"W-I-C-K-E-D!" Mal Unlikely Concept

Happy Villaintine’s Day, everyone!! As promised when I posted my Evie concept, here is my Mal concept!

Mal
Source: Descendants
Mal (D1)
Description: Maleficent’s daughter, capable of wielding powerful magic thanks to her spellbook.

Quote: “This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents. To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel.”

Role: Damage

Position: Mid

Stars: :star: :star:

Trial Team: Blue

Animations
Entrance: Mal walks onto the battlefield, spellbook in hand.

Victory: Mal closes her spellbook, crosses her arms, and smiles.

Defeat: Mal closes her spellbook, puts her hands on her hips, and glares at the enemy.

Basic attack: Mal casts magic at the enemy.

Skills
White - Evil Like Me (Fantastic Damage)
Mal transforms into a dragon, dealing X damage to the nearest enemies, cursing them for 8 seconds, and Hexing them for 6 seconds.

Green - Love Spell
Mal casts a love spell on the closest enemy, charming them for 10 seconds. While charmed, the enemy’s attack speed is increased by 100%. The charm has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.

Blue - Beware, Forswear (Fantastic Damage)
Mal casts a spell on the enemy with the most HP, dealing X damage per second and stunning them for 6 seconds.

Purple - Ways to be Wicked (Normal Damage)
Whenever an enemy is debuffed, they take X damage per second for the duration of the debuff.

Red - Long Live Evil
Mal is immune to all curses and saps. Whenever Mal dodges a curse or a sap, she heals for X HP and reflects the curse or sap back at the enemy who attempted to apply it to her.
Mal deals 75% more damage to disabled enemies with her skills. This has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.
+X Basic Damage
+X Skill Power
+X Reality

Friendships
Mal/Mushu
Campaign: “Dragon Descendants” - Mal and Mushu discuss their abilities as dragons and the idea of honoring your family. (Allies: Mulan, Jasmine, Maleficent)

Disk: “Scaly Spellbook” - Gain Energy During “Love Spell”
+X Skill Power
The enemy charmed by “Love Spell” gains X Basic Damage for the duration of the Charm.
Whenever the enemy charmed by “Love Spell” damages an enemy, Mal gains 12 Energy (+12 Energy per star).

Mal/Ian Lightfoot
Campaign: “Magic & Morality” - Mal and Ian discuss using magic for evil vs. using it for good. (Allies: Hades, Rapunzel, Magica de Spell)

Disk: “Enigmatic Ember” - “Evil Like Me” Lowers Reality
+X Max HP to Mal and allies
Control and Damage role allies gain X Skill Power.
Enemies damaged by “Evil Like Me” have their Reality decreased by 10% (+10% per star) for 6 seconds.

Alternate Costume: Descendants 3
Mal (D3)

Notes:

• “Evil Like Me” and “Ways to be Wicked” are both titles of Descendants songs. “Evil Like Me” is actually sung by Maleficent in the movie, but it is used here since Mal’s White Skill is very similar to Maleficent’s.
  • “Love Spell” is meant to mimic one Mal used on Ben in the original Descendants (hence the charm).
  • “Beware, Forswear” is part of a spell Mal uses in the original Descendants that can change one’s physical appearance.
  • Credit to @Rinoxer0nte for the idea to do a Mal/Mushu campaign and to @Lucky-Oswald for the idea for the Mal/Ian campaign.
  • Like with Evie, I chose Mal’s Descendants 3 outfit as an alternate costume since it stands out more compared to her original design.

Enjoy!

17 Likes

Awesome concept! And I’m also a descendants fan

2 Likes

I love it all sorts of fun mechanics! Though while I was reading I did have a question… Why isn’t Maleficent one of her friendships? They are mother and daughter…
But I can’t wait for Jay’s, Carlos’s and maybe Ben’s concepts!

I initially considered that, but then I decided do more creative choices for the campaigns.

Oh ok that makes sense.

I just read this and I want to say one thing: although I certainly want to make concepts for Jay, Carlos, and maybe Ben eventually, don’t expect them anytime soon because I haven’t started working on them yet.

Have you seen Descendants?

Yes. All 3 movies.

I’m sorry about last time Myeong

Descendants characters would be such a breath of fresh air into this game. I really hope that the “unlikely” becomes the “likely” on this one. Probably moreso than any other “unlikely” concepts. This would also pave the way to a whole different type of character.

1 Like

Mal Refresh!

I designed Mal to be able to debuff enemies and punish them in such a state with high damage. This refresh is meant to improve on said play style with longer debuffs and more damage.

Evil Like Me

• Increased duration of the Curse from 8 to 9 seconds.
  • This skill now Hexes enemies instead of sapping them.
  • Increased duration of the now-Hex from 5 to 6 seconds.

Love Spell

• Increased duration of the Charm from 9 to 10 seconds.
  • Increased attack speed boost during the Charm from 50% to 100%.

Ways to be Wicked

• Instead of taking damage over 5 seconds, debuffed enemies take damage per second for the duration of the debuff.

Long Live Evil

• Whenever Mal dodges a curse or a sap, she now heals herself and reflects the curse or sap back at the enemy who originally dealt it.
  • Increased bonus damage to disabled enemies from 40% to 75%.
  • The bonus damage now applies to all of Mal’s skills instead of just “Evil Like Me”.

Mushu Disk

• Changed Armor buff to a Skill Power buff.
  • The enemy charmed by Love Spell now gains Basic Damage while charmed.
  • Increased Energy gain per star from 10 to 12 (for a max of 60 Energy instead of 50).

Ian Lightfoot Disk

• The Max HP boost now also applies to Mal’s allies as well as herself.
  • The Skill Power boost is now also given to Damage role allies as well as Control role allies.
  • New Effect: This disk now lowers the Reality of enemies damaged by “Evil Like Me” for a period of time.
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney