Adventure is Forever Out There

Sad news today, Ed Asner, the voice of Carl Fredrickson, has passed away at the age of 91. He is also known for playing Hudson in Gargoyles and Santa Claus in Elf.

Thank you Carl for the adventure. Now go join Elle for a new one.

R.I.P Ed Asner (1929-2021)

27 Likes

What? But dug days is bringing Carl. Did they finished the voice before he passed? I’m very sad about what happened.
:older_man::house::balloon::balloon::balloon::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

R.I.P Ed Asner

We’ll miss you very much from paradise falls and beyond :cry:

7 Likes

Considering Dug Days is premiering in just a few days, and the voice actors typically record all their lines before animation even starts, I’m sure that Asner recorded all his lines for Carl for this batch of episodes. If Pixar continues the series, they’ll have to find a replacement, though.

3 Likes

Not really, look at Slinky Dog, Doc Hudson and Mr. Potato Head. Their original voice actors: Jim Varney (Slinky), Paul Newman (Doc), and Don Rickles (Potato Head) passed away and they are demoted to extras probably to pay respects to them.

Thankfully, Doc still pertains a significance to Cars 3 thanks to archived dialog. Same goes for Potato Head with Toy Story 4. If Asner had some dialog left over from Up, they could still do Dug Days with Carl in them.

2 Likes

He’s with Ellie in Paradise Falls now.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney