War, Challenger Arena and Challenger Coliseum Defense

I would like to suggest that we received a Mail everytime an enemy attacks:

• our own War defense (not the whole guild’s, just each time our own lines get attacked)
  • our Challenger Arena defense
  • our Challenger Coliseum defense

Ideally, the Mail would inform us:

• the opponents’ name
  • the opponents’ heroes used and their badges, mods, skill levels, etc
  • the result of our defense, whether a defeat or a successful defense
  • the stats (damage dealt, damage taken, etc) of the defense

Note: in the past, before I reached Challenger in both Arena and Coliseum, I believe the game do send us every defense results in Platinum level and below, however after numerous of game updates, I do not know whether this is still the case right now

Why?

• this would give the players feedbacks on how well their defensive lines work against various attacks
  • more feedback means more changes to the defense line, hence more variety of lines and obviously a more competitive War, Arena and Coliseum
  • more awareness to guild members that updating or improving War defense is important (no one likes to see their own line get beaten easily every war)

Honestly, I don’t feel like updating my defense line very often as I believe they’re quite good, but without any feedback or defense results, there is no way to know how the defense does against various opponents.

Another problem is with War defense; War has been quite stale and most of my Guild members do not bother to regularly update their war defense, including me, as I previously never checked the Defense information during the war. Lately, I’ve been checking every War’s Defense information, scrolling to find whether the opponents attacked my line, and see how well it worked, and honestly, it’s a lot of work. A mail would’ve been nice.

As this feature was (or is still) available for Arena and Coliseum for the tiers below Challengers, I believe this is not much to ask for the dev to add it for the Challengers tier and possibly for the War. A simple suggestion that would increase the competitiveness of these three game modes. Thanks.

14 Likes

I don’t think this would be good for Challengers, part of the challenge of it is coming up with interesting attack teams to maximise points - if you can see what teams every other player is using, that sort of spoils it.

I do think we should get a mail for successful defences though, maybe just with a few tokens in like before.

For war a defence mail seems like a good idea but it probably doesn’t need all the information in it - we already have most of that in the war logs, so just a button to go there with the player’s defending logs isolated would probably be fine. We can’t see damage stats etc. but we can at least see the heroes used & outcomes.

2 Likes

Thanks for your opinions.

At this rate, I would take a successful defense mail just to see how my defense works in Arena/Coliseum, better than not knowing at all.

1 Like

As soon as it somehow shows how your defense is running, the whole system stops working.
It would then have exactly the opposite effect. Everyone gets shared what the best attack line is.
This would simply put someone who thinks about it at a disadvantage.
If you implement it the way you say, the best time to attack would be when the week is almost over.Because then you don’t give anything away.
I think that’s not the point of a week.
With the guild war, on the other hand, this “could” be a good idea.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney