Valentine's Weekend Contest

Everyone has already mentioned what I came here to say. Basically, this contest bites. City watch is too hard for me, even on easy. Personally city watch is just BS.

5 Likes

Yeah, the initial is the biggest, after that I get 242 points per, which means I need to collect 3300 friend xp, you think that’s easy in 4 days?

1 Like

Its just a contest. I skipped may because i couldnt do them. No loss really

This topic offered feedback about poor character selection and game mode selection. Your self righteous point of view and lack of understanding contributes nothing to this topic or the game.

2 Likes

I spend like £10 a month at most. It’s really not as bad as you think. Just spam friendship missions and you should finish fine.

See that’s just uncalled for. At no point did I personally insult anyone. All I did was be the one person slightly willing to cut PB a break. I guess that’s not tolerated on these forums.

And yet you are name calling and being careless about my feelings just because my opinion isn’t fully against PB. A tad hypocritical no?

As much as I don’t like the city watch and surge aspect of the contest, I will admit the friendship missions really did help too.

I just did friendship missions 15 missions each at lvl 5 scored me about 66’000 points every ten hours.

I found it over fairly easy, but can see where people are coming from. Perhaps a tiny bit simpler way might have helped, like clearing infections.

Just generally disappointed with this contest. City watch and Surge have been miserable with Randalls and Beasts in almost every zone. Toss in forced p2w toons that most players dont have leveled up, even at Red levels, Randalls just magically 1 hit an entire team like it’s nothing. It doesnt even feel worth powering up toons anymore since some toons are simply breaking the game. Another sad contest. Meh. Do better PB.

1 Like

I really do see both sides of this. I will say that I spent a lot of time as a free to play player. I didn’t start spending money till recently and I’ve been on it much longer. I would say Randall does take out a lot of teams but that’s more reason for you to invest in your own Randall. If you can’t beat em, join em. And I will say that PB has more reason to cater to p2p players. But there should be some sort of gameplay options that keep the f2p players entertained. That being said, @Benny_Boi_VIII is speaking some truth here. Maybe instead of dismissing everything they have to say, then we could learn some stuff from each other.

1 Like

Well that’s the point. We’re giving them money because they promise us perks for watching those videos. Now stop defending them, because they’re clearly trying to force us to spend.

idk what all the arguing is about, but the main goal should surely be contest participation - people who don’t play, don’t spend :man_shrugging:

This is the first contest in quite a while where it’s going to be possible to win the 10% prize without having reached 1m points - that’s a pretty good indicator that the hero selection was poor.

2 Likes

It really is. For the first time I almost ended up in the top 5%

1 Like

Honestly it’s pretty childish how little people listen to those with other opinions

To be honest I think Perblue should stop all together with the ‘‘Use x heroes for points’’ contests. In the beginning it was manageable because the heroes pool was smaller, so there was a higher chance everyone had the required heroes to participate. But since we’ve been swamped with new heroes the last year and rapid cap increases, it became impossible to maintain more than 20 heroes without paying small mansion rent a month to keep up.

Especially since every new hero is more overpowered than the last one, meaning even if you have a maxed out team, you could still lose from a single new hero who is way to overpowered.

2 Likes

Well, people will whine about anything that’s slightly challenging won’t they? I also only had 3/6 heroes available, and out of them only Megavolt is actually good enough to run in CW and surge reliably. So I just ran CW easy the whole time and for surge just used my usual heroes to pick off the easier areas until the contest heroes could safely finish it off. Sometimes I got lucky and got to hire the mercs that I don’t have. Also friend exp from missions counted for a whole lot too. I didn’t pay anything during this contest and still finished all tiers. Just took some strategic planning with the friend missions and campaigns. They did give us a day’s notice to do that.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney