The Next Disney Princess

That because she did an act of heroism which is one of the qualification of being a princess.

It’s gotta be a significant act of heroism. Like, save a country levels of significant.

By this logic shouldn’t Anna be a princess as she has a horse, and Sven?

Exactly, Mulan saved ding dang china. If Esmerelda would have stayed a princess, it would be for helped save an entire city from tyrannical rule and an entire culture from genocide.

Frozen apparently made too much money for the Disney princesses. The global gross of Anna and Elsa’s movie dwarfs that of the other princesses’ movies, so that somehow stopped them from being included.

1 Like

If anything, Anna and Elsa would have been shoe-in for the line up

Yes, but somehow since they made so much money, they got put into their own franchise and are not Disney Princesses.

It dosen’t really make much sense when you get right down to it.

As for Esmerelda, I don’t think Disney wanted a prostitute as a Disney Princess. And the criterium about commuting a significant act of heroism was basically just an excuse to put Mulan in with the rest of them. I don’t know if any other character will ever be qualified because of that reason.

2 Likes

She was probably like that in the orginal book, but Disney probably dulled it down significantly for the movie, she dosen’t really do anything morally shocking really.

I think this guy sufficiently answers the question to why both Ann and Esmerelda are not Disney princesses.

https://www.quora.com/Why-isnt-Esmeralda-from-The-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-considered-one-of-the-Disney-princesses

Ah but you see, Disney Princesses, are a franchise. Thhe marketers look at it with this logic:

People are willing to pay the same price for just Anna and Elsa as they are to pay for all the Disney Princesses. Therefore, if we put them in that category, we will make way less money.

But marketing does not matter in this case. The point is, Esmerelda, Anna, and Elsa more or less filled all the requirments that makes them eligible to be a disney princess and that’s that.

But remember that Disney is in it for the money. If they can make more money if they sell Frozen characters as their own franchise, then they will do it. I believe that’s what’s happening here.

1 Like

And Princess Leia

The princess in question has to be from a fully animated movie.

1 Like

I know lol

Sorry, but you are mistaken.

Anna and Elsa made too much money at the Box Office.

Box Office success IS a requirement. more or less is accurate, however theh do More.

As to Esmeralda, I have only seen Hunchback of Notre Dame one time, so forgive me for not having great knowledge of her, but is she royalty?? :thinking:

Niether royalty nor box office hit. Yet as I remember, she used to be in the list, but removed in
2005, I guess, or something.

Hm, well idk about you, but I have a feeling that of they removed someone from the list, odds arethey will not add them back. :thinking: :grin:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney