State of the Game: September 2021

Broom emojy is hinting on owl house

Hocus Pocus or Broomsticks and Bedknobs

2 Likes

Maybe the broom emoji is just giving us a. Hint that characters from the Owl house probably gonna come

I was thinking more about this one

3 Likes

If broom is anything to go from, it´s Cinderella (as evidenced by Fairy Godmother + Polaris mentioning in one of the previous SotGs stuff about princesses coming in 2021).

Thank god.

Let´s see how that goes. Not quite interested in it yet. I don´t know rewards from them (maybe the non-trial badge bits?)

Megabits scaling hopefully soon then. It´s awful now.

WHAT!? (reference to Y6 badge, too)

Me like that :smiling_imp:

About this - it would be good to give more RS Crates or just rebalance Skill Chips in CW again. It´s pretty bad that while we need 150 in current raise on old servers, the CW we are doing only gives 95. Should be those 150 instead.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it sounds like the plan is for the challenge to come from restrictions to the player’s choices? That seems bland on its own, so I’d like to bring up an old favorite suggestion topic for something similar:

So yeah, there would likely be a lot more room for creative fights if there was more focus on enemy lineups, and you reused parts of Challengers rules. Hopefully PB will consider this, if they haven’t already? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s not a new IP…

It’s The Owl House (hopefully) or Hocus Pocus.
Fits with the trend of badge → hero from the IP.

Already the plan!

10 Likes

Who will be :muscle:?

The broomstick could be Hocus Pocus, but I’m not too sure. The muscle to me might be Hercules. I’m betting we may be getting either Phil, or Pain & Panic

Thanks for the post!

I do have a quick question, the bulk of which might be better answered in the Q&A (please log it if so!) but might be able to be addressed briefly here.

Do the team record/review usage logs of features like the filter system, red skill slider and power promotions?

I remember a celebration post from @Polaris years ago that featured some quite specific and detailed numbers on various game aspects, so I assume data on the usage of these features to be at least possible to collect if it isn’t already.

I ask as it often seems that an enormous amount of dev time is spent on things like this, that to the average player seem almost entirely pointless and hardly ever actually used, thus inconsequential to the playing experience. We wonder why resources are allocated to these things, when there appear to be far more pressing ‘issues’ that need resolving (eg. war matchmaking, guild progression, the mystery of The Codebase) or even fresh ideas that could be brought to enhance the game.

That would be my main gripe with the progress since the previous State Of The Game and indeed previous to that; time being spent on features hardly anyone wants or needs, when other areas of the game desperately need attention. Most of the listed additions in the post fall under this banner.

Glad to hear that more regular hero buffs are being considered, as this definitely will improve most people’s playing experience.

The Trial Events also sound interesting, but please make them genuinely difficult. The Fozzie Trial was boring as it really made no difference what heroes we selected, we could complete it regardless. We’re all capable of pressing buttons :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:v:

4 Likes

Monitoring data on specific parts of the game is a specific job so someone who monitors that would not also be working on resolving war matchmaking or guild progression.

5 Likes

I mean the time allocated to producing features in the first place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hence wondering if their success/usage was monitored

3 Likes

Well I would like to see some new hero collection like one for Big hero 6

That’s coming soon

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind

@Loutre that dug gif is that a hint dug is coming soon :wink:

He is already in game.

1 Like

Did I miss something lol either its been a while or they did a secret update and did not realize a dog was in game now lol

Yes! We do monitor that!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney