Thanks to Kronk and Fear, I am letting it go

20201125_235106
I wanted to thank PB for releasing two new heroes who will make Elsa and her freeze team a joke and never used again in any defense. Elsa is my favorite Disney character and I can’t imagine financially supporting the game who made her fall down like that. I thank PB sincerely because starting tomorrow, I will have lots of free time everyday and more money in my pocket.

What makes it worse, nothing justifies these two heroes having freeze immunity, much less giving it to the whole team or even gaining invincibility. It’s a total fanfiction. Elsa’s freezing was her trademark in the movies, as well as Frozone’s, few others like Kris and Olaf were kinda a stretch but understandable. The one freezing character who will be unaffected by this? Powerline, who enters combat after immunities end and whose freezing skill is a FANFICTION.

Of course I was warned of Kronk but it is one thing to see it as an experiment but quite the other actually seeing it in the game. No one was asking to nerf freeze heroes. Many were asking to refresh them. Elsa’s white skill (DAMAGE) is doing at least 4x less damage than Davy Jones (CONTROL)! No one was celebrating when freeze heroes were nerfed. Which proves how upside down everything is.

I’m quitting the game now because I don’t wanna be forced to claim chips in December for the character who ruined it for me. Farewell. :frowning_face: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::footprints:

6 Likes

Thats kind of a messed up reason to quit the game

4 Likes

I like elsa as much as the next person but this is a kinda insane reason to quit a game.

4 Likes

Fear isn’t a powerhouse, just keep Cheshire or someone with good Fantastic damage on hand for when you run into him. Two seconds really only blocks the freeze from Elsa’s red.

Kronk doesn’t seem like he’ll be as widely used, and his other disk (which is leaked on Wakkatu) is much more widely usable so almost no one will use the Yzma one, once it comes out. I doubt that he’ll be a game breaker for freezes, though it’d be a wise idea to use a different team for your defense.

With all the counters to freeze, it’s more than likely that PB is planning to release a new freeze hero soon. You might want to stick around. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

New thing has no counter older things just keeps getting more and more full one counters

They said they will never allow too much powercreep
And i can understand wanting to quit because its becoming too much

I hope pb stops the increase in power creeps

3 Likes

I wonder who the ??? Friendship is

Haha, people quit for a variety of reasons. I could’ve added an essay on what of I think of stamina and badge costs and how it’s unsustainable but we all know that. But sometimes one reason is all you need, such as a sudden total loss of enjoyment in the game.

For me, creating these immunities is insane, freeze heroes being how they are. It would never sit right with me to just meekly accept them. Also, I obviously like Elsa a little more than the next person. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, Fear also blocks Baymax so two red skills gone but yes he doesn’t seem as bad unless he gets a silent stat boost or people find a good team for him.

Kronk is something else, not only does it last 2.5x longer, he makes freeze greatly buff enemy lines. Yes, the other disk seems more usable but one just needs to unlock Yzma disk to have a perfect counter for freeze. It takes a lot of resources to keep up with the updates and I don’t think people will wanna invest in 3-5 heroes anymore when even orange Kronk will make that effort futile. No good player will want to use them anywhere for defense in any case.

Well, Frozen 3 is a long way off, so I’d remain skeptical about the new heroes. At this point, the only thing to balance the scales would be some great refresh and a hero who can remove immunities. :upside_down_face:

Only his Olaf disk :man_shrugging:

And it isn’t like his Olaf disk is the best one

You shouldn’t quit the game because of 2 heroes who block 1!

That’s not their point :man_facepalming:

Also, it blocks more than 1 hero.

They did say that @Filadae_Djaq

They did mention more than 1 hero

(Sigh. Just stop @’ing me. Please. It’s annoying.)

3 Likes

Please, explain… HOW??? How 1 or 2 sec immune to freeze can make useless frezze teams?? 2 second us literally nothing in combat, which long us 1,5 minutes. And fact that your heroes can’t freeze enemies 2 seconds, but can do it for 88 another second speak for itself…

3 Likes

To be fair, fights almost never last the full 1 minute 30 seconds. Most are over within 20 seconds, and in Challengers everyone aims to win in under 10. The 2 seconds will still leave a noticeable gap in time where freeze teams are helpless. :man_shrugging:

Elsa freezes the enemy with the highest BD at the beginning of each wave.

With Kronk’s Yzma disk it’ll be extended to 5 on top of granting invincibility which makes freeze teams even more helpless.

How about yes? Please stop @ing everyone. It’s annoying.

3 Likes

Fear’s Red Skill and Kronk’s Yzma disk caused OP to leave, apparently.

Hi there!

Just wanted to say, first off, kudos to you for having great taste!

And second I wanted to +1 Pawpsicle’s first explanation. Neither one will dominate the meta enough to make freeze go out of style. Otherwise things like hardy would have put them out of business long ago.

And of course we don’t know yet what PB has in store for Anna! So you might not need to wait until Frozen 3 :upside_down_face:

It’s worth noting that PB is well aware of Elsa’s popularity, as evidenced by her appearance on the app icon more than most/all other characters, as far as I’m aware of.

The IP is no doubt a moneymaker; I’m sure they know what they’re doing. If freeze needs a refresh, I’d bet they’ll get it.

But for now, things look good! :grin:

11 Likes

Very, uhh… what’s the word… weird?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney