Why do people keep including Star counts in their concepts?

Every new hero is :star: . It’s been that way for over a year now. And it’s never going to change now that PerBlue has realized that it’s an easy way to make more money and starve us for chips.

Making :star: :star: or :star: :star: :star: concepts is pointless. They will only ever be :star: .

2 Likes

The same reason people make unlikely concepts :man_shrugging:
It is just a concept of an ideal version of the character.

13 Likes

Just because PB may not be adding 2 or 3 star characters anymore doesn’t mean we can’t still make our concepts 2 or 3 stars. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Seeing more of these kinds of comments about concepts is kinda making me not wanting to do one :expressionless:

1 Like

Are Kim and Bunsen a joke to you? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

And how many other characters were introduced in that same time period? 40+? 50+?

Exceptions that prove the rule, and nothing more.

Just barely less than 20

1 Like

Only 20 in an entire year? That doesn’t sound right…

:man_facepalming:

It hasn’t even been a year :expressionless:

1 Like

My point was, in the past 365 days, there have been over 50+ hero releases, and only 2 of them weren’t :star: . And those two were released quite a while ago.

Well our point is,

And please, stop being picky. You may not like what we include in our concepts or who we do concepts on, but you’re gonna have to deal with it. Just like with how unnecessarily-complex some of your animations are for your concepts :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Or maybe you need to not say what you are thinking. If you’re not careful some people who want to make a concept might not want to. I want to release my first concept soon but with these kinds of comments I’m changing my mind. And honestly I think you are trying to ruin people’s fun with them.

You can still make your concepts just fine. In fact, you’re saving yourself a little bit of work by not wasting time with a star rating.

A concept is suppose to be what they look like in the game, it’s somewhat important to include star rating. You’ll want it to be close as possible to the real game. Likely or Unlikely.

1 Like

You could have also saved yourself from backlash if you weren’t so picky

4 Likes

I’m not really bothered by backlash on an internet forum. It literally doesn’t affect me. It’s not going to change my life or my mood in any way.

What DOES bother me is seeing good and realistic concepts bearing an unrealistic star rating that rankles my need for things to be consistent and right. This also doesn’t really affect my life, but it sure as h e c c affects my mood. Like walking into someone’s home and immediately seeing that all of their framed pictures are crooked.

Unrealistic star ratings are crooked portraits, and I’m going to chew on my bottom lip with rage until someone straightens them.

What is with all these concept topics coming out of the blue.

2 Likes

It’s just a star rating at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter :grimacing:

4 Likes

Ruler Joy is not complaining about the amount of work, so :man_shrugging:

:joy:

And the animations for your concepts? They take way too long and would be very unrealistic in the game.

7 Likes

They’re not really any more onerous or time-consuming than, say, Colette’s ult or Animal’s ult or Mushu’s blue. Sometimes a quick animation just needs a lot of descrption to convey the action being taken, even if it doesn’t take long. My Sanderson Sisters’ animation blocks are all bricks because there are three simultaneous different things that need to happen in the span of a second.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney