9t% Olaf, sparrow fights

I am so sick of fighting this combination… it feels like 90-95% of fights are against Olaf & Sparrow… it’s so monotonous… it’s so annoying… there are so many wonderful and fun characters that you have… and yet it’s just Olaf and sparrow… over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again…

It’s so bad that people stop playing creep surge… and then eventually are quitting the game… it can’t be too hard to fix this… stop you have nothing to gain by doing this… making things impossible to beat for most people doesn’t make a game fun… it doesn’t make it challenging… it makes stupid…

The game is quickly becoming boring for the top end money spenders… unmanageable (on many levels for the middle players… and just there is just too much disparity between the top end and bottom end players…

1 Like

Olaf - Jack Sparrow Combos seem powerful… why?

• Jack Sparrow has the highest Basic Damage. When maximized, he deals 52,032 Basic Damage when he has activated his Blue Skill

• Olaf is hard to beat because of his constant Dodging and Healing, which are done by his White and Green Skills. This is further amplified by his Blue and Purple Skills, which Revives him and Slows enemies.

Now, as we all know so far in this game: Everything has a Counter, even those who are seemingly unbeatable.

Let’s start with Jack Sparrow first:

1. Use High Armor Tanks - Baymax, Chief Bogo, Hercules, Mr. Incredible, The Queen of Hearts, Ralph, Rex, and Shank. These might not be your typical Tanks, but they can soak up Damage from Jack Sparrow

2. Use High Fantastic Damagers - Jack Sparrow has low Reality, so he is vulnerable to Fantastic Damage. Use Heroes that deal Fantastic Damage like Quorra or Elastigirl

3. Use Crowd Controls / Disables - You can interrupt / delay Jack’s Blue Skill, which is his trump card like Calhoun’s Purple Skill, by using Disables such as:

• Freeze - delays all actions
    • Stun - interrupts all actions
    • Silence - prevents Skills from activating
    • Charm - prevents White Skill from activating
    • Blind - prevents Basic Attacks from landing

Stun and Silence are your best bet in interrupting Jack’s Skills, especially his Blue Skill.

On to Olaf:

1. Use High Normal Damagers - Olaf has lower Armor than his Reality, that makes him vulnerable to Normal Damage. Use Heroes that deal Normal Damage like Jack Sparrow

2. Use Crowd Controls / Disables - You can interrupt / delay Jack’s Blue Skill, which is his trump card like Calhoun’s Purple Skill, by using Disables such as:

• Freeze - delays all actions
    • Stun - interrupts all actions
    • Silence - prevents Skills from activating
    • Charm - prevents White Skill from activating
    • Blind - prevents Basic Attacks from landing

Once again, Stun and Silence are your best bet here.

3 Likes

I think the reason why is only few heroes have received a hero refresh. If many heroes are refreshed, I think Jack will not become an OP. I’m hoping that a refreshed Maui will do some difference on a Jack Sparrow battles.

1 Like

Merlin is about to change your seeing Jack Sparrow all the time :wink:

1 Like

I actually used Jack Sparrow in my arena team before his refresh, now I’m worried people will think I’m using him because he’s “high tier” or some other such nonsense

Let them think that

1 Like

What server are you on? On server 2 in challenger we don’t see that much Olaf and sparrow. Maybe 30% of the teams have Olaf but not nearly that many sparrows

Server 1 Challenger here - We have a bunch of Olaf/DWD, and a few Sparrow/Megara, but not a single Olaf/Sparrow.

As @HeroSSWin has shown you, if you stop and analyze for a few seconds, any defensive team is beatable if you’ve invested in heroes other than your top 5. If you’re not in Challenger yet, everyone in your Arena bracket having similar teams is going to happen not be because it’s the best team, but because it’s a solid team and everyone either isn’t skilled enough or is too lazy to figure out a counter. Also, until you get to Challenger, most people never counter pick on offense, they just lazily use the same offense as their defense and only pay attention to team power instead of team composition. If you’re not in Challenger, use this laziness to your advantage by building up a counter team and then not many people will have the ability to beat you on offense or defense until the meta shifts.

1 Like

If you’re not in the more advanced servers… there aren’t heroes to combat the combination of Olaf, sparrow and now Merida… there are only so many heroes that work to beat this combo… and when you’re trying to get through city watch or surge and every freakin level has this combo of heroes… you can only beat it so many times…

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney