Who Was The Strongest Hero of 2019?

Merlin…
This game was Squirrel Heroes at that time

You need to meet Randall.
He’s broken and nothing has changed to balance the game.

5 Likes

I think Randall being the strongest hero has recency bias. Out of everyone on the list, I think Olaf impacted the game the most. He defined and dominated the tank meta for the longest time.

They are all strong heroes, especially the newer ones. But Olaf was on a league of his own when he was released.

4 Likes

Goofy was definitely one of the best tanks of the year

I love this discussion! Every single one of you has made a great point!

I really wish I wrote this while setting up the poll, but here’s a short “description“ of what each character did to the Meta during his/her time at the top.

• Olaf (Freeze Meta)
  • Darkwing Duck (Assassination of the Backline)
  • Gaston (Death by Sex Appeal)
  • Alice (Immortal Giant)
  • Hercules (Invincible Tank Armies)
  • Megara (Best Partner Meta)
  • Merlin (Squirrel Heroes: Battle Mode)
  • Goofy (Speed + Endurance = Cardio)
  • Duke Caboom (Motorcycle of Death)
  • Bo Peep (Staff of Doom)
  • Ducky & Bunny (Death by Lasers)
  • Anger (Volcanic Eruption)
  • Joy (The Return of Healers)
  • The Beast (Undying Aggression)
  • Timon & Pumbaa (No More Merlin Movement)
  • Peter Pan (The Boy that Never Got Hit)
  • Jafar (Insta-Kill Sandstorm)
  • Miss Piggy (Unstoppable Force/Immovable Object)
  • Captain Hook (Sapped Energy Meta)
  • Randall Boggs (OP and Untouchable)
8 Likes

I am choosing Randall. Having been introduced in October, Randall is still in the meta. People have been using him ever since they discovered his potential. Most (if not, all) of the top 200 players have been using Randall in order to stay at the top. Facing him in campaigns is h**l. He will defeat your team in seconds. And there is still no definite counter for Randall, except Magica (Me); but according to some experienced players I know, not even she helps that much. To this day, people are still complaining about Randall’s power. And PB has only reduced his power by less than 10% from when he was first introduced

I didn’t choose other heroes because there reign in the meta haven’t lasted as long as Randall’s, except Captain Hook’s. They’re reign is still ongoing.

Yes, Olaf was the king of the freeze meta. Freezing enemies along with his pal, Elsa. That as almost the only reason why people played with him.

Also, Olaf was introduced in 2018

3 Likes

While it’s true that Olaf was in the Patch notes of December 2018, he was not available until January 2019 as the year’s first sign-in hero. For that reason, he’s in the Poll.

1 Like

:laughing: I laughed way too hard at this.

6 Likes

Randall. And with red skill equipped, Magicas friendship disc is useless. Always has been.

“Here in town theres only she, who is as beautiful as me.” :muscle:

Adding on the Olaf bit, he was also popular because he was a soft counter to Jack Sparrow who was on everyone’s team at the time. Then with Elsa came the freeze meta. It could be a different experience from server to server, but in my server Olaf was the only tank that was reliable against Sparrow.

I really don’t understand what type of “glass cannon” this is, when he was the only one alive after 3 seconds and survived 5 heroes long enough to kill all of them; not only that, he’s 5 levels lower and not even promoted as high as them.

It’s ridiculous no matter house you slice the pie; I don’t know why perblue ignores it.

3 Likes

I had to choose Merlin, he was the one character that decided the battle in a matter of seconds, excluding Jafar who just had OP skills, Merlin had to be brought down with an entire new hero! Not just a disk (Magica) but a hero.

Just my pick…

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised that nobody is voting for Miss Piggy. Then again I voted for Merlin anyways. He was unstoppable for over two months, and even after Timon & Pumbaa were released, Merlin was still relevant because him not transforming everything into squirrels anymore means he was instead chucking around books that one-shot most things.

2 Likes

My vote for Jafar. Even Randall was counterable, and he is nowadays. Jafar made people lose any hope to survive, even slowing him down with Yax/Baymax just gave a second to live.

1 Like

D and B used to do that too…

1 Like

There is nothing as OP as Randall. Period.

As much as Ik that Randall is very OP, I’m surprised that Peter Pan got this few votes, even less than Olaf.

I think a most of people vote to the hero that is OP NOW, but they should vote to the hero that was the biggest OP in time when he was added

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney