What were you thinking with this guild contest?

You broadly announced contest would not be about hoarding anymore. And that missions from before contest start would not contribute. Yet here we are with what is very much a hoarding competition AND friendship missions started last night, and collected right now, actually scored points.

I know it’s your game and you can do what you want, but it would be nice if we can at least trust what you say.

3 Likes

The changes we made to contest scoring were strictly about resources earned or spent.

Completing missions is not part of the changes we made. Only resources spent or gained.

From the original thread, here’s all the changes to contests scoring we made.

• Items and resources collected from the mailbox will no longer count towards Contest gain resources tasks if the message was sent before the contest began .
  • Items and resources spent to start Missions will no longer count towards Contest tasks if the mission was started before the contest began . The mission must be both started and collected during the contest to earn points.
  • Gold spent on Guild Skill Help requests will no longer count towards Contest tasks if the help request was sent before the contest began . The help request must be both sent and completed during the contest to earn points.

So it’s working as intended, with rewards from missions started last night, finished before contest started, but collected in the first minute? That counts? Cool, that’s not how I imagined it.

Think what @letitsnow saying is the way one would read this, in my opinion at least, if one uses resources to start a friend mission (one under missions not campaign area) before the contest based on quote above, it shouldn’t count for contest, but the way you saying now it sounds like it does and working as intended. I got to agree with @letitsnow here because it’s a bit confusing/contradicting.

4 Likes

I have to agree

Sorry about the confusion. Earning Memory Bits is gaining items, so any missions started before the contest should not earn points. I’ve asked the team to investigate why this isn’t working correctly.

2 Likes

And what about the friend xp and disk power?

It’s all rewards from missions. The team said that when they originally designed this, it was focused on just the items and resources required to start the mission, so they’re looking into limiting points for the rewards also.

2 Likes

On top of those issues, what about the fact that we have had similar rewards for the last several weeks! Louie, mushu chips etc,… no variety, no incentive. Just boring mush. I do not understand… I am really trying to be supportive, but I just keep feeling like nothing is happening. You have to give us something to make our investment into your game worth it! And you have us all hoping that it works out. I really want to be in it for the long haul…

Basil is the new “event exclusive” hero, so I’m sure he’ll be replacing Mushu as the contest prize.

In general, though, contest prizes haven’t been very imaginative for a while. But I’m happy with the smattering of badges we got this weekend, at least.

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Even tough I wish the rewards were better. Maybe more gold. Or just better rewards in general. The last 2 week have not been so bad in terms of rewards.

1 Like

Its a decent contest all in all, easy enough to get the bits which provide enough points.

Only problem is the rewards, they need to keep in line with constant ranks and level increase though, otherwise we hoarding useless badges for heroes we won’t level.

My issue is not so much with the contest in and of itself, but with PerBlues previous statements and tweaks to contests. The changes being: Less to no reward for hoarding and no way to kickstart your points with sitting items beforehand.

This contest fully rewards hoarding. Saving up friend stamina potions, mission speed ups, disk power, and memory tokens means a huge advantage that you can’t overcome by simply running more and smarter missions.

Of course you can’t completely get past hoarding behaviors. Hoarding gold, stamina, and diamonds will always be beneficial in some contests.

I’m not complaining because I feel I have been cheated. Quite the opposite. I’m a hoarder and had loads and loads of the items needed to win this contest. And we are. I just don’t think it’s cool to say one thing and then do another.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney