Anniversary Contest City Watch Scoring

As far as I’m aware of, I don’t believe that we have ever been restricted to only being able to score points based on the difficulty of City Watch and simply needed to complete it. With this new contest, is this a new trend that we can only gain points for Epic CW wins and not even a lesser value for lower difficulties? I, for one, already disliked this parameter in the first place because CW is quite ridiculous at times,but now we have a contest going while the primary Ward is one of the worst (speed)?

Before, I could at least select HARD and simply just gain more keys and not worry about a second one. This is not the case at all anymore, along with needing to include Daisy each time for more points. This is luckily a Community one, so it’s possible to at least hit the progress points through your server, but I feel that this requirement even lessens the scoring potential of many in the server. If this is a desired or welcomed change, then so be it. But I personally would rather it go back to the way that it was, or at least include other difficulties with different point values as to open up the scoring potential more than it currently is.

1 Like

I agree, being restricted to epic is bad… not everyone has keys to do epic to contribute or has daisy to red to use. @Nugget or @Loutre via this method, and feel gold is getting scarce more often (with skill costs, badge costs, merc hire costs etc). Please reconsider opening it to any level before contest starts, please and thank you. Signed several people on server 1 (at least those I talked to from my guild and those talked to in darkwing ducks (a top 5 guild on the server)

What’s even much worse is the fact they decided to make it 100 Million and not 10 Million like usual.

@Loutre

This contest seems impossible to achieve or is the team going to give unlimited city watch keys.

I mean to be fair it is a server wide contest which is usually 100m, but I think just the fact perblue hasn’t given them out in what seems forever people forget that.

I just have an issue with city watch portion just being epic only, as feel it doesn’t allow some members of the server to be able to participate.

I just hope PerBlue is watching the progress on this contest and is willing to adjust the progress tier scores, as they’ve had to do with one past community contest. If we had some other ward for the week, I might chance running some Epic City Watches for points, but I’m not going to risk wasting keys when we have a reduced speed ward; I’m worried a large portion of the playerbase may feel the same.

3 Likes

Of all the wards, we have a speed reduction in Epic :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: during anniversary :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: for contest…

Perblue sure knows how to celebrate…

1 Like

Btw, is the Epic CW ward the same for all server or just server 1 got unlucky? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Anyone knows this?

Server 21 and I believe you mean skill power in lieu of speed.

1 Like

The Ward that appears in HARD is the persistent Ward in Epic, the 2nd one changes daily. In Server 1, we have the speed reduction Ward on Hard.

1 Like

Question: would using the Epic City Watch raid work to gain points or only winning individual battles? I don’t want to use raid if it doesn’t count.

This is a contest that’s been run before, but just not for awhile. The scoring is built off of the averages that you’re already doing daily so it should not be very difficult to complete. We’ll keep an eye on it though.

The problem with averages is that they don’t take into account the extremes. The speed reduction ward is one of the most extremely difficult wards to deal with. People will have greater-than-average difficulty dealing with this particular ward. So, city watch scores should be lower than average.

Raids never count for this sort of contest. Quick fights are okay though.

1 Like

Thank you!

That many people are MANUALLY completing Epic mode daily? You can raid for free as long as you have keys, so I find that number hard to believe. I don’t know a single person that does this manually anymore since the “free” raid was introduced, outside of contests maybe if they don’t need keys and prefer the chips.

If this statistic is factoring in how often Epic is being completed including raids then…that metric is not the same as this. Can you confirm that this “daily” number is not counting raids? I can’t speak for everyone, but I most certainly never complete it manually and even for contests, I typically do Hard instead.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney