3.6.10 Known Issues

If Pete’s red skill didn’t deal True damage, would you say that his blue skill should cause him to be included in the True Damage Heroes filter?

1 Like

So…what exactly changed with Baloo? I don’t have the before and after pics, but it seems very much the same as it was, besides the disks. Did his character’s stat update not get uploaded or is this simply affecting the values of other things, like his skills?

Pete White skill animation doesn’t seem right

Why does every new exp drink from port start at 0-1???:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: Do you guys realize that if we earn 0 new exp drink, we ould actually earn LESS from previous difficulty???

@Loutre, please fix this. It is no fun to earn LESS exp drink HALF of the time doing port!!! How is this can be called an upgrade??? It should be at least 1, not 0-1!!!

11 Likes

Thanks Yunno for pointing this out, I almost doing Ppppffft difficulty today but it is certainly not gonna benefit me more than doing Cruel difficulty

Allow me to add some numbers to this problem

Fearless difficulty:

• lowest possible XP earned per attack (0-22-12-30): 7,275,000
  • highest possible XP earned per attack (0-25-14-40): 8,325,000

Cruel difficulty:

• lowest possible XP earned per attack (0-23-10-25): 7,462,500
  • highest possible XP earned per attack (0-29-12-35): 9,412,500

Ppppffft. difficulty:

• lowest possible XP earned per attack (0-20-5-5): 6,225,000
  • highest possible XP earned per attack (1-30-15-10): 12,037,500

Unless this is changed, there’s no point in doing Ppppffft difficulty, the possibility of gaining less XP is much higher than gaining more

Is this intended to have the higher level less XP ?

[edit: correcting my calculation, and changing my question]

4 Likes

Ha.
Remember when same issue appeared when we got red drinks, thankfully Polaris passed the feedback quicky and it got changed to guaranteed 1.

Even tho… there’s less purple and orange drinks too, so less gold.

Pppppffft is indeed pppppffft.

But it is.

2 Likes

Ppppffft doesn’t really look like an adjective. If I were in the team, I would change that to either Deadly, or Merciless.

I did. That’s what surprised me. I mean, how could they repeat their mistake over and over again like this? Why can’t they learn? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Hopefully things could change. Especially this ridiculous 0-1

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t mind the possibility of the newer level giving less XP than the old one, but the certainty that the average of Ppppffft. is less than Cruel is very concerning. I hope the team changes it ASAP.

Edit: I think you left out the new yellow drink in your calculations here:

For the red drinks, 30*300,000 is 9,000,000 by itself.

So, yeah, it’s annoying that Ppppffft. could give significantly less XP about half the time, but in the long run it looks like it will give more XP.

Which is why I asked how you’d want it handled if it didn’t. But the fact that you don’t want to address that hypothetical tells me enough anyway, I think. Thanks.

Thanks for the correction, i’ve miscalculated the total in my spreadsheet

Poked the team about this last night and it appears to be fine. On average this difficulty grants ~8% more XP than the previous one.

Why can’t it change into 1 like before when Red exp drink got added into game? The situation is exactly the same and the team changed from 0-1 to a constant 1?

Why is this time different? The gap between 0 and 1 this time is even bigger

2 Likes

When player gets 0 of the new drink it’s much less XP (and gold).
:roll_eyes:

Exactly… just change it to guaranteed 1.
As for now it’s not ‘‘fine’’.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is something the team is willing to reveal, but: can we assume the probabilities are distributed evenly within each range? I.e., do we have a 50/50 chance at getting a Colossal drink, an equal chance of getting 20 or 30 Ultra drinks, etc.?

This is the main issue - the minimum possible amount should not be over 1m XP less than the minimum possible amount of the previous level :man_shrugging: from the level before that, the minimum possible amount had increased, as it reasonably should.

Seeing as we only get 8 lots of the rewards per week, it can take a while for the amount to average out, so it naturally feels worse than what it might be long-term. If you hit two 0’s out of 2 for the day, that’s a lot of XP down without any chance to make it up for another 2 days.

If changing to a guaranteed 1 yellow means that the maximum amount should be decreased to maintain the 8%, then so be it - i think that will feel like a better balance for most players

4 Likes

Since the Colossal drinks can’t be sold, it’s going to be less gold regardless of how many of them we get. :man_shrugging:

If Ppppfft. gave a guaranteed 1 Colossal drink, but lowered the range of the Ultra drinks to 16-26, it would keep the same average payout but would avoid the possibility of giving less XP than the Cruel level. Might be worth considering.

Yeah, happened to me today, in fact. I can accept it, knowing that in the long run the law of averages will even things out, but it’s still kind of annoying.

3 Likes

… purple and orange drinks got decreased for that difficulty level as well.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know how about you guys but I got ZERO yellow drink for my 2 port :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: this is just ridiculous :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: how on earth is this chance???

I hate this update! I don’t even want to call this UPDATE!!! it is just downright disappointing :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

This makes it look like the only thing added in this update was Colossal drinks.

Yes, that’s why it’s going to be less gold. PerBlue has been working on limiting the amount of gold available from the Docks ever since the Ultra XP drinks were introduced there, although they’ve only gotten really serious about reducing the amount over the last few months.

Pardon me, I thought the complaint in this thread was about the likelihood of getting less XP for the new level; I’ll agree that we could use more XP in the game and that an 8% increase in the Docks is too low, but I also suspect it’s a lot less likely we’ll get PerBlue to increase the average amount than it is that we’ll get them to guarantee the new level gives more XP than the previous one.

As mentioned above, I also failed to get any of the Colossal XP drinks on my main account. My secondary account actually did get them on both Dock fights, but since I’ve already got more XP on that account than I can currently use, I’m still annoyed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney