Support Hero Guide (PART 4)

Yax with wall e is very good because he gives decent energy to everyone in your team if hes higher than blue rank he can grant your team energy at each start of a wave
So yax can heal everyone constantly use frozones disk with yax to heal even faster!

1 Like

First off,
Just use Miguel, Joy, or Rafiki with JJ disk. Their basic attack heals allies and their other skills give allies nice stat boosts and help debilitate enemies.

Second off,
Yax belongs in a dumpster until he gets a refresh. His skillset is entirely worthless, the only time it’s even plausibly helpful is when paired with a disked Finnick.The words “very good” and “Yax” should never be used in the same sentence.

4 Likes

I have read your summary about Timon and Pumba, and it really is an counter for Merlin-Study teams, as well as for normal damage dealers. Many also assume that heroes such as Anger, Ducky and Bunny and Elsa are heroes who distribute great fantastic damage and destroy the skill of “Hakuna Matata” of Timon and Pumba. That means that for this hero to take greater advantage of the team, it could be placed in combinations such as Kevin Flynn (Qu) or Joy (An). Since the enormous benefit of Reality that these heroes give, can block the fantastic damage as much as the normal one and the critics suffered by the study and the scare.

And sorry for my bad english :’)

5 Likes

Yax could have been decent with a few tweaks, and obviously major number buffs. If his slow was more potent, and he heals for more, he could at least be in a sustain team, or Slow comp like you mentioned. If the slow was 30%, he could easily be the soft counter to rush/initial burst team (even D&B).

Aside from that, Flower and Odor needs some extra utilities. They’re just damage, and are mediocre at best.

1 Like

Something very important I’d like to clarify here about Timon & Pumbaa’s healing…

The number that you see on the description of Hakuna Matata is the healing per second of the entire team. This actually means that their healing potential is much lower than what you would expect. The actual healing per second is 20% of that number, as it is divided evenly across 5 characters. I hope this helps clarify Timon & Pumbaa’s healing power, so that we can properly calculate exactly how much healing we can expect out of them.

5 Likes

Which is kind of… I dunno wrong? T&B should heal X HP to everyone, instead of dividing it

1 Like

Yeah, it ain’t exactly my favourite discovery. I thought the healing seemed too low, so I did some math and found out why.

2 Likes

Amazing guide, love it! I’m looking forward to anything you have to say about the game.
A friend of mine doesn’t like support as a class… :sweat_smile: But we know the truth, supports make this world go round!

Question: I read somewhere (maybe Reddit? maybe this forum still) that Megara stops taking damage from her link if the link is at 1 HP. Doesn’t seem to be true, correct?
Pretty sure Megara can still take damage from the linked 1 HP hero and die, it’s the linkee who stops taking damage at 1 HP.

As for Woody’s hardiness (pun unintended), check out these! There’s an Arena team that has 50k power on me and I’ve been repeatedly surviving with just Goofy, Woody and Meg versus their Gaston, Scar and Moana (and winning if that wasn’t clear).

3 Likes

Ah, yes. Meg’s partner will stop taking anymore damage when they reach 1 HP. Despite that, Meg will continue to take 25% of the damage that her partner would have taken anyway, so she still suffers the full extent of her Link.

4 Likes

I’ve been upgrading Timon and pumbaa. Is it worth it? I’m mainly doing it for the Stitch friendship.

1 Like

As for Woody…

From what I observe, your team can beat their team because it outplays them, rather than outmuscles them. The key here is Goofy is forcing them to miss their attacks by blinding them. Both Moana and Gaston rely heavily on Basic Attacks, so their damage potential don’t mean a thing when they can’t land a hit. And there’s also the fact that you’re team is wonderfully abusing SPEED by pairing Goofy and Woody. Like, the DPS is coming in too fast for Olaf to defend against. Your Woody is also pulling in that Elsa early, so they’re already losing a key member right at the start. It also helps that your Baymax is providing your team with Armor along with shields, which means Gaston and Merida will further struggle trying to do meaningful damage.

So yeah, Woody is still a frail guy. But your team also proves that any weakness can be overcome with the right combination of things. Specifically, your team dismantles the freeze core by eliminating Elsa early on while also devaluing the enemy team’s over reliance on Basic Attacks. Very, very clever, and a lesson can be learned here.

3 Likes

That makes sense, since their healing would be quite a lot for a heal that last 15 sec. What I noticed, at least from my server (8), is that Merlin is still widely used despite T&P. In fact, some even used both. This confirms that T&P main purpose was to completely nullified Merlin-Barbossa comp, or Barbossa Tia disk specifically, but not Merlin himself. Now that there are less squirrels, Merlin can actual deal massive amount of damage through his books and Genie disk.

Overall, T&P is actually quite balanced comparing to other releases, and covers a good niche. Unfortunately, Merlin is still in need of balance, as now, teams simply change their strategy from “who squirrels who first at the start” to “who squirrels who first after 15 sec”.

2 Likes

Oh it is definitely worth it. If you’re like anybody else, you’ve probably suffered from the Merlin meta for tooooo long! Stitch’s disk only makes Timon & Pumbaa an even better counter against Merlin.

Besides that though, the Basic Attack and Skill Power provided by this disk is reason enough to make it very worth it. You can bet that this gives your team a HUGE lead. You can’t rely only it activating again later on, but just the head start that it gives is a blessing beyond words. This disk makes T&P a great support unit, even outside of dealing with Merlin.

3 Likes

They are good against Normal damage rush team, specifically Crits comp. Using them all the time however is not the best, since like the guide mentioned. T&P only covers a niche, and is quite mediocre outside of it. However, due to this meta, you should have plenty of chance to slot them in.

2 Likes

Thanks! Those Moana, Scar and Gaston still do a ton of damage to me, hence my Baymax and Sparrow dying somewhat early. Who needs DPS though, amirite? :grin:

Baymax seems to be key in protecting my squishies long enough for them to do irreparable damage and gain breakneck speed, if I switch him out in favor of Hercules or another damage dealer, it goes much more badly and I lose. I don’t win every time to begin with, likely thanks to no tenacity on Sparrow.

2 Likes

Thanks! Right now there at a bit over 10,000 in power and most of my main are 40,000 over at least (my Quorra is at 35,000). Should I add T&P now or later?

If you’re talking competitively like in Arena and Coliseum, then sure. I assume Merlin is a strong presence in your server. Even if not, T&P are just so good at dealing with Normal Damage (like with Gaston and Moana).

If you’re talking Invasion, you’re better off with Mickey for now. Rafiki is just as good, but only if he has Jack-Jack’s disk.

If you’re talking City Watch, they’re ok, but Joy or Miguel are better most of the time.

Sorry, but I just wanted to be thorough lol.

5 Likes

Ok thanks for the thorough response! My Miguel and joy have actually barely been touched and Mickey is just over 8000 in power. But I’ll definitely work on T&P and put them in my team

1 Like

@Aurora_Veil I just wanted to SAY thank you for this! This really helped me see the less frequently used Support heroes from a new perspective. I love the attention to detail and how easy it is for even newcomers to understand how the intracies of the support team synergy works.

Thanks for this, and I hope you do more guilds in the future :sunny:

4 Likes

Guides* (10 characters)

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney