The Soul Of Life - Joe Gardner Concept

What do YOU want to be remembered for?

Summary

Well, it’s a question for all of you but for me, just being a good person and doing good things.

And also, this concept

Welcome to my concept for one of the most recent protagonists of a modern Disney film. Joe Gardner from Pixar’s Soul! Soul was such a great film and Joe is such a amazing, relatable character that I feel we can all identify with. So without further ado, let’s get into his kit!

Joe Gardner

Description: Joe embraces his passion to play his music to help his allies and find their passions and Souls to stop Creeps

Quote: “Life is full of possibilities. You just need to know where to look”

Stars: :star:

Role: Support

Trial Team: Blue

Position: Back

Animations

Entrance: Joe walks in with his piano (think Linguini and Animal)
Victory: Joe cracks his knuckles
Defeat: Joe walks away from his piano

Skills

White Skill: Music Is My Life
IMG_20210104_133225
Passive: Instead of a basic attack, Joe will play on his piano and apply 1 stack of Soul to himself and his allies every 2 seconds. Joe and his allies can only have 20 stacks of Soul
Soul gives allies +X% Reality and Tenacity per stack

Active: Joe loses himself in the music and becomes Invincible for 5 seconds and heals himself for X HP. The Invincibility lasts 1 second longer per stack of Soul (max 10)

Green Skill: Soul
IMG_20210104_134844
When Joe reaches 10 of stacks of Soul, Joe’s entire team become Souls.

The Souls deal X% more damage and have X% increased Tenacity. The Souls can only use basic attacks and ignore all enemy defense

The ignoring enemy defense has a chance to fail against enemies above Level X

Blue Skill: Feel The Music
IMG_20210104_140229
Joe plays passionately on his piano, Charming the closest enemies near him for 8 seconds and Sapping the farthest enemies for 5 seconds.

The Sap has a chance to fail against enemies above Level X but it lasts one second longer per stack of Soul Joe has (max 10)

Purple Skill: Everyone Has A Soul
IMG_20210104_141542
After being a Soul and returning to his normal self, Joe gains +X% Reality (This can stack up to 5 times) for the rest of the wave.

He also gives this amount of Reality to his allies with Music Is My Life if he has 10 stacks of Soul. He also heals allies for 10% of the HP he heals himself with in Music Is My Life.
The Heal has a chance to fail if the allies are above Level X.

Red Skill: Follow Dreams
IMG_20210104_155943
Allies gain 50 energy when they get debuffed and gain +10% Basic Damage (which can stack up to 5 times)

Whenever a ally stuns a enemy, Joe gains a Y Shield equal to his Max HP for 5 seconds and grants it to the rest to the team if Joe has more than 5 stacks of Soul.

The team Shield has a chance to fail if the allies are above Level X.

Additional Stat Boosts:
+X% Evasion
+Y% Reality
+Z Heal from Music Is My Life

Friendships

Joe/Linguini

Campaign: “Great Artists”
Description: Joe and Linguini use their respective passions to outsmart Creeps by letting them feel the beauty of food and music
Allies: Quorra, Beast, Colette
Disk: “Passions Of Life”

Disk Power:

Every Soul also gives 1 stack of Hardy

• Whenever a stack of Soul is applied, Hardy is also gained with it’s effects doubled
  • Y Armor
  • X Shield effect on “Follow Dreams” per star

Joe/Miguel Rivera

Campaign: “Music Heals The Soul”
Description: Joe and Miguel learn that their playing music has both given them meaning to their lives through their soul and family
Allies: Animal, Woody, Mickey Mouse
Disk: “The Song Of Life”

Disk Power:

Ally heals Stun closest enemy

• When a ally heals or when Joe heals, the closest enemy is Stunned for 5 seconds, this can only happen once every 10 seconds.
  • X Skill Power per star
14 Likes

Does this mean they turn into a version of themselves as a soul or a average child soul?

2 Likes

This is what it would be.

To be fair, though, I couldn’t see this happening because you would have to code every single character in game to do that. But still, i think it could be cool. It would be easier if they were just a average child Soul like you said though

2 Likes

What would you guys rate my Joe concept? Also feel free to comment your thoughts. Thanks

• :star::star::star::star::star:: Great
  • :star::star::star::star:: Good
  • :star::star::star:: Okay
  • :star::star:: Decent
  • :star:: Needs Improvement

0 voters

I like so much this Concept

Thank you, but don’t necropost. Liking a post is fine, but commenting is unnecessary for a concept over two weeks later. But still, thanks

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney