A word or two on Violet

Everyone loves to read on controversial characters, right? Well that's why this time I chose to write about Violet, screw your expectations ¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯

A one star hero, available from early game, so maybe the new players will get something out of this rant. Oh, I remember how angry I was, trying to make Violet work. She was literally useless back then. She’d be better now, got a few buffs to her kit. At least now she can’t kamikaze into a group of enemies lol.

So, Violet’s main job - is shielding. The thing is, she is awful at it at the beginning. Why? Well, because her bread and butter ability is unlocked at Purple Rank. Aaand, as it happens, Purple rank is a first, quite lenghty milestone for new players to reach. Ergo, her potential is EXTREMELY limited. Once I got her fourth skill, that’s when I started using Violet for real.

She starts with the Secure Squad. It’s… alright at what it does. Sadly, Violet has trouble getting herself energy, which means no white skills for a while. She gets better with time.
The second thing she does with this is jump backwards. Sometimes it saves her skin, she is rather vulnerable. Although most of the time she just walks toward the same place again because she’s out of range for her attacks, so it works better against divers.

She might also stun sometimes when you get her Ralph disk (it’s one of the early available ones), the way it works is when her shield is destroyed or expires it stuns enemies if they are next to it. Pretty nice.

Now, the green skill. I don’t get it why she gets invisibility as a second one, it REALLY doesn’t help her case. Man, she doesn’t need survivability when she lacks utility. This should be blue or purple even…
Anyway, Violet is defenceless. She has bad health, bad reality, later on she gets some armor but she’s still fragile. Invisibility is her first and only line of defence, once she leaves it she’s very potent to being burst down.

Blue skill is Shield Roll. Uh oh, watch out, Violet just got her first tool of dealing damage! And the only one, she deals next to nothing with her basic attacks. But at least it’s hella good!
The damage still ain’t too high, but it’s global and always hits everyone, so it sums up for a better result on the score board. Still, the most important thing is the massive knockback it applies. Once you get a grasp of the game’s mechanics and start making wombo-combos with the characters, you’ll find out just how useful AoE knockbacks really are.

Finally purple skill which I mentioned. It’s a big single target shield for 7 seconds every ~10 seconds. And if you reach the friendship disk with Merida, oh boy oh boy, it empowerfuls her shields by a large chunk and increases their duration for like 1 second per star. Violet’s barely a support when not on purple rank!

Here's my current Violet:

So there you have it. I’ve never noticed until now that she actually has pretty crazy fantastic crit and negation! …for someone who has a single fantastic skill available every 20 seconds that is.

Violet combos well with melee attackers due to their AoE basic damage and with AoE heroes. Good examples are Jack Sparrow and Elsa, she can stack her enemies in one place for those two to do a great job at killing and disabling the whole group. That’s her offensive strength.
On the defence, she might help with diving heroes, especially with Ralph disk and its stun. Not only she can escape their range with her white, they might be stunned and pushed back to the front with her shield roll. Buut, if an enemy lands behind her, she might fly across the screen in opposite direction, pushing them further back… and the rest of the enemies closer to the frontline or even between your own guys. So watch out.
Ralph disk also allows her to be a good interruptor. But because of the stun’s limited range, she could use some help when dealing with, for example, a Zurg.
I wish I could say something about Merida disk, but it’s pretty straightforward. I actually don’t like it, I prefer additional crowd control in every situation.

5 Likes

Wait all this rant is for you to show off your violet? Hope you’ve seen the movie… Wait it says here… Oh there’s two parts! Good shows for the weekend eh?!!

1 Like

Wow, really? I’m showing her off to show the part of the game I’m in. In case you didn’t notice, we have O6 already as a max rank, so the gap is significant. And so maybe some endgame player would have something actually worth noting to say, or a new player to get something out of it.

But in any case, I write for the sake of writing. I’m not a native speaker, and trying to improve as much as possible. And I will still be trying, can’t ban me for making a civil legitimate review showing off my perspective on heroes lol

She got a small bump a few patches ago, mainly her disc that stuns people when the shield expires. But honestly I’ve never seen it work.

Violet was…fabulous in Incredibles 2.

In the movie, her shields were easily dealt with by … Void (Voyd?), Jack-Jack, The crusher dude, and yah…she is much better at using her shields for attack than defense, according to the movies. She is one of my fav characters but I do not use her on my team…

2 Likes

I use her a lot combo-ing with Moana.

She gains energy fast when damaged which is awesome. With the right support and support control heroes like Woody, WallE, Hiro etc, she can hold her position and protecting your team really well.

I used to love her Merida disc because it increases team survivability. But after the refreshed, her Ralph disc is definitely better plus she gained an insane amount of skill power when the disc is in maxed level.

My favorite attacking team with her would be:

• Hiro (Duck disc), WallE (Flynn disc), Violet (Ralph disc), Moana (Mickey disc), Baymax (WallE disc)
    I use Duck disc for Hiro instead of Baymax disc is because, yes the Baymax disc might be more beneficial since it boosts the attacks from Hiro’s bot to the enemy when the bot is shielded, however it’ll be useless if Hiro cannot stay alive until his Bot is called out. With Duck disc and WallE, It gives Hiro more time to get his Bot out to fight, plus the increase skill power from leveling up Duck disc gives the bot more health. With Violet Ralph disc, enemies get stun more often and more shield health. Moana’s Mickey’s disc will more likely to shield the bot once it’s out (depending on the enemy’s countering lineups). While Baymax just keep doing what he usually does with his ult.

I started using this team as defense:

• Scar (Male disc), Moana (Mickey disc), Violet (Ralph disc), Gaston (Calhoun disc), Megara (Shank disc-but I think i would much prefer Aladdin disc, but I don’t have it yet).
    With Scar initial prowl ability, enemies will skip on attacking on him and focus more on Moana (and Violet perhaps depending where she stands in battle). It’ll force Moana to use her attack jump and quick ult and shield, and hopefully will force Violet to ult quick as well. As Gaston and Megara keeps building up their ult at the back, Scar, Moana and Violet will try and keep the front safe. Hopefully, after the prowl finishes, his ult and Gaston’s ult will be ready and it’ll be 3 massive hitters attacking at the front, 1 support shield knockback hero, and a charm protector at the back (also Gaston does charm too). Gaston will also has an increased chance to deal more damage from his stun skill and Violet’s Ralph disc.

The current state of my Violet. Need to complete 3 badges before I make her O4.

I like her a lot!

Sorry if my writing is a bit confusing I’m not very good at it hahahaha

1 Like

Thanks for posting all this information about Violet. I was wondering if she ever really got any better. Sounds like not really. This is a good statement to support her getting l a little improvement from the powers that be.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney