War Matchmaking System Problems

Hey everyone. I hail from Server 14 and have kept my mouth shut for a very long time but today I have reached my breaking point. The war matchmaking system is making this game almost intolerable to guilds that are not at the very top. I am part of the #3 ranked guild in the server and we are absolutely struggling to get into legendary. The #2 guild is over 3 million power ahead of us and the #1 is 1 million above the. Currently how our wars go are as follows:

#1/#5/#2/#4/#1/#6/#2/#5/repeat.

If my math is correct there are 15 wars each season. With the current format we are losing against #1&2 by a considerable margin each time. Also with current format we will fight them in 7 out of our 15 wars this season. This allows us only 8 possible wars to win and puts us in legendary at the very end of the month, assuming we have no misteps.

@Polaris I actually think that the MMR system and fighting people close to your MMR can work however I believe that the amount of time between fighting the same guild should be increased. Instead of fighting them once every 4 wars, I think once every 5 or 6 would make things much better and would improve QOL for those who are experiencing this problem as well.

6 Likes

Server 14 here, #7 guild on the server, and in 50% times we face those six.

2 Likes

I agree with everything stated here and will direct you to the post we started a few weeks ago with the same issues.

2 Likes

Yea, the guild war matchmaking is so broken right now. We have faced the top 1-3 guilds six times this month. We have guild #2 again now, who is already in legendary but we are in gold facing them. Why @Polaris?

4 Likes

I completely agree with what is being said here.

4 Likes

I opened a ticket on this 1 war back, legendary will not happen if we only fight top 3 guilds 3 out of 4 wars, where much lower tier guilds have made it with no problems, the pairing system is completely broken

4 Likes

Over one year later, now.
Still same Problems.
I am in #10 guild.
This Month we face #1 (two Times),
#2 (two Times), and also every other guild, that is above us ( and therefore unbeatable).
There was one Match against #12 and one Match against #14, that we won.
We cant get legendary anymore.
A Lot of Low powerd inactive guilds was legendary Long ago.
That is very sad and annoying.

2 Likes

do not revive old topics!!

They added to the post.
So it is fine.

1 Like

Yep, and it does remain an issue - guilds ranked 6-12 are basically screwed because the top 5 will almost never be matched against anybody else, so those ranks have an unbalanced number of wars against guilds ranked above them.

5 Likes

Our guild is ranked 8th on total power on our server.
Looking at all the match-ups that are available in the history, at the time of the matching, we were fighting a guild an average of 99.5 points above us on MRR. Looking at it from a higher/lower perspective, 4 matches have been against teams with lower MMR, and 17 have been against teams with higher MMR. In one case, the team we were fighting had a rating 440 points higher than us.
This month, we have been able to win exactly 3 matches, getting us to Silver, and with today’s match-up being against the third ranked team with an MMR 278 points above us, that guarantees that we won’t hit legendary this month with the assumed loss.
Additionally, this team we last fought 24 days ago. We’ve had a couple others come up this month that were only 20 days ago. Meanwhile there are other teams with similar matchmaking records that would be a fair fight that we haven’t fought in the 40 days of history that are available in game.

3 Likes

I don’t think I kept the numbers, but pre-merger when our guild was ranked between 9th and 11th on the server, I looked at our past opponents a couple of times and came up with similar results: over 80% of matches being against guilds with higher MMR, generally much higher, and the few times we faced guilds with a lower MMR, it was typically lower by 10-20 points. One month, when we were ranked 10th in total power, we had two matches against teams of lower total power, four against teams ranked 6th through 9th, and nine matches against the top five guilds.

I don’t see how anyone can look at numbers like that and argue MMR isn’t broken for guilds ranked between 6rh and 12th, at a minimum.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney