A couple of words about the new hero balancing

Exact same thing as last time. Way overnerfing of armor and reality… and in a few cases even of damage.

I thought it had been established that zero defensive stats wasn’t good balance…

The positive is Quorra can now have better secondary stats I guess since Buzz disk’s stats are ininfluential so the crits alone are way better. Which is very sad.

4 Likes

I do wanna say that, except for their armor and reality, most of the characters do seem in a healthy spot. Just the damage of Davy Jones and Tia Dalma was lowered too much.

Also Daisy’s white skill seems to be broken, in the sense that the damage and the silence don’t happen at all.

2 Likes

Yzma: 100B damage
Davy: 4B damage

Seriously, why bother. It just comes to new cycle of OP heroes.

1 Like

Did you guys notice some of the colors of the numbers on the skills especially for skill power are green they used to either be orange or blue they knew exactly what they were doing

1 Like

The numbers on the skill power and basic damage are green

1 Like

There’s a lot of things baffling me with this round of “balancing” - is there an official stat change posted anywhere?

1 Like

What I wonder is, why did they update the characters’ statistics if they were going to nerf them later?

1 Like

Blue numbers mean the stat scales on skill power. They changed that because Kuzco is capable of getting those buffs really fast. And before the buffs would affect each other (the one from the red skill too), meaning he would still be able to output insane damage after the nerf.

1 Like

You’re right about that I am finding ways for him to be op even with nerf but it’s a bit harder since his stats are not good and Jo to date anymore for now against enemies in arena and I could still increase his skill power with shere Khan for now before his nerf as well

1 Like

I like the change they made to Kuzco and Jack Sparrow’s purple skill, what I don’t like is that his green skill was also changed to scaling with “skill power”, when his entire kit is supposed to be scaled to “basic damage”. And it made sense for him to do orange damage.

1 Like

@TheGrillFather
Like the last two seasons, I will be giving initial feedback on the balancing of this season’s heroes after the update drops. However I’ve been noticing that the last two season’s heroes seem to be doing a bit better than my initial impression, meaning maybe it was an overreaction on my part to expect better disk stats and more damage from some of them. It’s also fine if control heroes do less damage than damage heroes, as that’s not their role and debuffs become more relevant with less absurd damage and less need for crazy defense to deal with it.

The reason I’m making this post is that, even after weeks of testing, there are two characters that I think could use further changes.

One of them is Davy Jones. I’ve considered putting him in the same category as other controls - his damage being less good than damage heroes because it’s not his role - but for him specifically I don’t think it’s fair as he barely has any control aspects in his kit, being supposedly a curse hero but nearly unable to apply curse at all.
I originally thought he just needs a bit more damage, but now I think his 4th patch needs to be changed to Corrupted Dose. It makes it easier for him to trigger debuff-related effects like the armor debilitation patch, and adds the damage from the talent on top of that. And it turns him into an actually reliable curse hero.

The other one is Kim Possible. Statistically she’s fine, I just think this skill:

and this effect:

really need to be changed, as they’ve done literally nothing for her for a long time. She doesn’t need to get extremely powerful effects to replace these, but I don’t think it’s fair she essentially only has 3 and a half skills. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Eda needs her blue skill nerfed. Down to 1B damage. Same for Dante’s purple skill.

This is too much when everyone has 10-20B HP.

3 Likes

I was gonna say, Eda still seems OP lol (that aside, it’s mostly the synergy with Joy making her still have infinite HP and broken white skill damage). But even just the fact more than 2-3 heroes can actually work vs her now feels so much better already

Honestly this is mostly just Joy being the best hero by far now though which… feels so weird to say

As for the others @TheGrillFather I don’t see major balancing problems but Billy is still bugged

2 Likes

But PB nerfing her will ruin her, she always given a lot reality with purple, and now it seems she will give only 100M per stack.

Baloo given 50T Armor/Reality, and now only 500k, it’s pathetic.
PB doesn’t understand armor and reality buffs needs to be high, heroes deal 100B and we have 1B armor/reality max.

2 Likes

Yea even eda shield is still broken I can’t even kill her somehow sometimes even with the best armor and reality she still finds a way to kill a few of my characters I do win them but I mostly don’t or it just is timed

1 Like

Still find a way to lose against eda even with the best armor and reality. Her shield is way too powerful

2 Likes

So far I’ve not had too much issue defeating Eda post nerf with a strong team. She takes a little bit to get through the revive and berserk, but I’m not finding her to be a stone wall.

I’m confused about Bagheera’s rebalanced hp compared to other rebalanced tanks - am I missing something here? Y15 Baloo has more hp than Y22 Bagheera. And Sally somehow still has a massive amount of hp that outpaces all of them.

1 Like

It’s specifically Eda with a max red skill Joy. Without that she’s very manageable (and even with Joy she’s not unbeatable, just still fairly difficult but easier than before)

Purple skill

2 Likes

You’re right, I forgot how much of a buff that still gives her. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah Bagheera’s hp and/or armor needs to go up a little, I kept losing him really easy in normal campaign fights. He keeps getting one shot by a variety of enemies, much more so than the other rebalanced heros I was using. I’m not sure if the low hp was because of his invisibility + healing, but I think it’s a bit too low now.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney