Why Elsa is not a Princess?

1 Like

She is a queen!

4 Likes

The list came from Disney. And Elsa does not belong to the Disney Princess Franchise. Frozen was so successful and they got their own Franchise.

6 Likes

The Official Disney Princesses: Tiana, Mulan, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Ariel, Pocahontas, Merida, Belle, Jasmin, I think Moana and Rapunzel. + I read that Yesss will belong to them in the future

1 Like

What?

(10)

What what?

Why Yesss?

1 Like

Her kingdom is the Internet… I can only repeat what I read.

1 Like

Go to this thread, it explains it

3 Likes

But she only takes care of Buzztube

I can’t argue about this because I didn’t write the article. I just read it.

Even she’s not a princess. But they did this on purpose for the SOTMK card.

2 Likes

:neutral_face:

I don’t think it works like that…

2 Likes

I read a lot of this. Frozen got an own Franchise and so Elsa and Anna don’t need to belong to the Disney Princess Franchise.

1 Like

Official Disney Princesses: Belle, Rapunzel, Ariel, Tiana, Moana, Cinderella, Aurora, Merida, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Mulan, and Snow White. And yes, I’m well aware that Elsa and Anna have a better claim to the “princess” title than three or four of the official princesses; take it up with Disney, they’re calling the shots.

Actually, it works exactly like that. They can make more money by keeping Frozen as a separate line than by folding Elsa and Anna into the Princess line, so they keep them separate.

7 Likes

Sorry that I forgot about Ariel… Esmeralda and Tinker Bell were planned to belong to the Disney Princess Franchise too… :joy::sweat_smile:

Basically the requirements for Disney Princess Collection is as follows:

1. The movie makes a good amount of money, but not too much.
    Frozen made too much
    Hunchback, Black Cauldron, and Atlantis made too little (but their movies/characters also do not fulfill other requirements)
  2. Must be from an animated feature film that was released in theaters.
  3. The Princess must be the female lead in her movie.
  4. The Princess must be human.
  5. The character must be born royal, marry royal, or perform an act of heroism (or a combination of them)

These have all been stated or hinted at by Disney at some point, I could probably find a source if people need to see it.

This makes no sense…

2 Likes

It is a little strange, but you have to remember that Disney is a business. Sometimes they do things that do not make the most sense for profit. Kind of like another business we know…

No, it is just not right. In frozen their are no princess’s. So it is not money that matters.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney