The Queen of Hearts - Off With Their Head! Issues

I love this instant KO move very much! Especially when it takes out the Brutes - those Fantastic damage enemies can be so annoying to deal with.

This is a great move overall, except…

There’s two problems I’ve seen with it over the course of using The Queen in my party:

1. When battling against the Thief enemy in the Story Campaign (not Heist!) it activates, but the Thief enemy remains on the battlefield. It activates on other enemies you usually see in Invasion like the Helicopter Bots and Dinosaur Bots, so I don’t understand why the Thief is seemingly immune to Off With Their Head! I guess it could be because she regenerates her HP, though by that logic, Ralph should also be immune to Off With Their Head!, of which he is not.

2. This is usually whenever I’m going against Violet or Baymax - whenever Off With Their Head! activates on an enemy with very low HP who also has a Shield, nothing happens. They don’t get KOed. Um… what?

I don’t have a solution for the Thief problem (apart from maybe changing her attributes?), but as for the Shield problem, Off With Their Head! could either just KO them altogether, ignoring the Shield since it is True Damage, or just cancel out the Shield.

I’m not asking for a major overhaul of this skill, I would just like these two issues to be addressed.

Let me know if any of you who use The Queen of Hearts regularly have also faced these issues

1 Like

The check the game performs happens on the first frame that the basic attack animation starts. If enemy HP<Off with Their Head xx =TRUE, it starts the extra stuff and starts the countdown for when the skill refreshes. If the enemy heals out of that range, becomes invincible, or gains Shield during the frames between, that’s when it just does nothing. (It’s a little different than this, but this way is easier to explain)

Correct me is anyone knows more, but that is my understanding. (I do wish True Damage would bypass Shields, but that may cause issues with Stitch)

1 Like

Ohhh, that definitely makes a lot of sense. Well, at least now I know why Off With Their Head! fails on those two instances.

Thank you for clearing up my question :grin:

The thief would need a serious nerf in campaigns indeed… she:

• self heal to insanity;

• takes almost 0% of the total damage dealt on (like about 500 from heroes who usually do about 50k per hit);

• stuns for long time and very often;

•avoids half of the hits with her jump’s long animation;

•ignores armor and reality;

•and basically ignores disables too, thanks to her ludicrous amount of tenacity.

I can’t even terminate her with Maui, who should use his shark bite only when he can K.O. the target, but only removes about ~25% of the thief’s health. I’ve come to a point that Jack Sparrow, Merida, Bogo and even Shank are nothing, compared to the annoyance the thief gives me in campaigns.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney