Support Hero Guide (PART 4)

So Yax is getting a small buff to go with Sulley & Boo’s refresh… I honestly don’t think those buffs will change anything significantly about Yax, but in case it does I’ll update accordingly. But if not, well, yeah.

2 Likes

Small update happened with Timon & Pumbaa’s game description of Hakuna Matata. The game now specifically clarifies the skill’s individual healing potency, so now you know exactly how much healing they do to a single ally. This of course doesn’t change their performance, it just gives us proper expectations now.

3 Likes

Exactly…

Is YAX META?!?!?!

Update: so I guess Yax’s buff that came with Sulley’s refresh DID matter, even if slightly. And so I gave him a small update in his Gameplay and an even bigger one in Team Options. So IS he meta? The answer is no, he is ANTI-meta. Albeit, a rather niche one, but it IS a thing and should be acknowledged.

5 Likes

Yayyy, he is just a few tweak away from being strong. His Chill Vibes has always been a unique strength of his, yet didn’t have the number to be good enough. With the buff, Yax becomes a tempo setter like Judy, albeit defensively. In a meta where getting off one’s White can win the battle (Duke, Bo Peep, Goofy etc…), Yax fits nicely into the formula.

His problems remain however. 2 of his skills are purely damage with low number, while his healing is abysmal comparing to Joy, Mickey and Rafiki. Still, glad to see Perblue buffed him in the right direction.

4 Likes

Okay folks. This topic has been renamed “Part 3” because the original part 1 has been split. Other than that, nothing else in this topic has been changed.

2 Likes

Update: did some revisions here and there. For Timon & Pumbaa, I had to add that together with Joy(Ol), they have become the standard defensive core, especially in PvP. You will see them together everywhere. And as for Yax, his overview has been given some major rewriting. Basically, the intent is to up-sell his value to the same standard as the rest of his peers. He really has come a long way, and many players of the highest level still continue to find use for him even after his bug got fixed. In case you didn’t know, there was a bug with Yax that caused Jafar’s Whirling Dervish to miss entirely. And yes, he is still useful even after that got taken away. Still not meta, but very anti-meta, especially in Coliseum and Guild Wars.

No other changes were applied.

3 Likes

Nice!

I have used Yax from the beginning. I think he’s an asset. He’s my strongest player right now.

3 Likes

I posted that about 9 months ago. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I see that you have only invested in those you got at the beginning. Just because Yax has the most power doesn’t mean he is the most powerful. Out of the 8 I see on that image, Quorra may deal much more damage than Yax.

1 Like

Yeah no duh, she’s a damage hero, Yax is support. How much healing does Quorra provide?

Seinfield
Yax doesn’t heal nearly enough to make a case for being decent. Mickey, Miguel, Joy, T&P, Rapunzel, Sulley (Wo), Duke (Wo), etc. are all magnitudes better and provide more than just a weak burst when they use their white.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Joy is much better than Yax. And she is a support hero.

Yax was just good to slow Jafar (Sc) down, but Jafar (Sc) isn’t as meta as he used to be. Therefore, Yax is somewhat irrelevant to the meta.

1 Like

Not debating that there are much better healers, just saying comparing Yax and Quorra in terms of damage output is a bit unfair as that isn’t Yax’s primary role

I love your guide for every heroes I hope you will make more heroes guide in the future

Please don’t revive dead topics

That’s not very nice first of all. Second, if the topics is like 4 months old (Correct me if I’m wrong), it will consider a necro post

Even a month old post could be considered necroposting if there isn’t much reason to revive it.

I’d hate to be rude, but you are reviving a thread. And, to be fair, no one was talking to you either… :confused:

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney