Alleged “Port Permanent Boost”

The patch notes for 1.14.2-D mentioned “The Port is getting a permanent boost in both its gold and XP rewards

Yet saving a Port for after the update resulted in no net increase for Port rewards.

Was this implemented in 1.14.2-D-LMNOPXYZ because it doesn’t look like it. Or is this one of those things that the PB team says “oh yeah it will be implemented after the refresh on XX/XX/XXXX even though that was never mentioned in any patch notes”

Thank you for your time and helpfulness regarding this topic.

2 Likes

A few questions.

1. Which server are you on?
  2. Which difficulty is your port set to?
  3. How much were you getting before the update?

I’m on server 5 and complete it on my highest possible difficulty (Daunting) and I can tell you for sure I don’t usually get anywhere near that much. I’m usually just below a million.

They have increased, slightly. I’d usually get around 800-900k from a ‘daunting’ run, and just received 1.06m.

1 Like

Server 3 here, also on Daunting. I usually don’t cash out my credits until after i raid 2/2 daily ports, but with the daily video multiplier i was getting 3.2-3.45mill daily. So if there was an increase, it seems to be a measly 100k-200k.

In my opinion, 1-200k is not enough to warrant a BOLD PERMANENT BOOST announcement in the patch notes and say that this change was a direct result of “last weekend’s Dev Chat” and a “way to help players better keep up with hero progression.” i thought there would be at least a 500k-1M boost in gold port.

That sounds about right to me @Pipsqueak
I’ve used all my port runs today so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if there is a noticeable increase.

It does feel like (regardless of whether the boost has been activated and how much of a boost it is) that rather than a vague statement (i.e. “a boost”) it would have been more useful to have something more concrete (i.e. “a 20% boost”).

Yes i agree, for right now i feel like we’re all in this “so did they or didn’t they??” gray area if this change was actually implemented. Made this topic to hopefully get clarification on the matter.

The increase is situational. Like, on my server the highest level gave 2 saphire cards, no more or less. Now it gives 1-3 cards :upside_down_face:
Yet smaller cards numbers actually got increased.

exactly, I even got a 1.15M.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney