use much any more that I would love to pull the disk power off of and out somewhere else. Even if it wasn’t a 100% return and you only get back 70%-80%, that would still be amazing!!! Theres so many disks…so little disk power…

The same could be said for mods too

2 Likes

@Polaris

Due to the surge update, I was really looking forward and was very excited about hire costs were going to decrease. However, after several days I have noticed (along with several other guild members) that it appears you haven’t balanced the game at all with the reduction in hire cost.

Example, I was able to clear area 10 with the same multipler and received LESS gold overall (not using the bonuses). It appears (many other players have mentioned the SAME thing) you reduced the hire cost, along with the reward for each cleared area…thus rendering your gold reduction for hire somewhat a joke.

I was looking for more gold…and seems that the surge area got WAY more difficult and less overall gold for completion. Please revisit this and patch it for the intended purpose that was stated in the recent patch notes.

7 Likes

Several days? Endless Surge just got released to other servers yesterday, so I don’t think any guild would have started their first Endless Surge before today.

Not to mention surge coins have severely lessened because people can’t complete areas to increae multipler for gold and surge coins…miss the old system

Lol, you’ve been working to address that gap how? By making it wider? Or by pushing out F2P so that there is no gap anymore? Or by getting every penny possible so that nobody is “Free” to play anymore?

7 Likes

Was yesterday’s surge an Endless Surge, with the new map and everything? Because I didn’t think the game would start an Endless Surge as soon as the update was live, since that would give you less than 24 hours in the surge.

Endless surge rewards have been something test servers (s2 and s9) have been complaining about this since the release. Less gold and less tokens. Not forgetting that u don’t get a reward for sending heroes to HQ. And that the difficulty was increased and there for less people can do it.

5 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney