Things You Wish You Knew As A Beginner

Like the title says. What is some wisdom you’d like to impart on newer players? I went looking myself but there aren’t any specific threads geared towards helping others figure out the metagame and mechanics beyond the limited information of the tutorial style help messages.

I’m new myself and what I wish I’d known right off the bat was the difference between servers and how the newer servers run older versions of the game and gradually follow the same release schedule. I didn’t like it at first until I learned it’s done to make sure newer players aren’t overwhelmed with the level gap between them and veteran players.

Idk I feel like maybe people would be more understanding and less frustrated about why their server isn’t getting the new hero yet if we could compile an informal beginner’s guide. I apologize if it’s been done before but I felt like the only threads that covered this applied only to specific questions.

So please share advice or tips if you have any! Let’s help each other out. If you have any questions, ask and hopefully you’ll get the answer you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I would save my free 24 hour VIP5 ticket

1 Like

SAME
I wasted it when I was a complete newbie and didn’t have any use for it. I knew nothing. I just threw it away like a fool.

1 Like

I didn’t even get that even I first started on server 8. the VIP thing I mean

DONT GET FRIEND DISKS YOU DONT NEED

This is the one I can emphasize most. It floods the market with junk and reduces your chances of actually finding something useful in the memory market.

2 Likes

Agree on the memory friendship token. And yes to choice of server. Older servers have a huge power gap between newbies and veteran players unless you spend A LOT of real money playing catch up and even then you are only somewhere in the middle of the pack and only somewhat competitive. Don’t think that’s what anyone would want especially if they spent quite a bit of money in the game. So yes, newer server for new players is the way to go.

If you are a complete beginner, the first basic thing you need to know is which toons you want to focus on. I threw away a lot of hard earned resources at the beginning, spending them haphazardly on every single toon I unlock and end up with a bunch of weak toons that I don’t even use later on. If you are willing to spend some money, buy some crates deals and unlock the necessary toons and start building from there.

A good way to gauge usability of toons is by looking at players’ coli and arena rankings. The best players in your server normally use toons that follow a current meta. Check the toons that pops up the most and concentrate your resources building those. Of course sometimes there are toons you just personally love and that’s completely understandable to want to power them up too even if they don’t really have a place in your core team (like my little Stitch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Focus on 15 toons then gradually to 25-30 toons if you are into wars and such.

Second is doing due dilligence on disks. Man there’s a lot of disks out there and its so confusing which to choose sometimes. Do some research, look at rankings, see what your top players use. Of course you can choose whatever suit your play style but in general and based on personal experience and to keep this post as short as possible, looking at rankings is best until you build a good knowledge of the game yourself.

I think those two are the biggest & most basic things for beginners in my opinion. I’m still paying for my mistakes now (messed up memory shop with wrong, unused toons’ disks) and wish I had asked around when I first started playing DH.

3 Likes

Oops way longer post than I thought. Sorry :zipper_mouth_face:

i wished i didn’t waste my time on yax’s disks and that i could have gotten to lvl 80 in a short time.

Don’t apologize at all! The more the merrier and thanks for your excellent contribution.

Farming of badge bits is crucial to long term game play. Just know many of the lower level badges are needed in creating higher level badges.
Peaches / Wagon / Noir Spiders / Fox Mace just to name a few.
Work with what stamina that the game gives free and join an active guild and get those free perks with your fellow guild members.
Lastly, if you have a hero that you currently enjoy using and can farm their chips, farm those for your daily bonus. You might as well get something out of it.
Have fun and just do what you can. Good luck

1 Like

Also just know you don’t need to be p2p to be good!

2 Likes

How deals stack.

eg. If there’s a $10 deal and $5 deal at the same time and you buy the $10 deal you get the $5 deal too. If the $5 deal has two in stock you get the $5 deal twice when you buy the $10 deal!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney