The Disney Telltale Series Chapters 11-16

Welcome to Chapters 11-16. If you are new, click the link near the bottom to go to the archives. You can read either the summaries, or the actual previous chapters, it’s up to you. Choices will be posted once approximately every 24 hours excluding Sundays and days I’m really busy on. I do make a post letting you know the next choice is out, so if you think you might forget to check back in 24 hours, I recommend putting the topic on Watching. Without further ado, I’ll start setting up the chapters.

12 Likes

Chapter 11: Recovery

Quaz: [70/100] :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Jasmine: [90/100] :sunglasses:

Arthur: [0/100] :neutral_face:

Elsa: [40/50] :+1:

Moana: [15/50] :+1:

Will: [5/100] :neutral_face:

Stats:

Experience (Level 3): [1300/1500]

Charisma: Unlocked
Manners: Unlocked
Agility: Locked
Cunning: Unlocked
Strength: Locked
Weapon Knowledge: Unlocked

Dueling: Unlocked
Hand to Hand: Locked
Heavy Weaponry: Locked

Discovered Kingdom skills:

Wizardry: Unlocked
???: Locked

Your group is sailing back to the island of Montonui having successfully acquired the second artifact, a compass fashioned from gold with dried blood on it. For whatever reason you cannot get it open. You pat your pocket where you deposited it then put a hand in your pack, gripping the handle of Excalibur. You have two of five.

Will inhaled the salty sea air deeply, now that it was morning his skeletal form was replaced with a rugged handsomeness.

Will :neutral_face: : I missed the sea air, and the way the ocean rocks you to security.

Will squatted down and dipped a hand into the water.

Will :neutral_face: : I haven’t been on a raft actually used for sailing before. Where do you keep your cannons?

Esmeralda: I think some things have changed since you were lost on these waters.

Will :neutral_face: : You mean there’s no longer a need for cannons?

Moana :+1: : These waters are a part of the Water Kingdom. Through diplomacy everyone has come to an agreement. Pirates aren’t around anymore.

Will :neutral_face: : Guess that’d make you all ripe for the plundering then, no weapons to protect you, I mean…

Will coughs as Moana shot him a cold glare.

Quaz :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Do you think we can throw him back into the sea? He won’t drown.

• No, we made a promise.
  • Not unless he misbehaves.
  • Yes, let’s do it.

0 voters

You: Eh, I guess as long as he doesn’t cause us any trouble, he can stay.

Will leaned away from the edge of the raft and chuckled nervously.

Will :neutral_face: : Right, well, no pillaging for me then, I’ll be on my best behavior.

+5 Will Favor.
+5 Quaz Favor

Quaz is now loyal!

Moana :+1: : Well, I’ll be keeping an eye on him. If he gives me trouble, there will be trouble.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Sounds like a plan to me.

Will sat quietly, fixing his eyes towards the island slowly getting closer in the distance.

Will :neutral_face: : So that’s Montonui, eh?

Moana :+1: : Yes.

Will :neutral_face: : What’s it like?

• It’s chaotic
  • It’s beautiful
  • It’s ancient

0 voters

You: It’s beautiful, like two worlds combined. Beach and palm trees on the outside and rivers and forest on the inside.

Will :neutral_face: : Sounds peaceful.

Moana :+1: It is.

Moana stared out across the ocean towards her home, a faraway look in her eye, and a gentle smile across her face.

Moana :+1: : It’s a very special place.

+5 Will Favor.
+5 Moana Favor.

The boat soon reaches the island. Once again, Moana raises her oar and the ocean swelled before depositing the boat on the beach. Will found that both strange and amusing. Everyone was still on the island, except for Attina. Evidently she was continuing the hunt for her father. They all stared at Will, nobody masking their distrust at all, except for Elsa. Will whispers quietly to you.

Will :neutral_face: : Hey, Captain, why does everybody look like I have raided them on a pirate ship before?

• You explain that Will is going to help break the curse. (Requires Cunning.)
  • You tell everyone he is a fearsome Pirate.
  • You let Moana handle it.

0 voters

You: This is Will. He’ll be helping us break the curse on your island by journeying with me in my quest to collect the artifacts.

Powhatan :handshake: : Then we thank you for helping our people.

Tui :handshake: : We look forward to the day when we are truly free.

Will :neutral_face: : Uh…I’ll do whatever it takes to make that happen… Yah…

Powhatan :handshake: : And your daughter has helped to find the solution to lifting the curse she may not be chief, but she will be of great help around here anyways.

You: Moana was very helpful in our quest, and there’s quite a story she can tell.

Tui :handshake: : Well I look forward to hearing it.

Moana looks at you gratefully. You see Elsa purse her lips, but they upturn slightly.

+10 Moana Favor

+5 Elsa Favor

Elsa is now your ally.

Elsa :handshake: : I am pleased to hear that you have succeeded in this endeavor. Where will you head next?

You: I was thinking of going to the Animal Kingdom.

Elsa frowns.

Elsa :handshake: : That will be…difficult. The Animal Kingdom is in civil war. It’s quite the dangerous place.

You: Nevertheless, we must go there.

Elsa nods absently. Before she can respond, Moana interjects.

Moana :+1: : We will be having a feast in your honor, Troy. Surely you will join us before you leave?

Quaz :grin: : As much fun as that sounds, surely we must be going?

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Agreed, I’d very much like to head out. We haven’t the time to party.

Will :neutral_face: : You guys are too much into all work and no play. Let loose for a while, I bet they even have rum of some kind!

Arthur :neutral_face: : We’ve been running for our lives nonstop. I want to rest on a beach for a while.

Esmeralda: I bet I could dance these natives away.

Moana :+1: : Surely you don’t need to go so badly you can’t stay for a little while?

Everyone turns to you. Evidently you will make this decision, but it’s hardly a choice. You all need a break, and this is the perfect opportunity to have one.

You: We’d be honored to attend your celebration, Moana.

Moana :+1: : Wonderful!

Will :neutral_face: : Crank out the rum! If I’ve had a few I might even sing some shanties.

Arthur :neutral_face: : Forget the rum, I’m going to sleep!

+5 Moana Favor

+5 Arthur Favor

Arthur now likes you.

+5 Will Favor

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I thought this quest was of urgence? but we’re staying here to party?

Quaz :grin: : If Master Troy wishes to relax, then perhaps it is a good idea, but I hope we spend some time planning our next move.

-10 Jasmine Favor.

Jasmine will no longer follow you to the ends of the earth.

-5 Quaz Favor.

Quaz is no longer loyal.

Esmeralda: Come on you two. All work and no play and you’ll stress yourselves out.

Before long, several natives are drumming out a beat. Esmeralda and Will dance, their time and cultural differences have them dancing severely differently, but they seem to be enjoying themselves nonetheless. You see Moana join them.

At the table, Arthur has a massive plate full of food which he couldn’t possible fit into his wiry frame, and yet by all evidence, that’s his second plateful. Elsa sits near him. She has a polite amount of food on her plate, but she scarcely seems to be eating it. Something is bugging her.

Off to the side, you sea Quaz bring a plate of food to Jasmine, the two exchanging furtive whispers, no doubt ironing out your next mission. What will you do first?

Tutorial: Every now and again you may have opportunities to go to different events. Spend time with the different groups present to boost the favor of those people, if you make the right choices. You never know if you’ll have time for everyone so be sure to prioritize who you think needs it most. However, since it’s your first time, we’ll tell you that you have time for everyone at this party so go and be merry.

; )

• Check in with Quaz and Jasmine
  • Dance with Will, Esmeralda, and Moana
  • Speak with Arthur and Elsa

0 voters

You wander over to Quaz and Jasmine who go silent when you approach.

You: Am I interrupting?

Jasmine :grin: : That depends on whether you’re going to tell us to stop planning and enjoy the party or not. We’re trying to work out our next move with the animal kingdom, but it’s going to prove difficult.

Quaz :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : With the two factions in war, we’d seem like a spy from the other to both sides, We need a safe way through.

• Maybe we can claim to be diplomats here to resolve the conflict?
  • Maybe you’ll have a better plan in the morning. Come relax.

0 voters

You: What about posing as brilliant diplomats from an outside country here to resolve this in the way to best unite the people?

Jasmine :grin: : Hmm. I mean, that’s an idea?

Quaz :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Unfortunately, they’ve been very vocal about not wanting the other kingdoms to get involved. They promised not to let their war spill over and involve the other kingdoms, and they are exporting more than ever before. It’s a good idea, just not viable in this situation.

Jasmine :grin: : What’s important is you tried.

+5 Jasmine Favor

Jasmine will now follow you to the ends of the earth.

+5 Quaz Favor

Quaz is now Loyal.

You: I know you guys are planning this, but you should make sure you take a break too.

Jasmine gestured to her plate of food.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I am taking a break.

Quaz :grin: : As am I, Master Troy. We’ll be fine.

You shrug, but step away and look at what else to do.

• Speak with Arthur and Elsa
  • Dance with Esmeralda, Will, and Moana.

0 voters

You wander over to where Arthur is sitting and plop down next to him.

You: How in the world are you going to eat all that?

Arthur snorts slightly and color rises to his face.

Arthur :slight_smile: : One bite at a time…I don’t often get the chance to eat good food…

You: I see. That old man you were with at the party–

Arthur :slight_smile: : Merlin.

You: Right, Merlin, doesn’t he feed you?

Arthur :slight_smile: : Of course he feeds me, but we live out in the wilds and he’s a wizard not a cook.

You: Ah, I guess that makes sense.

You glance back at Arthur’s plate which is now empty again, somehow. You subtly glance under the table as if he deposited his food there, but there’s no massive amount of food in sight.

Arthur :slight_smile: : I’m going to get more food. Thanks for letting us have this feast, Troy.

+5 Arthur Favor

You nod as he leaves then turn your attention to Elsa, she looks up when she sees you staring.

Elsa :handshake: : Need something, Troy?

You: Actually I was checking up on you.

Elsa :handshake: : That’s very kind but unnecessary. I was just thinking of something.

• You guess she is worried about something.
  • You guess she is contemplating something.

0 voters

You: If I were to guess, you are worried about something. Want to talk about it?

Elsa sighed before turning to you.

Elsa :handshake: : This whole curse, a curse that takes away your happy endings… If it affects everyone, then that means it affects me. I just wonder what was better about my other life. I’ve lost my parents, my sister, and I almost lost my kingdom, but I struggled onward and now I have my kingdom back. I worry that I expect too much of what I lost to come back to me by lifting this curse.

You: Hmm. There’s nothing wrong with dreaming of what will come back. I can’t say I know what it is that will change, but I do no that you will be happier for it.

Elsa :handshake: : Perhaps you’re right, Troy. Thank you.

+5 Elsa Favor.

You stand up and stretch. With nothing else to do, you make your way to where the others are dancing.

As you step through the crowd and join the others on the dance floor, Esmeralda is showing Will and Moana a gypsy dance. Will particularly struggles with it, but he seems to be getting it.

Esmeralda: Ah, Troy! Show us a dance the nobility of Agrabah would use.

Will :neutral_face: : Hear Hear! This curse is worse than I thought. I can’t eat, or drink, but it won’t stop me from being merry. Show me the worst dance you got.

Agrabah’s nobles don’t really have much in the way of dancing, the one dance you learned could work to the beat, but that doesn’t mean it should. Rather than make a potential fool of yourself, you could deflect and ask Will to show off his own dance instead.

• Dance
  • Deflect

0 voters

You whisper something to the drummer and he is soon pounding out a different beat.

Will :neutral_face: : Ooh, I like this.

You: This would be the dabke. It’s supposed to have several dancers, but for our purposes…I can make it work.

You close your eyes to avoid seeing the gazes of everyone and let loose to the beat. In many ways, it stings for you to dance like this. You remember when your father taught you this. After he died, you never danced it anymore. It was a painful reminder of how lacking your own happy ending was. Someone takes your hand. You look up to see Jasmine dancing to the beat next to you.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Who puts dabke on and doesn’t expect me to join in for a dance?

You and Jasmine continue the dance, and soon Will, Esmeralda, and Moana have linked up with you, as well as several other people.

Will :slight_smile: : I can see why people dance to this!

Esmeralda: Indeed, there’s something to Agrabah dancing after all.

Moana :+1: : And here I thought Troy was too stuffy to let loose.

+5 Jasmine Favor

+5 Will Favor

Will now likes you

+5 Moana Favor

Moana is now your ally.

After awhile, the dancers change their beat again and Jasmine leaves, no doubt to continue plotting with Quaz. With all that dancing, you are tired. You sit down to catch your breath. Watching everyone dance the night away.

At some point, you were taken to a hut where you crashed. Moana awoke you early the next morning as fog rolled over the hills.

Moana :handshake: : Elsa and I want to show you something.

Still exhausted from your night it takes you a while to fully wake up, but you follow Moana anyway. Moana boards Elsa’s ship and the three of you are soon quietly setting sail.

You: Where are we going?

Elsa :handshake: : A while back, I explored the woods to the north. There, I discovered Attohalan. A glacier that marks the connection between the spirit world and our own. I want you to share in it.

Moana :handshake: : We’re going to teach you to gain the help of the spirits around you, but first we have to wake you up to their call.

You got both Elsa and Moana to allies, and as a result will unlock the Water Kingdom Skill.

You sail into an ocean. The waves battle around you, but Moana raises a hand, calming them. You easily push through and soon see an icy land mass sitting on the waves. Elsa smiles sadly as the ship pulls up to it. You, her, and Moana disembark. The air is chilly so you rub your hands over your arms in an attempt to warm up. Elsa leads you confidently through the rough caverns that gradually smooth out until the ice is so polished you can sea your reflection.

You: Who used to live here?

Elsa :handshake: : I don’t really know. My mother and father were the spirit bridge before myself and Moana, but they didn’t live here. Perhaps a long time ago…one member of the bridge lived here.

You: You and Moana are the bridge?

Moana nods slowly.

Moana :handshake: : I’m really just a place holder though. The other end of the bridge is supposed to be Anna, Elsa’s sister.

Elsa pushes open the door at the other end of the chamber. A dome of ice materializes around them, different memories from different times flicker across the ice.

Elsa bids you stand in the center of a large design. Upon doing so, it glows brightly.

Elsa :handshake: : You have quite the spiritual attunement. Fire, water, earth and air all you spirits pass through the veil. Unlock the eyes of them standing here, heed their call as you would my own.

The chill in the room picked up as a crisp wind blew into you. At the same time, you could feel a warmth surge in your chest, the ground rumble beneath your feet, and the dampness of the air around you. Each converges on you in an overwhelming force that drops you to your knees. When you open your eyes again, the air has cleared, but you feel much more alert than ever before.

Spiritual Assistance Unlocked!

You: Wow.

Elsa :handshake: : Intriguing, the spirits of the elements all responded to you in the exact same way. I suppose you may even be able to gain the assistance of them all.

You: So how does that work?

Elsa :handshake: : For the most part, wait until you have need of their help, and they will become available.

The journey back to Montonui is done in a peaceful silence. Upon arriving, the village has come to life again. Will is grinning broadly beneath his palm leaf braided hat.

Will :slight_smile: : There he is! It’s time to go! We gotta go fight in a place called Animal Kingdom. I’m not a hunter, but I’ve always wanted to become one!

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Don’t go into this ready for a fight or there may be trouble.

Will :slight_smile: : But a pirate always goes into things ready for a fight, it’s like a brand!

Esmeralda: I thought Pirates also said ‘argh’, ‘yar’, and ‘aye’, but you don’t seem to be including those.

Will :slight_smile: : Well, yar, we do, but there aren’t any other pirates to ‘argh’ with me.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Imagine that? There aren’t any other pirates to fight with you either.

Will :slight_smile: : …You guys need to have more fun.

Quaz :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Master Troy, we’re going to get a ride to the Animal Kingdom’s shoreline, but after that, we’re on our own.

• Then we’d best prepare while we can.
  • Then we’d best enjoy our last moments in paradise.

0 voters

You: Then we’d better prepare while we can.

Will :slight_smile: : Or we can enjoy our last moments here! I’ve gotta say goodbye to the sand!

Jasmine :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : If that’s how you want to prepare to leave then…okay…

Quaz :sunglasses: : If you’d rather not say goodbye, you can stay. Just saying, we will gladly leave you behind.

-5 Will Favor.

Will no longer likes you.

+5 Quaz Favor.

+5 Jasmine Favor.

Soon your group is back aboard Elsa’s vessel. You wave goodbye to the two chiefs, Moana, and Powhatan before turning back to face the next part of your mission.

Arthur :slight_smile: : I’ve eaten food and had a good night’s sleep. Let’s do this.

Esmeralda: Ever onward, never looking back. We’ll save the world and pick up the slack.

Will looks back at Montonui with a sigh.

Jasmine :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Seriously?

Will :neutral_face: Yup!

Elsa :handshake: : Get comfortable, this will be a long boat ride.

After a week of sailing, everyone’s nerves are beginning to fray, except Will who sings shanties from the crows nest. Just when you begin to fear Jasmine would actually throw Will overboard, he calls out the most blessed of news.

Will :neutral_face: : Land ho!

Elsa :handshake: : That would be the Animal Kingdom’s shore. We’ll drop you off there, but then we’re leaving.

By Elsa’s bidding, her crew lowers down one log boat and you all pile in before being rowed to shore. Upon effectively dumping you on the island’s sand, the crew turns the ship about. Elsa waves goodbye from the deck, and soon you are alone.

Arthur :slight_smile: : Ugh, I wished I had said goodbye to the sand on Montonui too, because I want to say hello to this sand.

Your companions stand around, a bit dazed. Arthur pitches about, trying to find his land legs, but Will steps confidently towards the forest’s edge.

Will :neutral_face: : What’s the hold up here? Don’t we need to head off?

Jasmine :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Maybe after I get a couple hours to adjust to land again.

Will :neutral_face: : Oh…okay then! I’ll…get fire wood.

Will heads off to get firewood as the rest of you groan. He soon returns and you have a roaring fire to keep you warm and fresh fish for supper.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Who knew you could actually cook and things?

Will :neutral_face: : When you’re stranded on an island, you learn a couple things.

One by one, you and your companions drift off to sleep. At some point during the night, you hear the snap an crackles of leaves, but your exhaustion is so heavy you can’t force yourself to investigate it. The next morning, you awake to see Arthur still sound asleep, but all of your other companions are missing!

Chapter Status:

Quaz: [80/100] :grin:

Jasmine: [95/100] :sunglasses:

Arthur: [10/100] :neutral_face:

Will: [20/100] :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Chapter 12: Divided

Arthur: [10/100] :neutral_face:

Will: [20/100] :neutral_face:

Stats:

Experience (Level 3): [1300/1500]

Spiritual Assistance: Unlocked

You’ve just awoken from an exhaustive slumber only to find all of your companions missing, except for you and Arthur. You bolt upright and nudge Arthur awake, careful to stay quiet, eyes trained on the forest and right hand gripping your sword hilt. Arthur groans once but soon comes around and joins your bewildered look with one of his own.

Arthur :slight_smile: : Everyone…left us?

You: I don’t know.

You slowly get to your feet. After another second, you decide nothing is about to jump out at you. You search through your bag and find Excalibur still within. Upon patting your pocket, you feel the compass also. They didn’t take your artifacts, at least. Looking around more closely, nobody took any of their things either, and they don’t appear to have been searched.

Snap!

You draw your sword with a ring and turn to face the sound of a twig being crushed underfoot. A moment later, Will bursts out of the jungle, breathing hard. You gasp as you notice one of his arms missing. He isn’t bleeding at all, but he does cradle his stump.

You: Will! What happened to you? Where are the others!?

Will gasps out his response.

Will :neutral_face: : They…took them, I…couldn’t stop them.

Arthur :neutral_face: : Are you okay?

Will :neutral_face: :Oh yah, you should…see the other guy… at least…I’d say that if the other guy didn’t turn into a giant gorilla and tear my arm off with his bare hands.

Arthur gasped and Will offered a wry smile.

Will :neutral_face: : Don’t worry, my arm will come back to me all on it’s own, but the point is, I didn’t stick around to see if this curse could bring me back from powder.

You: Were you followed?

Will :neutral_face: : Maybe? I didn’t pay it any mind since they found us once already.

• Ask the spirits to unveil any nearby threats to you. (Requires Spiritual Assistance)
  • Scout the area.
  • Pack up to head out.

0 voters

You close your eyes, remembering what Elsa said. You softly petition the spirits to show you any intruders nearby. To your great surprise, they answer, though not by speaking. The forest tree branches around you twist away, and the ground glows all around. You can see deep within the forest, and you feel certain nothing hides from your gaze.

You: Nobody is watching us, that means we can move undetected.

Will :neutral_face: : Can you teach me to do that?

Arthur :neutral_face: : And me?

You: Uh… I don’t really know how, besides…we have more important things to do.

+5 Arthur Favor
+5 Will Favor

Will now likes you.

+100 Experience

Experience: [1400/1500]

Will :slight_smile: : Right right, looking for our buddies…I am not a tracker…at all?

Arthur :neutral_face: : I am.

Will :slight_smile: : Wait, really? You mean this pipsqueak actually has a use?

• You defend Arthur.
  • You laugh with Will.

0 voters

You: Well, for the record, the “Pipsqueak” now has been useful than you, so.

Will :neutral_face: : Ugh, fine…spoil my fun.

Arthur glances at you gratefully.

+5 Arthur Favor.
-5 Will Favor.

Will no longer likes you.

Arthur studies the ground carefully.

Arthur :neutral_face: :They were picked up and carried away. The tracks lead further into the jungle.

After you all gather up everyone’s stuff, Arthur slowly leads you further into the jungle. At some point along the way, Arthur finds, much to his disgust, Will’s arm crawling slowly towards the beach. Will scooped it up and snapped it back onto his shoulder, again to Arthur’s disgust.

Arthur :neutral_face: : They’ve been set down again. They’re being forced to walk at a pretty high speed.

Arthur plucks a piece of fabric that snagged on a bush.

Arthur :neutral_face: : And someone is leaving a trail for us. I think this is part of Jasmine’s skirt?

Arthur leads your group to the edge of a river, where he stops and looks around.

Arthur :neutral_face: : And…they have lost me.

Will :neutral_face: : Welp, excellent tracking then. We’re sure to find them now.

Arthur :neutral_face: : They must have continued in the creek bed, but I don’t know if they went up or down stream.

Just then, a young wolf emerged from the woods and sat down in front of you all. He scanned your faces before whining.

Will :neutral_face: : Can we keep it? Please?

Wolf: I don’t belong to anyone and that isn’t going to change.

You and Arthur gasp, but Will’s smile widens even more.

Will :neutral_face: : Oh come on! I’d be a great master, and you can talk, which means you’ll be my extra favorite! Barbossa and his monkey couldn’t possible compare to me!

Wolf: …um… no thanks.

A Very Squeaky Voice: Watchya got there, Mowgli?

An adorable rabbit with a big puffy tail hopped out of the forest.

Mowgli: This must be those strangers we’ve been hearing about.

Rabbit: Ooh, they don’t look as dangerous as I thought they would.

The rabbit scans each of you warily before pausing before Will.

A Timid Voice: Do you think it’s s-safe to t-talk to them?

A young deer slowly wobbled out of the woods.

Rabbit: Sure it is, Bambi, only that big one looks threatening, and I’m pretty sure we can take him.

Will raised an eyebrow and quirked his lips.

Will :neutral_face: : Take me? Heh!

Bambi: I don’t know… maybe we should tell Kerchak…

Rabbit: Maybe we will…after we play with them!

The rabbit leapt onto a nearby stump and bowed.

Rabbit: I’m Thumper! These are my friends, Bambi, and Mowgli.

Bambi: Hello…

Mowgli: Thumper! You’re not supposed to introduce us like that! We’re supposed to be quiet and behave.

Thumper: Eh, come on! They are harmless, I mean look at them!

Bambi: It doesn’t matter how they look, Thumper. For all we know, they could be working for…the Beast.

Will :neutral_face: : So what brings a wolf, rabbit and deer together without two of the three running away from the third?

Mowgli: I’d never eat my friends!

Thumper: It’s just more fun to play like this, there’s nothing wrong with it…right?

Thumper raises an eyebrow and turns to Bambi who gasped.

Bambi: Oh! My dad told me about people like this… those are just regular humans!

Thumper: You mean…they haven’t got an animal to turn into?

Thumper turned to you all, offering an adorable look of sympathy.

Thumper: These poor people. Imagine not having an animal to turn into?

Mowgli: Sounds miserable.

Will :neutral_face: : This just got…confusing…

• Ask them to explain what they mean.
  • Ask them for help.
  • Move along and try to find the others.

0 voters

You: What do you mean…turn into animals?

Will :neutral_face: : Seriously…I feel like they’re insulting me, but I’m happy I can’t be an animal…

+5 Will Favor
Will now likes you.

Thumper: It’s a…whatchmacalit. Bambi! You know about this stuff. What’s it called again? Poolya–

Bambi: Polymorphing.

Thumper: Right!

Arthur :neutral_face: : Oh, Merlin does that all the time though.

Mowgli: But you guys can’t? That’s strange.

Bambi: It–It’s kind of rude of us to be like this when you guys can’t be.

Bambi’s fur rippled and he squeezed his eyes shut. His fur folded in, replaceds by the cloth of a garment. In another minute, he stood up on his hind legs. Freckles dotted across his noce and his brown hair was slicked back.

Thumper now sat on the stump, he had silver hair and a woolen tan shirt. Mowgli sat on the ground now in human form.

Mowgli: So what are you guys doing here?

Arthur :neutral_face: : We’re looking for some of our friends, did you see them?

Thumper: Depends.

Arthur :neutral_face: : Uh…on what?

Thumper: On what’s in it for us. We can’t just go telling you any info you want, if you want it, it’s going to cost you–

Bambi: Tarzan and several others brought them by a while ago, he took them upstream from here. Not sure how far though.

Thumper: Oh, Bambi, you’re not supposed to tell them that!

Bambi: It’s not like you even saw them. It was my info to do with as I please.

Thumper folded his arms with a huff.

Thumper: Fine, off with you then.

You: Thanks for the help.

Arthur steps into the creek bed and heads up stream as Will offers the boys a lazy salute. A while later, Arthur climbs out of the creek bed, now once again following the tracks.

Will :slight_smile: : So…that dude who turned into a gorilla was Polymorphing. How do we beat something like that?

Arthur :neutral_face: : Probably most of them are harmless. Those three back there were okay.

Will :slight_smile: : One of them was literally a wolf.

• If we run into them, we can take them.
  • If we run into them we’ll run.
  • If we run into them, we’ll talk our way out.

0 voters

You: If we run into them, we’ll just have to talk our way out.

Arthur :neutral_face: : Uh…I’m not really sure…

Will :slight_smile: : Great, well I hope the gorilla will listen to us long enough to understand before he pummels us to death.

You whirl around to face them both, the words coming to you with ease. You whisper “uguns bumba” and a ball of fire writhes into life in the palm of your hand.

You: And did you guys forget that I’ve got magic and spirits on my side? If we have to fight them, we will, but I’d rather talk my way through.

Will :slight_smile: : Okay, okay…you make an excellent point…but I’m hiding behind you.

Arthur :neutral_face: : Same.

+5 Arthur Favor

Arthur now likes you.

With them convinced, you continue onward into the forest. All at once you burst into a clearing. High walls consisting of massive spiked logs embedded in the ground block your view of what lies within. A horn sounds from a nearby tower and after a moment, a portion of the gate opens, revealing a young man with dreadlocks and a loincloth. He has his hands balled into the fists and seems about ready to tear you apart with his bare hands.

Will :neutral_face: : That’d be the guy who turned into a gorilla.

Great, that means he could tear you apart with bigger hands. You force yourself to keep your face neutral, refusing to cower and step forward.

You: I believe you have taken some of my friends, I would like them back.

Gorilla-man: Tarzan takes, but will not return.

You: We are travelers in your lands, we meant no harm.

Tarzan :raised_hand: : Tarzan kidnap them to bring you here. Chief wants you. You come to him.

You: I wasn’t raised to listen to hostage demands.

• Fight Tarzan (Requires Strength)
  • Leave the fort.
  • Enter the fort.

0 voters

You sigh exasperatedly, but raised your hands in surrender.

Voice from the tower: Be sure you don’t try anything. I’ve got an arrow aimed at your chest and I never miss a shot.

You look up to the tower to see a fox with an arrow notched against his bow string, tail swishing back and forth as he glowers at you. Tarzan offers a grin.

Tarzan :raised_hand: : You our prisoner now.

You seethe as Tarzan takes three coils of rope and soon binds you all. Will whispers next to you.

Will :slight_smile: : Well, so much for running away, eh?

Arthur :slight_smile: : This was the best solution we could hope for…I suppose…

+5 Arthur Favor

+5 Will Favor

Tarzan leads you into the fort, the door slamming shut behind you. You notice the families bundled up by campfires, make shift tents arranged and cramped together to make room for everyone. Tarzan leads you steadily through the camp until you arrive at a giant tent in the center, where a massive man sits on a hand carved throne.

Tarzan :raised_hand: : Tarzan bring prisoners.

King :raised_hand: : Good. What is your name, boy?

• You behave defiantly.
  • You cooperate.

0 voters

You: My name is Troy, we’re here to–

King :raised_hand: I don’t care why you were here, because you are now here to do my bidding.

Chapter Results:

Arthur: [30/100] :slight_smile:

Will: [30/100] :slight_smile:

Tarzan: [0/50] :raised_hand:

King: [0/20] :raised_hand:

4 Likes

Chapter 13: King’s Request

Arthur: [30/100] :slight_smile:

Will: [30/100] :slight_smile:

Tarzan: [0/50] :raised_hand:

King: [0/20] :raised_hand:

Stats:

Experience (Level 3): [1400/1500]

You stand before a massive man, he must be at least 7 feet tall. His arms bulge with muscle and he is draped in furs and feathers. Many more adorn the tent walls around him, even the floor is covered by skins of fearsome predators. The man stands, now easily draping you in his shadow…

King :raised_hand: : I am Kerchak, the chief of this tribe. I bet you wonder who I am that you should do exactly as I order, well, let me show you.

Kerchak stepped around you and began making his way towards the tent flap. Despite the fact that he seemed to step gently, you can’t help but feel the slight tremor in the earth with each step of his swift gait. As he exits the tent, Tarzan pushes you, Arthur, and Will after him.

Will :slight_smile: : Okay, if Tarzan is loyal to this guy, then this guy must be ten times more terrifying.

Arthur :slight_smile: : Or a hundred…he looks like he could use me as a toothpick.

You are forced to a rocky cliff face the fort is built into. The many crevices among it are barred with iron bars clumisly fastened together with chain. As you draw closer, hands pop out of the holes, followed by a groaning. Kerchak turns to grin at you, now walking backwards.

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Our prisoners, they are absolutely miserable. I believe you might recognize a couple, although, then again, they are rather disheveled.

Kerchak nods at one of the guards and they nod before entering one open cavern, a couple minutes later you hear someone protesting being dragged away. You have to do a double take when you first see her. It was Jasmine.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Troy!

You: Jasmine!

She attempts to dart toward you, but the guard grabs her by the shoulder, she gasps in pain before swiftly covering it up, offering him a glare. Her hair is a mess and she has fresh cuts and bruises. She’s also cradling one arm as well as she can, but her eyes are bright and determined. Her spirit is not broken.

Kerchak nods again at the guard, and he pulls Jasmine back into the tunnel, you hear her protests echo up to you again, but they slowly fade. Kerchak turns back to you.

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Here’s how this’ll work. We’ll return one member of your party to you for each mission of ours you accomplish. She will be your reward for completing the first mission, and will be executed if you fail.

You: That’s barbaric!

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Welcome to the Animal Kingdom.

Kerchak grins broadly, a fanatic smile playing across his lips.

You growl, but your next words are sure, you couldn’t let them hurt anyone in your group.

Your moral compass will not allow you to risk your friends, you will not have the option to betray Kerchak until your friends are safe.

You: And what is it you want us to do, to get her back?

Kerchack :raised_hand: I’ve recently learned that an old shaman living deep in my empire is responsible for the death of my blood son. You will journey into my territory and kill Sheeta. Upon your return, we will release the girl to you.

You: And the others?

Kerchak :raised_hand: : One per mission, you’ll see each one before the mission so that you know they are alive, of course.

You: And how will you be sure that we do as you say?

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Tarzan will accompany you. He will not fight, but he will make sure you return either way.

• Call him a coward for sending you.
  • Agree to go with no problem.

0 voters

You force your eyes to the ground and bow slightly.

You: We will do this.

Kerchak sniffed at you before turning his back and walking away.

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Off with you. And know that if Tarzan does not return, none of your other friends will be returned to you.

+5 Arthur Favor

Tarzan leads you through the forest, having now freed your hands to make walking easier. If he fears that you could betray him, he does not show it. He leaps through the trees, swinging on vines and perching on tree branches to scout ahead. Eventually you stop to rest. In hindsight, you should have left the extra bags back at the fort since you’d be back there either way. You pull out some dried fruits the natives of Montonui had packed for you. Tarzan eyes you as you eat one. For the first time since you’ve, met him he seems to lack his animosity. He looks at you curiously.

• Offer him some fruit.
  • Ignore him.

0 voters

You hold out a piece of the dried fruit to him. He stares at you for a minute, suspiciously then ever so cautiously inches forward before tearing it out of your grasp. He spends some time poking it, and sniffing it before tasting it. He must have liked it because he soon has swallowed it up.

+5 Tarzan Favor.

After your little rest, your group continues on into the forest. Soon a trail becomes clear in the foilage, following it, your ford a creek, go up a hill, down the other side and are soon looping along a cliff edge. You are careful to watch your footing in the muddy trail, painfully aware that a slip up could result in you pitching over the side.

You soon see a small clearing with a hut. Taran pauses before crouching in the bushes near it. You need a strategy. Kerchak said Sheeta was a shaman, that could mean magic? You need info, but what information should you ask of Tarzan first?

• You ask what Sheeta polymorphs into.
  • You ask what magic Sheeta possesses.
  • You ask how Sheeta is so strong.

0 voters

You: What makes Sheeta so strong?

Tarzan raised an eyebrow at you, obviously confused by the question.

You: I mean, why can’t you beat her?

Tarzan :raised_hand: : Tarzan is not the strongest. Sheeta use trees. They grab and hold. Then Sheeta uses claws.

You: The trees? Like, controlling them somehow.

Will: Kerchak did call her a shaman. Maybe she can do the tree thing, like what you did earlier?

Tarzan: Troy also move trees?

Tarzan pointed a spear at your chest suddenly.

Tarzan: Tarzan should kill other shaman?

• You explain you are a good shaman. (Requires Charisma.)
  • You rip the spear from his hand and point out that you could have killed him at any time. (Requires Strength.)
  • You beg him to leave you be.

0 voters

You: No no, not bad shaman. I’m a good shaman.

Tarzan stares at you for another long minute before slowly retracting his spear.

Tarzan :raised_hand: : Good shaman?

You: Yes, and I won’t hurt you.

Tarzan pursed his lips, slowly nodding.

+5 Tarzan Favor

+100 Experience

Experience: [1500/1500]

Level Up!!

Tutorial: Choose a new skill to unlock

• Strength
  • Agility
  • Hand to Hand
  • Heavy Weaponry

0 voters

Strength Unlocked.

With that resolved, you turn you attention back to the hut. A middle-aged woman returns to the hut. She wears a gorrila skin robe and has a necklace of various teeth. From her staff dangle all sorts of charms, a rabbit’s foot, a piece of a deer’s antler, among other things. She drops several herbs into a pot of boiling water, and a pleasant smell begins to emanate from it. You decide the best attack you could use is a sneak attack. You stealthily draw your sword and sneak towards her. Jsut before you can reach her, she spins around and raises a hand. The ground beneath your feet quakes as tree roots jut out suddenly, pitching you to the side.

Not missing a beat, Will leaps out of cover charging with his cutlass. He slashes, but Sheeta twirls away at the last second, leaving him to have slashed only her cloak.

Sheeta: Ha, you fools think you can beat me? I will add you to my collections!

Sheeta raised her staff and the vines in the trees swiftly wrapped around Will. She turned back to you now, her staff on the ground as she pounced, suddenly a leopard.

• Dodge out of the way and counter. (Requires Agile)
  • Block her
  • Step back

0 voters

You lift your sword in front of you. As she dives into you, you slash across her chest, but she tackles you and you wind up with a nasty scratch across your face. Sheeta leaps off you and hisses at you again before raising a clawed hand. The jungle branches around you come to life and converge. Suddenly you cannot move. Sheeta whirls around, now charging for Arthur who yelps and dives for cover behind a nearby tree stump. Will is in an anguish as he he frantically attempts to slash through the vins binding him. You catch sight of Tarzan through the jungle, almost completely camouflaged. His eyes meet yours…and then he looked away.

Favor Test: Tarzan didn’t like you enough to help fight Sheeta.

Sheeta pounces on top of the tree stump, hissing down at Arthur on the other side who has his arms raised to shield his face. You have to help, and now!

• Break out of your bindings. (Requires Spiritual Assistance.)
  • Slice through the vines. (Requires Dueling.)
  • Distract Sheeta.

0 voters

You struggle for another moment before you close your eyes. The spirits are so close, they are around you, determined to keep you trapped. You reach out to them and beseech them to change their minds, and they do. The vines wrapped around you begin to slacken. You meet Will’s eyes and note that he is free as well.

+10 Will Favor

+200 Experience

Experience: [200/4000]

Now free, you charge Sheeta, a growl rising in your throat from somewhere deep within you. Sheeta spins, surprised by your presence. She raises a hand, but the vines aren’t on her side anymore, they are on yours. You slash Sheeta’s side and she spins away from you swiftly attempting to dive away.

+5 Tarzan Favor.

Sheeta hisses at you, but before she can morph into her leopard and attack you, Will appears from behind, swinging on a vine and landing square on her shoulders, easily knocking her to the ground and pinning her there, sword against the back of her neck.

Will :slight_smile: : I officially hate the jungle!

Favor Test: Will was not afraid to brave the leopard shaman, Will has passed his first favor test!

You have defeated Sheeta!

+1000 Experience

Experience: [1200/4000]

+5 Arthur Favor

+5 Will Favor

+5 Tarzan Favor

Tarzan now likes you.

Sheeta: How dare you attack me! I will end you all! I will tear you all to pieces! Ragh!

Despite Sheeta’s thrashing, Will remained calm. Arthur came out from behind his tree stump, trembling at the woman. Before any of you could decide on what to do now, Tarzan leapt up and snapped her neck, swiftly causing her to fall silent.

Will :slight_smile: : Well… I guess that’s done. Let’s go free Jasmine!

Arthur swiftly turns away from the sight, but you stare at her prone form. She is dead, and you realize that the way these people do things here, is terrifically gruesome.

Tarzan: Troy is coming?

You turn back to see Tarzan waiting for you, eyebrows raised.

You: Yes, Tarzan, I am coming.

The trip back to the fort is much faster than the journey away, as it is when you’ve completed what you set out to do and are returning home.

You soon stand before Kerchak again. Outside the caverns of their prison. Jasmine is being held just inside the entrance, but as you approach, the guards holding her release her, allowing her to freely reach you.

+10 Kerchak Favor

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Troy! It’s so good to see you again!

You: It’s good to see you too, Jasmine.

You glance down at the arm she is cradling, it looks awful.

• Demand a healer for Jasmine.
  • Set her arm yourself.
  • Ask Kerchak what the next step is.

0 voters

You: This isn’t how she was when we came her, how dare you do this to her! I demand a healer here, right now!

Kerchak rolled his eyes at you.

Kerchak :raised_hand: : You will not have a healer, your demands are hardly worth my time or energy and I absolutely refuse to–

Woman: That is enough, Kerchak. You will not get anywhere with this one unless you adhere to his requests as he adheres to yours.

A woman stepped out of a tent, also dressed in furs. She quickly stepped up to you and gently took Jasmine by her uninjured arm.

Woman: We will do our best to tend her wounds, and I can assure you, the other two have not been harmed.

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Kala! You cannot show your weakness!

Kala :raised_hand: : I do not show weakness, I show mercy, and you would be wise to rethink your opinion on the matter.

Kala glances at you appraisingly.

Kala :raised_hand: : Someone as young as he is is making a better leader than you are, that should certainly tell you something.

+10 Kala Favor.

+5 Jasmine Favor

-5 Kerchak Favor

Kerchak huffed but did not respond. As Kala led Jasmine away, Kerchak turned back to you and again led you before the prison. This time, they led Quaz out. He was struggling lightly, but you note that, aside from some bruises and scratches, he was not in terrible condition. Quaz was led back into the darkness and you turn to Kerchak.

You: And what is my next task?

Kerchak :raised_hand: : There is a trade route to a port through which we export resources. A guard is stationed their and prevents us from passing through it. The other route is long and miserable, full of both bandits and other dangers. Go take out the guard and we will release your next companion.

You nod slowly.

You: If we must we must. I suppose Tarzan will show us the way?

Kerchak grunts in response before heaving aside a tent flap. Tarzan guides you out of the fort and on to a different trail, once more.

• Ask Tarzan why Kerchak is in charge.
  • Ask Tarzan why their is a civil war.
  • Ask Tarzan which side is winning the civil war.

0 voters

You: Tarzan?

Tarzan :+1: : Hmm?

You: Why are you fighting?

Tarzan :+1: The enemy want our land and our resources. We won’t give them.

You: But didn’t you try to compromise?

Tarzan raised an eyebrow at the word and you break it down.

You: Like, try to make it so you don’t fight? Give them a little so they leave you alone?

Tarzan nodded.

Tarzan :+1: : They don’t want little, they want all. Kerchak said if we give any, they will try to take all. We don’t want that. We want our land.

You purse your lips and nod, gears turning. So the other king wants their land? For what purpose? As someone raised in diplomacy, you know that there are always two sides to every coin. What is it the other king really wants?

You pause in your tracks as you hear the sound of rushing water. Ten minutes later you see the cause. I giant waterfall plummets down a sheer rock wall, converging on a pool from which the frothy water continues on the river’s course. The river itself is passing through a ravine, the banks are sheer cliffs of sturdy rock. It’d be a struggle to actually cross this river except for a huge tree that has fallen over the river. Given it’s mossy surface, you’d guess it’s been this way a long time. Tarzan draws out his spear and gazes around uneasily. Evidently, this is the place that the guard is stationed

You lock eyes with Will and simultaneously draw your swords. Arthur mutters something behind you about needing proper sword training. Across from you, on the other end of the bridge stands an armored knight. He heaves a massive broadsword before barking out.

Knight: More fools bound to take me out? Well you’ll be hard pressed to defeat me!

The knight took another menacing step forward, and you all do the same.

You glance around and study the area. What’s the best course of action for you to take here?

• Rush him.
  • Knock him off balance (requires Wizardry)
  • Catch his blade and trip him up. (Requires Hand to hand.)

0 voters

You pull out your spell book and glance down at the page it has fallen open to. You position your hands and recite the words: Vēja brāzmas! As you do so, wind exudes from your fingertips and buffets the knight. The weight of his armor sends him reeling back, knocked off balance. Beside you Will leaps into action, quickly racing across the bridge and slamming his saber against the man’s armor.

+200 Experience

Experience: [1400/4000]

+5 Will Favor

You and Will are now friends.

+5 Tarzan Favor

Tarzan follows up Will’s attack by polymorphing into a gorilla and slamming the knight clean off the bridge. The knight splashes heavily into the water and swiftly sinks, the weight of his armor carrying him to the river’s bottom and a watery grave.

Will meets you eyes as Tarzan morphs back. Something exchanges between the two of you, and you know that he knows exactly what you will do. How could you do anything else? Kerchak may have your friends, and you may have killed Sheeta, but this time, you will save this enemy.

Your moral compass will not allow you to leave the knight to die. This will affect your standing with Kerchak.

You set your sword down and leap from the bridge, splashing into the swirling, cold water. At the bottom of the river, you can see the knight, his helmet is now off and a look of terror is upon his face. You swiftly swim around behind him and undo the clamps holding his armor into place, but you can’t heave the armor off of him. You suddenly become aware of another form beside you, it’s Will!

With Will’s help, you manage to lift the armor and set it down, then swiftly pull the man to the surface of the river. The rapids are a struggle with a half conscious, heavy-set man between the two of you, but you swim to the cliff edge despite it. You feel something poke your head and look up to see Arthur gripping several vines. It’s nice that he wants to help, but he can’t possibly lift any of you by himself… and then you see he ha wrapped the vines around a tree. Evidently he plans to use the tree as a lever to pull you up. You grab the vine and tie it around the knight as best you can. Arthur struggles to pull him up and you know it’s not going to happen. Arthur yells something, but you can’t hear what over the sound of the river. After another moment, the knight is easily pulled up and the vine is lowered again. Will ties you into it, and then you are floating, for just a minute.

When you touch solid ground again, you take in your surrondings. Arthur is binding the knight and you see Tarzan reel in Will. Upon finishing this task, Tarzan turns to glare at you.

Tarzan :+1: : What you doing? You help enemy! You are enemy!

You: No, Tarzan! Killing people isn’t helping anything. I refuse to let your father turn me into a killer! I couldn’t save Sheeta, but I certainly could save him!

Tarzan gapes at you, eyes wide. Will stretches next to you.

+5 Will Favor

+5 Arthur Favor

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : So…what do we do with this one?

• Let him go free.
  • Take him to Kerchak as a prisoner.

0 voters

You: We’ll have to take him prisoner.

Arthur :slight_smile: : What!?

You nod toward Tarzan who has a tight grip on his spear.

You: I doubt very much that Tarzan would let us release him anyways.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : When you’re right, you’re right.

+5 Will Favor

-5 Arthur Favor

Tarzan pursed his lips before nodding and roughly leading the knight through the jungle. The knight was mostly silent as he went and you take the opportunity to study the first of the other side you’ve seen. His red hair and beard are long and cascade down his back and chest. He has a rich tan and hardened red eyes.

You soon reach the fort again, which opens for you. Tarzan shoves the knight to the ground and Kerchak steps through a crowd of onlookers to glare at you.

Kerchak :raised_hand: : I told you to kill him, not bring him back.

• Point out he has a means to gain information. (Requires Cunning)
  • Tell him the deed is done.
  • Explain why you saved him. (Requires Strength and Cunning)

0 voters

You: I have no intention of killing your enemies. I could save him, and so I did. If you have a problem, then…

You kick out the knight’s knees and he collapses to the ground. He glances up at you, eyes filled with hatred, but you ignore it. You dart over to a nearby weapons rack and lift a giant war axe off it. You carry it over to Kerchak and slam it down in front of him.

You: Then kill him, right here, right now, in front of all of your people. Let them see the foolish loss of life that this war is. You have the chance before you to start working towards a different goal. Don’t work towards war.

Kerchak huffed, but his eyes roamed over the gathering crowd. Mothers watching, some covering their children’s eyes. Young men with arms crossed and eyebrows raised. The knight at his feet, despite his glowering, a spark of fear in his eyes. Kerchak kicked the axe away before snapping. Two men grabbed the knight and began hauling him away.

Kerchak :raised_hand: : We’ll interrogate him and gain as much info as we can.

-5 Kerchak Favor

+10 Kala Favor

Kala is now your ally

+10 Tarzan Favor

+200 Experience
Experience: [1600/4000]

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Meanwhile, you’ll be pleased with your next assignment. You are going to convince the king of the other kingdom to come to a meeting to discuss the terms of his surrender.

Chapter Results:

Jasmine: [100/100] :sunglasses:

Arthur: [40/100] :slight_smile:

Will: [60/100] :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Tarzan: [30/50] :+1:

Kerchak: [0/20] :raised_hand:

Kala: [15/20] :handshake:

3 Likes

Chapter 14: Peace Attempts

Jasmine: [100/100] :sunglasses:

Arthur: [40/100] :slight_smile:

Kerchak: [0/20] :raised_hand:

Kala: [15/20]

Stats:

Experience (Level 4): [1600/4000]

Strength: Unlocked

You: What do you mean, ‘the terms of his surrender’?

Kerchak: :raised_hand: : You seem to think that this war is pointless, that the loss of life is unneccesary. Very well then. End the war with his surrender.

Kerchak raised a hand and guards emerged from the prison, releasing Quaz. Two other guards were holding Esmeralda, she seemed alright, though she looked tired. The guards disappeared back into the darkness with her and Quaz slowly plodded over to you.

Quaz :grin: : Master Troy, You look well.

You: You’ve seen better days, Quaz.

Quaz :grin: : I suppose I have, haven’t I?

+5 Quaz Favor

Kerchak clears his throat and you redirect your attention again.

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Tarzan will take you as far as our border, after that, you’re on your own. Once you return successful, we’ll release your friend and you can be on your way. Any questions?

• Yeah, How the heck am I suppose to get him to agree to peace?
  • Yeah, is this some kind of a joke?
  • Nope, no questions…

0 voters

You: Nope, no questions…

Kerchak :raised_hand: : Good! Here I was expecting I’d have to listen to more of your whining. Of with you!

+5 Kerchak Favor

It doesn’t take long for you to be out of the fort and on your way. Much to your cheer, Jasmine and Quaz are coming along as well. Will seems to be cheerful, whistling a tune and strolling forward into the jungle. Tarzan is on edge, moving silently as he keeps his spear pointed in front of him.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : You sure seem to be in a good mood, Will, what’s the occasion?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : We’re almost out of this hole! I’m ready to be done with jungle, done with civil wars, and done with shapeshifting beastmen!

Quaz lowered his voice before speaking.

Quaz :grin: : There’s still the matter of finding the artifact. It could be back in their fort for all we know.

You: Actually, it isn’t, I checked and I sensed it pulled from this direction. It must be in this other tribe’s domain.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Great, our luck is really something, huh? Even if we obtain it, we’ve still gotta go along with Kerchak so we can free Esmeralda.

Arthur :slight_smile: : Speaking of all this stuff, I need to learn how to fight, in any way, preferably with a blade…anybody gonna teach me and offer me a weapon?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I’d be glad to teach you a few swipes, but…weapon? We can’t just pull one out of thin air, unless our fearless leader has a magic spell like that?

You flip through your spellbook, nothing stood out so you slowly shook your head. However, there was one weapon not in use. You could let Arthur use Excalibur. But should you? That’s all he wants from you, and he might try something after geting it.

• Offer to let Arthur use Excalibur.
  • Decide against it.

0 voters

You purse your lips before reaching into your back and pulling out Excalibur, carefully wrapped. Even if this was an elaborate attempt by Arthur to get a hold of the sword, it’s not like he could escape with it. No, there’s no reason to worry about that, least ways not now.

You: Arthur, you can use this, at least for the moment.

You hold the sword out to him, offering him the hilt. He glances over at you in surprise before swallowing.

Arthur :slight_smile: : But I thought…

You: You pulled it from the stone, that means it must have been made for you. It’s not like you are planning to run off into the forest with it, right? That’d be dangerous to your life anyways.

Arthur :slight_smile: : Right. Th-thank you, Troy. I will use it well.

+15 Arthur Favor

You and Arthur are now friends.

Arthur wags the sword in the air awkwardly, unsure of what to do with it. You all stop to rest and Will begins a pirate lesson on how to wield a sword. That is, he challenges Arthur to a spar and offers tips as he lazily fences with the lad. Despite only just receiving the sword, Arthur seems to take heart at Will’s instruction. He adjusts his grip to hold the blade properly and after a couple minutes is soon parrying Will’s attacks, which got fiercer and faster. The spar ends rather abruptly with Will’s sword point against Arthur’s throat, which is no surprise of course.

With this lesson finished, Will helps tie the sword against Arthur’s side in a makeshift hilt of sorts. Tarzan watched all of the proceedings with a wary eye, but said nothing. Once the rest was over, everyone packed up and continued on down the path.

An hour later, Tarzan stopped abruptly before backflipping over your entourage and darting back into the forest.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Well, goodbye to you too!

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Guess that’s the end of our guided tour.

You and companions down the forest trail before you. Of course there’s no difference in what you’ve seen from before, but the temperature seemed to skyrocket down and the creatures around you seemed suddenly louder as if jeering you on.

What course of action do you plan to take?

• Continue stealthily.
  • Continue confidently.

0 voters

You swivel around to gaze through your surrondings.

You: We should be fine if we proceed with caution.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : They’ll probably know we’re there before we know they are there…being sneaky isn’t a good idea…

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : But if we are quiet, then they won’t know we’re there.

-5 Will Favor

+5 Arthur Favor

Your group continues slowly. Avoiding crunching over leaves and cracking the broken twigs. The forest sounds continue to jeer at you from all sides, but you keep the ball of nerves in your gut at bay. You proceed for another two hours without interruption until you finally decide to take a break. Will takes the opportunity to tell the tale of one of the many adventures he’s been on. Like all tales, you get the distinct impression that this one has been…altered to make Will seem more impressive.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : So there we were. Jack and I against fifty Brits.

Jasmine :grin: : Really now, fifty?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : So then we hurled them over board and I had to sail an entire ship on my own.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Whatever happened to Jack Sparrow? Wasn’t he helping any?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Given it was Jack Sparrow…no. He just stood their and flapped his arms around.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Sounds like he was drunk to me.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Jack Sparrow always sounds and act drunk…I don’t know why, really.

Jasmine :grin: : Well you act drunk about fifty percent of the time so it’s not that hard to believe…especially since he’s a pirate, I mean… yo ho ho and a bottle of rum is how you guys are, right?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I’m not drunk half of the time!

You: You said Jack spent a lot of time on an abandoned island? Maybe he’s just insane.

Quaz :sunglasses: That makes sense, Master Troy. Will is only half insane because he had someone else to keep him company.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I’m not insane, at all!

Jasmine and Quaz grin and Arthur hesitantly pipes up.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Well actually, when Troy and him were fighting Sheeta…he couldn’t help but swing off a vine. I don’t think it was really necessary but…

Jasmine :grin: : Sounds like something a crazy person would do, if you ask me.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Crazier yet, he and Elizabeth both stayed on an island full of cursed skeleton people for the longest time.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Yah, yah, yah. I’m so crazy… the craziest thing I’ve ever done is join you guys on this quest! I hoped to get out of the jungle, and now look, we’re right back in the middle of one.

Jasmine :grin: : Majority rules, you are officially crazy.

Everyone laughs as the banter continues, until it is interrupted by the distinct sound of a twig snapping underfoot.

• Call out.
  • Reman quiet and prepare an ambush.

0 voters

You bring a finger to your lips and your companions settle down for a moment…and then Will continues speaking loudly. Jasmine laughs at the nonsense he says. You smile a little. They’ll keep the cover so that whoever is out there has no reason to suspect that you heard them. You and Quaz qietly slide away from the campfire soon adjusting to the darkness. You spot a figure watching your group from behind some bushes. Quaz meets your eyes and you know he has spotted them too.

The two of you leap out, and your hands land squarely around their neck. They eep shrilly and then attempt to get away, but you hold on tight. Quaz helps you bring them by the fire and there you gape at the form before you. A rather large bunny? They aren’t as tall as you, but they might be four feet tall.

Bunny: Let go of me or I’ll kick you into next week!

You: Not until you tell us why you were spying on us!

Bunny: Because I felt like it! Why else would I do it? Now let. me. go.

You hesitate for a minute before setting the bunny down in the center of the camp. Everyone else has weapons trained on the bunny, who shapeshifts back into a human girl and gaining a foot in height.

Bunny: My name’s Judy. Judy Hopps.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : And what were you doing spying on us?

Judy: Research. I didn’t realize you guys weren’t inhabitants of this land.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Given your polymorph, I’d say you are an inhabitant of this land too.

Judy: Well, actually, that’s not entirely accurate. Part of this land is merged with the Tech Kingdom, I’m from there. This place is much more barbaric and technologically lacking.

Quaz :grin: : And what are you doing here?

Judy: I’m doing some research, as I’ve said. I’m investigating how different people live in their animal counterpart environments and how it affects them psychologically. It’s my senior thesis before I graduate from law school. I’m with a buddy of mine, Nick Wilde. He’s investigating the origin of polymorphing and how it became integrated into society.

Your companions stare at her blankly.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Uh… law school… sighlolly, uh…

Judy: Psychologically.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I understood about half of those words…but I think it was only the little halfs that are unimportant…

Jasmine :sunglasses: : The tech kingdom is extraordinarily advanced in many ways, but they choose to keep their technology behind their walls. While they advance to the future, everyone else is just scraping out of the dark ages.

Judy: Hey, don’t you start hate like that. The other leaders showed no interest in what the tech kingdom had to offer, not our fault.

Quaz turned to you.

Quaz :grin: : Well, Master Troy, what are we going to do with her?

Judy: Do with me? What is there to do with me?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : She could be a spy.

Or she could just be telling the truth. You could make her come with you, let her be on her way, or tie her up and leave her here. Know telling for sure which choice is right, but each will certainly dictate her attitude toward you as well.

• Take her with you.
  • Tie her up and leave her here.
  • Let her be on her way.

0 voters

You: We’re just going to let her go on her way.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Really? That seems… trusting?

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Honestly, I agree. She’s no threat to us and her story checks out.

Judy: Good to know someone is being sensible here. I’ll just pretend I never saw your strange group as long as you pretend you never saw me should we meet again.

You: Deal.

Quaz :grin: : But if we catch you foloowing us, we’ll tie you up and leave you here.

Judy: Fair enough. Ta!

Judy morphs back into a bunny and hops away. Will frowns but soon relents.

+Jasmine Favor Maxed

-5 Will Favor

Your group turns in for the night with Jasmine and Quaz keeping the watch. At some point in the night you here shouting and force yourself out of a dream. Before you can do anything, you feel claws at your throat.

???: I wouldn’t try anything unless you want to lose your whole throat.

You: That’s not…preferable, no…

You mumble, still sleepy. Other hands roughly pull you up and you shake the sleep out of your eyes to see all of your friends in similarly held positions.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Can this maybe not happen again?

Quaz :grin: : Well, Master Troy, see you once you’ve completed their missions, I guess.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I. Hate. This. Jungle. Like really, does it hurt for them to wait till morning? Or how about they just nicely wake us up first.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Well, at least they aren’t leaving me by myself. Though if they did I suppose I could come try to save everyone?

You notice a woman who had claws around your neck morphing her arm back into a human’s.

Woman: Your little stealth attack ends here. Where is my husband?

The woman’s arm turned back into what you now recognize as a lion’s paw.

Woman: Whichever one of you killed him, will die in his place.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Y’know, saying “my husband” doesn’t really narrow down who you’re talking about, right? I mean…for all you know, we might have killed hundreds of people…

Woman: His name is Simba. He was guarding the fallen log bridge you had to have crossed to be on this path.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Oh that guy! He’s alive. At least… he was… mmmm…maybe he’s dead now. I don’t know.

The woman backhanded Will and he grunted, her claws leaving marks on his cheeks that slowly closed on their own.

You: We took him prisoner. He is alive, at least for now, but you won’t stand a chance if you try to bust him out.

The woman retracted her hand from Will and stepped over to you.

Woman: Well, I suppose we’ll just have to take you all prisoners then.

The woman turned away from you and snapped. The people holding you began to push you roughly forward while a couple others gather all of your stuff. They made no effort to take your weapons away from you which struck you as strange. They must not think you are a threat to them.

You are led through the jungle and finally through a massive gate in an even more massive cobblestone wall. From then on, the forest is gone, now replaced with rough cobblestone paths and actual wooden houses. Children run about playing, some pausing to gape at you as you pass. You can’t help but notice the stark difference between this part of the kingdom and the roughly thrown together fort Kerchak is in.

You continue through the streets until you reach a castle with walls of it’s own. You enter another gate and are soon led inside and to a throne room where a young man paces. He has piercing blue eyes and long blonde hair. You get the distinct impression that this is the king in charge over here.

Woman: King Adam, we have found the stealth mission party.

Adam: Bah! And you expected that you could get by me? Who do you think I am?

The gruffness of his voice fully shocks you.

You: We…we weren’t on a stealth mission!

Adam: Right, right. Then what were you here for? Hmm!?

You: We came to… uh…

Now that you think about it, saying you came to discuss the terms of his surrender sounds like a great way to get ripped apart.

• You say you came to discuss the terms of his surrender.
  • You say you need his help.
  • You explain that you are an outside party.

0 voters

You: We need your help.

Adam: Oh? My help? And what can I possibly do for you all.

You: …come to agreeable terms in a surrender to end this civil war.

Adam: Bah! Surrender!

You: Your kingdom should have peace–

Adam: Bah! Peace! We are animals! Animals do not have peace.

Upon snarling this out, Adam inhals deeply before straightening his collar and running a hand over his hair.

You: Of course animals have peace. Animals live in harmony with each other, but you are hardly animals. You are people.

Adam turns away from you and looks out a window at children playing in the square.

Adam: Do you know, the first person to ever polymorph was a queen? Her daughter fed her an enchanted tart and she turned into a bear. The daughter was devastated by what she had done, but she managed to reverse the curse bestowed by the tart…or so she had thought. What she didn’t know at the time, was that her mother was always able to turn into a bear after that. That was the birth of polymorphing. It is in our veins. If we stay in our animal state for too long, we become the animals themselves and go mindless!

Adam turned to face you, his clean-shaven face now covered in fur that was groing fast as his teeth bloomed with razor sharp fangs.

Adam: An enchantress did this to me. If not for my beloved Belle, I would not have broken her curse either.

Adam shifts back to his human appearance.

Adam: It takes great will power to keep control of ones sanity, and the enemies do not possess this willpower. So they must be wiped out before we get an army of rabid beasts charging after us.

You purse your lips considering carefully.

• Explain the fear you saw at Kerchak’s fort.
  • Tell him what Kerchak thinks is going on.
  • Point out the hypocritical savageness in his desire.

0 voters

You: You know, what I saw there is nothing like what I see here. The children didn’t laugh and play without a carein the world, they huddled in tents with their parents, worrying each hour of the day over what their fate will be. There’s no laughter. No joy. Just fear of what will become of them. If your argumant is that you aren’t an animal and therefore must wipe out those who are, then you either or an animal, or you’re a human with no moral integrity. Either one sounds awful to me.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : That’s right! You tell him Troy!

+Jasmine Favor Maxed.

The guard holding jasmine jabs her with her first and she grunts, but smiles all the same. Adam snarls at you for a moment, before hesitating and falling into a bemused smile.

Adam: You are right, Troy. I must behave as a gentleman. Yes. A peace must be reached between our people. According to my reports, you all are travelers in our land. Therefore, you shall be treated as my guests. Nala, have the servants prepare rooms for them.

The woman from before growls lightly.

Nala: As you wish, my lord.

She whispers something to a person nearby and several servants appear as the guards release you into their custody. You are taken to a bath chamber where you bathe before being showed a small but clean room. No sooner have you settled in than a servant whisks into the room with a tray of food.

Upon eating you stretch out on the bed and doze until your door bursts open and Jasmine and Will step inside before furtively closing the door behind them.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I don’t trust them.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I got a distinct pirate feel from that guy, and pirates love to betray almost as much as they love to plunder loot… myself excluded, of course.

You: Even if that’s true, we have no way of knowing what they are up to. And if we want Esmeralda released, then we have no choice but to get this peace treaty going.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Troy, you have a good heart, but we need to prioritize right now. We want you to keep your eyes and ears open for what their plan is, but we also need to find the artifact, we might not have another chance while we’re here.

You: You’re right… but I don’t think he’d let us have it.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : We’ve already talked to the servants. Apparently we are not allowed to leave our rooms after sunset.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Which means it’d be the perfect time to do some searching.

You: That…does sound like the perfect opportunity…if we don’t get caught.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : That’s why we’re leaving Arthur and Quaz out of this. They don’t have the stealth required.

You raise an eyebrow at Will.

You: And he does?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I’ll have you know, I’m great at stealth!

You: Right, right.

You close your eyes and soon feel the familiar tug of the artifact. It’s much stronger now, definitely within the castle walls.

You: It is in the castle…somewhere. Farther from here though.

Jasmine :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Must be in the other wing then. We’ll meet up outside your room later.

With that the two leave the room again. You sigh before relaxing back into the bed. Before long you doze off, but your dreams are plagued with animals twisted into nightmares and chasing you everywhere. You jolt awake to the quiet sound of knocking. You open the door and stalk out into the hall next to Jasmine and Will. From a high window nearby, the moonlight just skims Will’s arm. Where the light touches, you see decaying flesh and bone. Will moves out of the light and you watch his arm slowly regain it’s skin, muscle, and color. The effect sends chills down your spine.

• You all split up to cover more ground.
  • You stay together.

0 voters

You: I’ll try to find the relic. You guys split up and look for some other information.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I think splitting up is an awful idea…

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Well… no! This way, I can scare everyone I meet by looking like a haunting skeleton!

+5 Will Favor

-5 Jasmine Favor

A few minutes later, you are sneaking through another hallway, following the pull of the artifact. You swiftly stop in your tracks and press against the wall as you hear the sound of metal clinking on metal. Soon you hear voices speaking in hushed tones, one of which you recognize as Adam.

Adam: Hurry up! Time runs short!

Feminine voice: I am, my love, patience.

Adam: You must promise me you will stay in the cellar.

Woman: I promise, as I do every night, my love.

Metal jingles and then you here footsteps pad away. The door flings open and a girl soon flees the room, a book tucked under one arm. The girl continues past you, not even sensing your presence. The door she exited from has swung closed. You debate investigating, but you feel the pull lead you past the door, and so disregard it.

You dart through the shadowy hall and enter a room in the far hall. In the center of the room, upon a table, a rose floats in the air. The air tingles around it, but it maintains it’s stance. You have no doubt that this is what you came for. Just before you seize it, the door opens behind you and the girl you saw before folds her arms.

Woman: I knew I heard someone. What do you think you are doing here?

• You say you got lost looking for the bathroom.
  • You ask her what she is doing here.
  • You say Adam told you to be here.

0 voters

You: Uh… what are you doing here? I thought Adam told you to go to the cellar?

The woman scoffed.

Woman: Deflecting will accomplish nothing. Just get out of here.

She holds the door open. You glance at the door, back at the rose, then to her.

You: Okay, fine. I’m… uh… I need something.

Woman: Oh, now you need something, huh? Wow. Lay it on me.

You: If I told you that that rose was an important item in a quest that would break a curse that’s been stuck on the earth, would you let me take it?

Woman: Hmm. Sure.

You: Wait, really?

Woman: Sure. But you’d have to prove it is a curse. What curse, hmm?

You: Well you see it’s uh–

You pause as a shadow whisks past the other side of the window.

Woman: Oh please, I’m not falling for that–

The window shatters as a skeletal figure rolls through.

You were just about to call out to Will for making so much noise, when your heart catches in your throat. That’s not Will.

Skeletal Pirate!: Grah! Give us back arr cursed treasure!

The girl screams behind you as the skeletal sloppily pulls himself to his feet.

• Dash from the room.
  • Knock it back out the window with magic. (Requires Wizardry)
  • Subdue him with the table. (Requires Heavy weaponry.)

0 voters

You raise your hands again, recalling the familiar words which easily roll of the tip of your tongue.

You: Vēja brāzmas!

The pirate, now half human, goes tumbling back out the window with a shriek. Having tumbled out he immediately begins pulling himself back to his feet.

+200 Experience
Experience: [1800/4000]

+5 Woman Favor.

Woman :raised_hand: : How’d you do that?

You: Not important right now!

The pirate groans as he finally rights himself again. You grab the woman’s hand and charge out of the room a couple feet before you double back and snatch the rose out of the air.

Woman :raised_hand: : Hey! You can’t take that!

You: I thought you said I could if you saw proof of a curse!?

The woman pauses for a second before nodding and pursing her lips.

Woman :raised_hand: : Fine! But Adam will be angry when he finds out you took it.

You: Then we need to get out of here!

Woman :raised_hand: : There’s a secret passage in the cellar…which is also on the opposite side of the castle…

No sooner have the two of you darted from the room do you hear the sounds of battle. Over the din down the hall you hear Adam calling.

Adam: Belle! Belle!

The woman purses her lips.

Belle :raised_hand: : Get out of here! I’m going to release the beast.

You charge down the hall, catching Jasmine in the hallway as she trips a pirate over the balustrade and he goes slamming into the floor beneath.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Troy! There’s pirates!

Will throws a base of knight armor down the stairs, causing several pirates to go sprawling.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : We have eyes, Jasmine! We gotta go! Everyone in this castle is either a pirate, or a crazed beast person. We goota find Quaz and Arthur and get outta here!

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Not without the artifact!

You: I got that!

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Oh? Right!

You: Belle says there’s an escape tunnel in the cellar.

Will darted down the hall your rooms were in and you and Jasmine joined in.

You find Quaz blocking a pirates strikes with a bust. Will quickly helps him send the pirate careening back out the window. Suddenly the door to Arthur’s room explodes off it’s hinges as a pirate flies out and slams through the opposite wall. You peek in to see Arthur with his hands in front of him and eyes closed. He chances a peek and see the pirate gone before meeting your eyes with a shock.

You: Huh. Looks like you have a couple surprises too.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I-I don’t know what I even did.

You: Magic.

Arthur gets to his feet and scampers towards you.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Arthur, bring your sword.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Oh…yeah!

Arthur sheepishly retrieves Excalibur of the ground as another pirate roams down the hall. Quaz surges forward, slamming him to the ground and then kicking him away. Four pirates round the corner. After a couple minutes of minutes, each one has been taken down, but it’s only a matter of time till they pull themselves back to their feet. You all swiftly make your way down the main staircase and enter the foyer, where you encounter what must be Adam in a full state of rage. Anything that gets close is demolished between his claws and fangs. He lifts a pirate and tears him in half before hurtling him into two groups of beast people. His eyes fall on you, and you so no flicker of recognition in his snarl. Adam is one of the crazed beasts he fears.

Adam darts toward you, fangs oozing saliva as he lets out an ear splitting roar.

• Try to reach out to him and calm him. (Requires Spiritual Assistance.)
  • Dodge around him. (Requires Agility.)
  • Let your companions deal with him.

0 voters

You reach out to him, sensing a darkness attempting to overcome a weak light. As you move closer, the darkness looks up at you, surprised. With a raised hand, you gentle calm the darknened spirit. The light suddenly leaps up, grabbing hold of the darkness and pulling it back. You feel yourself being ejected from Adam. When you come back around, he has his hands clamped tightly around his head and struggles.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Well that’s better than how I would’ve dealt with him, whatever it is you did.

Belle :raised_hand: : Indeed, thank you for not hurting Adam, Troy.

Belle rounds a corner.

+5 Will Favor

+10 Belle Favor

Belle is now your ally.

+200 Experience

Experience: [2000/4000]

Belle :handshake: : Come on, this way!

Just as Belle pulls a door open for you, you here a snarl behind you.

Barbossa: Not so fast ye yellow livered bags hogs! I’ll take what’s mine, or the lady’ll get it!

In the middle of the foyer Barbossa holds Elizabeth firmly, a knife pressed to her throat.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : No way! You can’t hurt her, she’s got the same curse I do!

Barbossa: Eh heh heh, that’s what you think. This here is a crescented blade of the Aztecs. It was made to cleave through blessings, curses, magic in general, anything. Her pretty little head’ll go on rolling on the floor if ye don’t bring me back that compass and come back to the island with us.

Chapter Results:

Quaz: [85/100] :sunglasses:

Jasmine: [95/100] :grin:

Arthur: [60/100] :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Tarzan: [30/50] :handshake:

Kerchak: [5/20] :handshake:

Kala: [15/20]

Belle: [15/20] :handshake:

4 Likes

Chapter 15: Chaos Reigns

Quaz: [85/100] :grin:

Kerchak: [5/20] :raised_hand:

Kala: [15/20] :handshake:

Belle: [15/20] :handshake:

Stats:

Experience (Level 4): [2000/4000]

Elizabeth: Don’t do it Will! Barbossa’ll–

Barbossa clamped a hand over Elizabeth’s mouth then drew the dagger along her throat, a slight bubble of blood stemming where the blade met her skin.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Elizabeth…darling… I…

Will turns to face you, an unreadable expression on his face as he draws his saber.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I’m sorry, Troy… I can’t…

You: Yes you can. If you don’t she’ll die and you’ll die and the curse will never be broken.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I…

Will’s eyes suddenly cleared as if he was coming out of a fog. He exhaled deeply before turning back around to face Barbossa

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : You keep Elizabeth alive or I’ll break the curse so I can kill you myself! We’ve got a job to do, and it doesn’t involve you any further.

Will’s eyes hardened.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Or Elizabeth!

With that, Will ripped a knife from its sheath and hurled it through the chandelier’s rope sending it crashing down on both Elizabeth and Barbossa.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Let’s go!

Will liked you enough to choose your quest over Elizabeth. Will has past his favor test!

Your group charges through the door, Belle leading the way. She pulls open a trap door leading to the cellar and pulls aside a shelf stocked with jars of food.

Belle :handshake: : This tunnel will take you out near the edge of our territory. Despite what’s happening here tonight, Adam sent assassins to take down Kerchak at the meeting before he gets there. I don’t know if you need to stop it, but whatever you do, good luck.

You: Thank you Belle!

Belle nodded as you and companions began darting through the tunnel, mind whirling with worries, scenarios, and possible futures. You could take advantage of this chaos to free Esmeralda and be on your way, but that requires you to abandon the animal kingdom. You could also choose to warn Kerchak beforehand about the assassins, but that would mean you failed in your quest and he may not release Esmeralda to you.

• Attempt to bust Esmeralda out and flee the animal kingdom.
  • Attempt to stop the assassins from killing Kerchak.

0 voters

You: We’ve got what we came here for, I say we go back to Kerchak’s fort and take advantage of thi chaos ro bust Esmeralda out and get outta here.

Your moral compass has shifted.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : When you’re right, you’re right.

Quaz :grin: : At least we know that this kingdom will again be united.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I don’t know… by that guy in there who had to be chained in a room? Seems to me like they’d be better off with Kerchak.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Kerchak’s got nothing compared to this guy… even if we stopped the assassins, there’d be nothing we could do about it, right?

+5 Jasmine Favor

+5 Quaz Favor

Quaz will now follow you to the ends of the earth.

-10 Will Favor.

Despite your misgivings, you continue charging down the tunnel. You find that Belle was correct to say that it would end near the territory line. Tarzan is sitting in a tree just outside the tunnel as you emerge. He seems surprised that you emerged where you have, but that’s not your worry right now. Tarzan is in your way, but how should you get rid of him?

• Fight him.
  • Warn him of the assassins.
  • Trick him and go on.

0 voters

You: Tarzan! They are right behind us, we need you to block off that passage!

Tarzan nods swiftly and leaps off the tree trunk, landing easily on the ground before surging forward, already transforming into his gorilla. As he turned to smash the cave you exited from. You continue running with your friends in tow.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Well that worked.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : When he comes after us later, I’m gonna tell you I told you so, because that is just gonna anger him later.

You: We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, now come on!

Your group continues charging down the trail. The jungle around you is alive with chattering and tweeting. You hear yelling and the sound of combat as well. If Tarzan has realized that you have left him behind, he still hasn’t caught up to you. Within an hour including some desperately needed rests, you make it back to the fort, but you are too late. The massive gate has been plowed off its hinges and even a segment of wall has been busted through. Beast people fight all over the interior, however you note that skeletal pirates are noticeably absent. Barbossa must have retreated after he lost sight of your group.

The lone archer who you saw in the tower before is still up there, firing arrow after arrow into the masses of bodies below him. You don’t see Adam among those present here, which means these must be the “assassins” he sent. You didn’t realize that it would actually be an army.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : So… how are we going to get through all that to get to the prison?

You: We’re gonna dive right in.

Despite saying that, you can’t all group through these enemies. Besides, you need someone to cover your retreat as well. You will go in, of course, but you should take one other person with you. Arthur has newly used magic which could be of use. Jasmine has the agility and abilities of a thief which you might need, and Will has an indestructible body which might let him make for a good distraction. Despite Quaz’s strength, you don’t feel it’d compare to any of these creatures. It’s for the best if you have him wait for you here. Who will you take with you?

Tutorial: Sometimes you’ll have to go on a side mission with characters of your choice. It’s important to choose the character most optimal for the mission. Choosing well awards Experience and Favor. Choosing poorly costs you experience and favor. In this particular case, you can succeed with any of the three options, but that won’t be the same after this one.

• Go in with Arthur.
  • Go in with Jasmine.
  • Go in with Will.

0 voters

You: Jasmine and I will go down there and free Esmeralda. Quaz, Will, and Arthur, you guys cover our retreat and keep an eye out for enemies.

Your companions nod as you dart down the hillside, Jasmine at your side. You sidestep around a bull and boar wrestling on the ground and continue deeper into the fort. One gorilla charges after you, but Jasmine leaps atop him and slashes his neck open as she falls down the other side. He collapses to the ground.

After another few minutes, you burst into the prison. There are no guards present, and no prisoners either, at first glance. You charge through the cavern until you reach the very last two cells. Esmeralda lays in one, and the knight you rescued before sits in the other. He has a black eye and other bruises, but seems alright aside from that. He looks up at you defiantly as you enter.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Keep an eye out for intruders, I’ll pick this lock.

Jasmine slips one of her daggers into the massive lock and begins twisting it this way and that. After a couple seconds, it clicks open and together you heave the screeching gate open. Esmeralda sits up bleary eyed as you enter.

Esmeralda: Don’t tell me my eyes are gone. I think I see Troy and Jasmine. Though you two look like a mess.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Yah, you aren’t one to talk either. Good to see you again, Esmeralda.

Esmeralda: Aye, and you as well.

Knight: You! Let me out of here!

You turn to face the knight, the defiance from before having left his eyes.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I really don’t know about that… I mean… he’s prolly dieing to get back at you, right?

Knight: I have better things to do than crush you. My people are fighting out there, and I should be fighting too. If you free me, I will have mercy on you. If you do not, then when we next meet I will tear your head off myself.

Esmeralda: Well, goodness. Aren’t you a diplomat.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Prolly the closest thing to one in this awful place.

Freeing the knight could turn the tides against Kerchak, but likely not by much, and you’d rather have him slightly indebted to you in that regard should Kerchak win the day. On the other hand, if Kerchak did win, letting him out could be an issue?

• Free the Knight.
  • Leave him locked up.

0 voters

All of the other cells are empty. If Kerchak won, he’d just assume someone else broke him out. Regardless of how much he contributes to the fight, you won’t be leaving him here.

You: If we bust you out, you have to swear not to reveal to anyone that we did it.

Knight: Deal.

You: Alright. Jasmine, can you pick the lock?

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I sure hope you know what you are doing, Troy.

Jasmine advances to the cell and soon has the door opened. The knight hobbles out, bows to you, then launches himself toward the exit. Calling over his shoulder.

Knight: Remember the name Simba, for it is him whom you will always have an ally in.

Simba is now your ally!

With that, the knight is gone, no doubt to join in the heat of battle.

Esmeralda: Your rescue is most welcome, now we escape this fiendish place, yes… or we need a relic? What must we do? Snatch it from the chief’s neck? Enter a cave of collapsing tunnels?

You: Actually, Esmer–

Esmeralda: Perhaps we must get the fox! I don’t know if he has it, but I have half a mind to–

You: We already have the artifact. We just came to bust you out then get out of here.

Esmeralda: Truly? Well then, let us not waste another moment! Onward to… where are we headed?

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Out of here, and that should be enough for now.

A cheetah goes flying into a wall and falls down. Near the entrance you note a Rhino that evidently just hit them. Esmeralda’s eyes open wider then narrow.

Esmeralda: Yes, that is sufficient! Away from the demon beasts it is!

The three of you charge back through the battlefield avoiding attacks. Just as you near the exit, you see Adam in full armor standing tall over another battalion of soldiers. He is blocking your exit. He blows into a horn which rings across the battlefield, slowly causing the fighting to stop.

Adam: Soldiers! Today is the day that the savages of our land have finally been brought into our hand. Savages! Throw down your weapons, tame your beasts, or be wiped out!

You note the warriors all around you shapeshifting back into their native forms. Kerchak does so as well. At his side is Kala. Around the two of them lay at least a dozen slain beasts. Evidently he should not be triviled with. You scan the jungle for your other three companions and see them slinking away into the jungle. Good. They were not discovered. In a tree, sitting on a branch you see Tarzan staring down at you. A look of fury mixed with pain. He spins and swiftly darts deeper into the forest.

-20 Tarzan Favor.

Tarzan no longer likes you.

• Surrender.
  • Attempt to flee before they stop you.
  • Join Adam’s side.

0 voters

You subtly edge forward towards the compound exit. You don’t get very far before Nala has beared down on you and presses a claw to your throat. You freeze where you are before slowly raising both hands. Jasmine and Esmeralda dejectedly follow suit.

After a bit of time, everyone has been rounded up and organized into several lines. You note that alot the women and children that were here before are missing, they must have escaped. Adam stops in front of you and frowns at your place in the crowd.

Adam: Troy? I see you are once again in the place I last expect you. I must thank you for keeping Belle safe from those Skeletons, even if they did get away with my enchanted rose.

You stiffen slightly, but not noticeably. Interesting that he thinks that. Only one person could have told him that, and that’s the one who knew.

Belle covered your theft for you. Belle has passed her Favor test.

Adam: Simba, Nala, have Troy and his friends join the rest of these prisoners in the mines. Send scouts to scour the jungles. I want the rest of them found.

Simba :handshake: Adam, if it pleases you, let Troy and his friends be.

Adam: Hmm? And why should I do that?

Simba :handshake: Because they freed me from my cell and saved my life before. I owe them freedom. Please let me pay my debt.

Adam: Mmm. Very well. Troy. As of now, you and your companions are banished from this kingdom. Should we ever see you again, you’ll be taken straight to the mines where you will work the rest of your lives. Are we clear?

Simba got you out of a very precarious situation. Simba has passed his favor test.

You: Crystal, sir. I will leave within the hour.

Adam: Good.

Upon gathering some supplies you are let out into the forest with directions to the tech kingdoms walls, where you only hope they will let you in. As you trek in that direction, the rest of your group finds you and congratulates you on your successful mission to free Esmeralda.

+Jasmine Favor Maxed.

+200 Experience

Experience: [2200/4000]

As you near the Tech Kingdom, signatured by the massive metallic wall covering the land, you notice Tarzan staring off towards his home forlornly. His eyes meet yours and he strides over to you. You expect him to attack in some way, but the only thing that assaults you is the words he utters.

Tarzan :raised_hand: : To think. Tarzan considered… teaching you. Teach you to find your own Gorilla.

You: My own Polymorph, you mean?

Tarzan nods.

Tarzan :raised_hand: : You not welcome here, Troy. Not now, not ever. My people now enslaved by enemies. Enemies which you helped.

Tarzan says nothing further, instead he strides past you and into the forest.

You failed to gain Tarzan’s Favor. You will not unlock the Animal Kingdom skill of Polymorphing.

You hang your head for a moment then raise it up again. You cannot dwell on your defeats. You have the artifact you came for, and that is all you really needed. You are more than half way there now, and there could be nothing worse than the animal kingdom… right?

Quaz: [90/100] :grin:

Will: [50/100] :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Chapter 16: Underwater

Quaz: [90/100] :sunglasses:

Stats:

Experience (Level 4): [2000/4000]

Polymorphing: Locked

You are standing outside a gate belonging to the tech kingdom trying to reason your way inside, but it is not happening as the guard keeps making outrageous demands.

You: We are refugees from the animal kingdom in desperate need of your assistance, please, let us in!

Guard: I’ve already told you. The tech kingdom only allows those who offer a tech of their own to enter. You have no tech, so you have no entry.

You: Where in the world are we supposed to acquire tech outside of the Tech Kingdom!?

A voice yells something to the guard and the guard leaves the tower. A moment later a young man in his teens appears in the tower. He has a strange looking pigtail, a dazzling smile, and a leather jacket. He leans heavily against the railing as he gapes down at you all.

Young man: Ahoy there! I here you’ve got yourself a little problem, eh?

You: Uh… I guess you could say that.

Young man: Well, you’re in luck, because our interests align!

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Is it just me, or does running into people like this usually bode bad for us?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Well, actually, they always seem to put us in the perfect spot to nab what we need next. So I’m all for an adventure. Plus, I’m pretty sure he knocked that guard out.

Quaz :sunglasses: : He definitely is not supposed to be up there.

Esmeralda: He has a nice smile, and he’s not threatening us with claws or gorilla arms. I like him.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Whatever gets us in there the fastest.

Young Man: See, I happen to know of a place that has loads of tech…and treasure! You can have the tech, I can take the treasure and bam, we’re in business. Sound good?

You hear the sounds of something sliding into medal and the young man looks back over his shoulder before glancing back to you, his smile never faltering.

Young Man: I need a pirate crew to help me, and you guys look like you’ll do. So, you in?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : … He had me at treasure, and pirate.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Aside from you… I don’t think our history with pirates has been that great…

Esmeralda: Not like we have a choice in the matter, if you ask me.

• Agree.
  • Negotiate. (Requires Cunning)
  • Refuse.

0 voters

You: We want a share of the loot, and a guarantee that you’ll get us into the city afterwards.

Young man: You drive a hard bargain. I don’t know… maybe I’ll just find another group to go with.

He raises an eyebrow at you, but you fold your arms and meet his gaze. He thinks you are desperate but the truth of the matter is, he’s desperate too. This is an opportunity for you, but it’s an escape for him, and he won’t refuse your deal.

He ‘ponders’ for a few more seconds and then all of the sudden a laser shoots past him, just grazing his shoulder. For the first time since you saw him, his smile falters and he leaps off the balcony. To your suprise, you see that he is standing on a metal platform with some sort of fire shooting out the opposite side. He manuevers it easily performing a loop-de-doop before landing next to you and discarding the metal.

Young Man: I’ve decided to accept your terms. Come on this way, I’ve got a submarine stashed by the shore.

+5 Young Man Favor

+200 Experience

Experience: [2000/4000]

He darts away. You glance up as several mechanical figures lean out off the balconey with things that look suspiciously similar to Will’s flint lock pointed at you. You eye your companions and then charge after the young man, who dives smoothly into the water.

One by one you and your companions dive in after him. In the clear water, you see him swim through a circular opening that seems to lead into a giant metal carrier. You swim in after him. It feels strange. It heats you up while chilling you to the bone. It rakes across your skin and leaves your hair standing on end. On the other side, you tumble out into a dry room. Before you have time to survey anything, you feel something slam into your back, and down you go with the something lying atop you. The something groans and then you feel it squash you harder as something else lands on top of it. You lose your sense for a moment, but come around to peals of laughter coming from the young man.

Young Man: Guess you guys never used something like that before, huh? It’s a weathering portal. keeps the water out, but let’s people in.

You realize what the something was. Will. He landed atop you and your other companions followed after leaving you on the bottom of a very heavy pile. Perhaps if your instincts were more refined, this wouldn’t have happened.

You: Get off me!

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : We’re trying, Troy. Quaz and Arthur got all tangled up in Jasmine’s hair.

Beside the young man, Esmeralda is now standing, also laughing at the group. After what feels like hours but was prolly only a minute, Will gets off you and you take in several lungfuls of air before you turn to address the young man.

You: Uh…never got your name.

Young Man: Oh, yah? Name’s Silver. Long John Silver.

You: A pleasure, I’m Troy, and we’ve got Esmeralda, Jasmine, Will, Quaz, and Arthur.

Silver nods at each of you in turn before dusting his hands off on his pants.

Silver :raised_hand: : Okay, so here’s what’s gonna happen. I’m driving as far in as we can go. After that, we’ll have to swim in. You guys can steal some tech and I’ll steal some treasure and we’ll meet back here, head back to the tech kingdom and you guys can get in. Sound good?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Sounds good to me. What’s the first step, captain?

Silver :raised_hand: : Captain, huh? I like that. Well, there’s no sales in this, but how’s your navigating skills?

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Not bad at all, sir.

Silver :raised_hand: : In that case, what I’m thinking is–

As Silver leads Will away Jasmine rolls her eyes.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Oh no, there’s two of them.

Esmeralda: At least there’s two of us too. We won’t go crazy.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : There aren’t two of me. How come I’m the only kid around? Troy, when will we recruit the next child?

Quaz :sunglasses: : Perhaps we will recruit the next child that intentionally tags along in a heat of vengeance?

Jasmine :sunglasses: : In the meantime, you and Quaz can be partners.

You: Wait, but then that means I’m all alone!

Esmeralda: Sorry, love, the leaders are always alone.

You: No they’re not! They specifically aren’t!

Suddenly Will’s voice booms over cone shaped holes in the walls.

Will over speakers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : All hands on deck–er… what is this thing called? The bridge? Wait, but how will they know how to get-- just… All hands just climb the stairs and look for a door that says bridge on it. It does say Bridge, right?

Silver over speakers :raised_hand: : Of course it does.

Will over speakers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Wait, but is it in some other fancy language, or can they read it? Come to think of it, I’m not even sure they read the same thing I read! What’s that all about–

Silver over speakers :raised_hand: : Maintain your position, Will is coming to get you and lead you here.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : … So… what’s a hand? I mean, I know what a hand is, but… we’re hands?

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I think it’s a crew member.

Esmeralda: Definitely.

Will stampedes down the stairs to you all, a bewildered smile on his face.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I like this tech kingdom! This is like a ship, but it sails under water instead of above water! So if there’s any rocks or reefs or anything, we can see them so easily!

Esmeralda: Can we fanboy about this later? I believe we’re supposed to meet up with this Silver on the bridge.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Hmph. No appreciation for this stuff. Fine. This way.

Will leads you all back up the stairs and through a door that clearly reads Bridge on it. Silver stands in front of a wheel and begins turning it. In front of the wheel you see a huge glass panel and past it, fish swim past underneath the waves.

Silver :raised_hand: : Oh good, you’re here! So, here’s the game plan. Hundreds of years ago, the tech capital of the world sank beneath the waves. Unfortunately, when it went under water, it became a part of the water kingdom, but I’m not gonna let that stop me from getting some treasure. For you guys, there’s plenty of tech that hasn’t been rediscovered.

You: Wait a second, do you mean? Is that place even real?

Silver :raised_hand: : Yup it is! There was an exploration expedition that went there. They had to jump through so many diplomatic hoops to tour the place so they couldn’t bring any tech back. The two survivors spoke of flying machines capable of shooting blasts of energy that would sear through anything and crystals that sparkled with beauty and were charged with some special energy. The one crystal chunk they brought back put them into mansions and will let them live the rest of their lives quite comfortably.

You: I always thought it was just a story! That’s there’s so much about this!

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Yah, sure, now who is fanboying? Hmm?

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Gonna have to agree with Will on this one, Troy. What’s Silver talking about?

You: The lost island of Atlantis!

Esmeralda: Hmm. If it belongs to the water kingdom then…shouldn’t we go through the diplomatic channels? I would think Attina would appreciate a visit.

Silver :raised_hand: : Are you listening to me? The explorers were killed off or kidnapped. Of the thirty that went in, only two came back, and the two that did wouldn’t talk about their journey. If we don’t wanna share their fate, then we’ve gotta try different route than they did.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Plus, we’re pirates now! We’re all about going around the law!

Quaz :sunglasses: : … haven’t you always been a pirate?

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Now that he’s in like minded company, he’s got to act like he is one.

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : If they aren’t talking about it and were attacked… maybe they didn’t go through the channels they said they did? If they had permission, all that wouldn’t have happened, right?

• Speak to Attina.
  • Just go in.

0 voters

You: We’re going through the proper channels. Attina should know something at least, and going off into the unknown without an inkling of what’s going on is a bad idea.

Will :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Boo! What kind of a pirate are you.

Silver :raised_hand: : Pirates are all about sailing first and thinking after… how boring.

Jasmine :sunglasses: I for one think it makes logical sense.

Arthur: We wouldn’t have gotten very far on our own anyway…

- 5 Will Favor

You and Will are no longer friends.

- 5 Silver Favor

+10 Arthur Favor

As you follow Arthur’s finger pointing out the window you see dozens of merphels swimming about, many glaring at you. Evidently you shouldn’t be here. A minute later Attina swam up to your vessel. She swirled the trident in her hand and a pocket of air appeared around the ship, slowly causing it to land on the ocean floor. Silver slowly steps out and the rest of you follow.

Attina :raised_hand: : Troy, what are you doing within my domain? I understand you already found the Water Kingdom’s artifact. There’s no reason for you to be back, is there?

Of course she already knows of your quest, but not of your current one. You could tell her the truth, but you don’t know that she’d be too keen on helping you steal tech. You could lie and say the artifact you seek is in Atlantis, that’d get the ball rolling, but it might be more difficult to explain. Or you could lie completely and say you wanted to help her look for King Triton, course who knows what that would do.

• Tell her the truth
  • Tell her you don’t have the artifact
  • Tell her you want to help her look for King Triton.

0 voters

You: We need your help to get our hands on some… Atlantis Tech so we can enter the tech kingdom.

Attina :raised_hand: : Did you really just come here to ask something like that?

-5 Attina favor

You: Afraid so. We need to get into the tech kingdom for–

Attina :raised_hand: : Yes yes, I know why.

Attina waved you away with one hand, her other hand gripping the trident tightly.

Attina :raised_hand: : Let’s… talk about it.

She nods to those around her and the merphel swim off, some still eyeing you warily.

Attina :raised_hand: : Atlantis is a very secretive and very antisocial society. They want precious little to do with humans and that’s all the more true due to that last band of ruffians from the tech kingdom.

You: I realize that but–

Attina :raised_hand: : Ah ah ah. I’m speaking. However, we merphel are on generally good terms with them. We bring them supplies and have councils with them to determine what to do next down here. Under any ordinary circumstance, I would never consider allowing anything to jeopardize our relationship, but my father is still missing and I do not believe he will be found unless this curse is lifted. To that end, I can arrange for your safe transport into the city and a conference with the Atlantisans, but you’ll have to convince them to give up their tech through your own means.

You: That’s a very generous offer.

Silver :raised_hand: : To good to be true, if you ask me. What do you get out of it, fish princess?

Attina’s eyes narrowed at Silver.

Attina :raised_hand: : I told you. I get my father back.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : How exactly will you plan for us to get in there?

Attina :raised_hand: : Simple. I will turn you all into merphel and you can deliver the supplies to Atlantis. Then you can have a chat with them while you are there.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Uh…fish? I don’t really want to be a fish…

Will :slight_smile: : Well, I’m down for becoming part fish! It’s sure to be fun!

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Sounds fishy.

Esmeralda: Did you really have to do that?

Attina :raised_hand: : Unless you have a better way in, Troy, that’s my offer.

• Suggest using the sub and stealth to enter the city.
  • Go along with Attina’s plan.

0 voters

You: I think we can work with your plan.

Will :slight_smile: : Look at that, Troy does now how to have some fun.

Silver :raised_hand: : I don’t know about fun, but sure, it’s a valid plan.

Attina :raised_hand: : Good to see your common sense hasn’t left you.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Maybe I’ll just…stay with the underwater boat?

Arthur :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : I can stay with you too, if you’d like.

+ 5 Will Favor

You and Will are now friends.

+5 Silver Favor

+10 Attina Favor

Attina is now your ally.

-5 Quaz Favor

Quaz will no longer follow you to the ends of the earth.

Attina raised the trident and a blast of golden magic shot out from it before swirling around you. Your feet suddenly pull together and feel as though bound with a tight rope. However, you also feel your muscles pull tight. You will be a strong swimmer. Before you slam into the ground, the air bubble fills somewhat, capturing you within it. For a moment you hold your breath, and then you exhale into the water watching the bubbles exude from your mouth and make for the surface. You can breathe just fine.

• Perform a flip to show off. (Requires Agility)
  • Connect with your inner beast to better control your fins. (Requires Polymorphing.)
  • Struggle with swimming.

0 voters

Your tail flaps in the water and you wind up doing an unintentional somersault which ends with you slamming into the sea floor head first. With a lot of wiggling, you manage to right yourself by laying upon the rock itself. Esmeralda offers an amused laugh as she easily swims around then pulls into a tight flip before steadying herself upright, gently flapping her tail to retain her position. Will seems to disregard the tail completely, attempting instead to only swim with hands. This causes him to swim where he wants to go, but at a rather slow pace. Meanwhile, Jasmine seems to be having almost as much trouble as you were and Silver keeps his hands at his side, only using his tail to propel him forward. His turns are wide and thus longer, but his navigation seems on point.

Attina :handshake: : Well, some of you are adjusting well. Don’t worry, baby merphel have a ton of trouble with navigation…course that only lasts for seven seconds, but still. I’m going to send Ariel with you, she’ll show you the way. Don’t get her involved in your schemes.

At Attina’s command, a young woman swam up to your group. The first thing that struck you was her flowing red hair, the second was her bright eyes gazing at you all curiously.

Ariel: Hello, I’m Ariel! I’d be happy to show you the way to Atlantis once you’re ready.

• Greet her with the gesture of the merphel. (Requires Manners)
  • Compliment her.
  • Introduce yourself and your group.

0 voters

With a struggle, you gain your balance and raise your right hand to your chin sticking the thumb against your chin and offering a wave with the rest of your hand. Both Ariel and Attina seem mildly suprised by your gesture before they return it.

Attina :handshake: : I was not aware that you knew the gesture of greeting among our people, Troy.

You: There’s a lot you’d be surprised about me.

+5 Attina Favor

+200 Experience

Experience: [2200/4000]

Ariel lugs around giant backpacks and hands one to each of you which you all put on.

Ariel: Alright, this way to Atlantis!

Ariel grins brightly before performing a loop-de-loop and heading off. Esmeralda is the only one able to match her pace as the rest of you struggle on with Silver ahead, then you and Jasmine using each other for support, and Will behind you. You hear Quaz and Arthur shouting goodbye or some such thing but you dare not respond because of how intently you are concentrating on keeping your balance

After traveling for a while, you and Jasmine let go of each other and attempt swimming on your own, which you do. Your propellesion and steering gets better and you soon catch up to Silver. The ocean is absolutely breathtaking. Attina’s magic must have also alterred your eyes because you don’t need to close them and you can easily sea the breathtaking colors of the coral as if you were looking through a window instead of water. Ariel stops your group to double check everyone, but none of you are tired, except Will who has been using hands only. Ariel offers him direction on using his tail and then swims off again, you all quickly following after.

You must have swum across miles of ocean and twisted and turned and who knows what all, before Ariel takes you deep into an underwater cavern and finally up on the other side, you surface into a small pool of water surrounded by rock. Beyond your little pool, there’s a rocky path extending up to a wooden bridge which leads to a massive center island. Several darkskinned people dressed in blue and white are climbing down the bridge and making their way towards your group. Ariel lifts off her backpack and heaves it onto the ground beside you then turns to grin at you all.

Ariel: This is it. This is Atlantis!

Chapter Results:

Quaz: [85/100] :grin:

Arthur: [70/100] :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Silver: [5/20] :raised_hand:

Attina: [20/20] :handshake:

4 Likes

Alrighty. First choice is out.

4 Likes

We made a promise to both Will AND Elizabeth. So if we won’t keep it for him, we should at least keep it for her.

Also peeps don’t forget to put this topic on watchinh or tracking to not miss out on the fun!

1 Like

Next choice is out.

3 Likes

@TheCannonCart
@Imagineer_V
@JokersWild
@Zach5365
@ill_be_needingstitches
@D3m0nm4n
@MissingLure
@Disney-Fan
@Phal
@AbuBakr-Umar

You’ll have a few more hours to vote in the current poll!!! I would very much like to hear what you think about Montonui :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Next choice is out.

1 Like

Next choice is out. Enjoy the party, whoot whoot!

5 Likes

I think it’s clear who to prioritize right now. We have let them down and need to regain favour :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Next choice is out.

2 Likes

Next choice is out.

2 Likes

Practice what you preach!!

(It ain’t my fault y’all wanted to go talk to them first instead of enjoying some of the party.)

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well I think it’s a logical way of doing it. First talk to those whom we have dissapointed, then take a break by dancing and end with conversation again!

1 Like

Next choice is out.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney