Arena/coli

This new points system is just awful. Please reset this back to victory points. This way is no fun whatsoever!!!

Itā€™s much better as it is.

Before there was only one lineup used everywhere.

4 Likes

As apposed to nowā€¦?

1 Like

Hahaā€¦11 out of 27 have already swapped in their single hatter in the highlighted challenger group on S21. This will evolve for each season as long as there is disable bonus points.

Half of these are contesting for D1, 2-3 people getting into D1 without a 1 unit line(maybe?), rest will be hatter/anger/KF. In D1 it might end up becoming a race to spend the keys first to clinch 1st, good luck EU players with 4am reset

This is way worse and never been more dull

5 Likes

Exactly what you said.
I actually laughed with this ā€œitā€™s much better as it isā€. @Musketeer can you explain why this is better?
Do you play arena?
Before that, joy hades hatter lines were annoying but people should find a way to score more points versus others in order to promote/win. Now it will just be solo hatters on division 1, so is it better that the first US player to use their keys becomes champion? Is this more ā€œfunā€ than the previous situation? What are you talking about lol
And ofc youā€™ve got to adapt to the meta and just use a solo hatter if you want to have a chance and play competitively. Donā€™t hate the players, hate the meta. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Quick win was implemented to remove the 1 toon defenses in 2020. All we have done is circled back to the original issue.

6 Likes

Thank you for posting this Key :joy:

4 Likes

You are so right!! This new system is so much better!! So unique, not like thereā€™s 26 single hatters in my divisionšŸ˜ #BringQuickWinBack

4 Likes

I mean it does seem to be the patternā€¦ as soon as one thing is fixed ingame it causes another to be pushed out of balance due to the perceived lack of planning from our side

Example 1:
We had a massive shortage of red skill chips
the team updated the red skill drops
now we have a massive shortage of hero chips

Example 2:
We had a shortage of gold
The team updated the gold from surge
People used surge to the full extent to gain gold due to the exponential cost of everything
The team felt like we got too much gold and decreased it again, without decreasing the insane cost of mercenaries

We can go on and onā€¦
some things will just never changeā€¦

3 Likes

:joy: you all cry about arena coliā€¦ Thereā€™s so much more to be concerned withā€¦ Prime example is war (best part of game)

Now everyone is just using a single Mad Hatter. Honestly, the change was justified because of how annoyed people were to see the same lineup used everywhere. I am split on these rules. The points system is also an issue in my opinion. It is causing players to just use Mad Hatter because of his red skill. If PerBlue just removed this system, then a lot more players would be happy (including myself). The rules are controversial, but I donā€™t really know how I feel about them :man_shrugging:

Things definitely need to be majorly rebalanced.

The original system heavily rewarded quick wins, so the teams were shifted to include Kronk, Hades, Angel, basically anyone who could stall out the clock long enough for the quick win points to expire.
Then you have what I call ā€œactionā€ points, the stun points, the knockback points, freeze points, whatever, they were usually disable based to putting in Hatter was usually a smart play because then you couldnā€™t get quick win points AND action points.
Last season was actually a smart option there, tbh. The points were dependant not on what you did to the enemy, but on what condition you were in at the end. The enemy HAD to have a strong defending team otherwise youā€™d have full points.

Thatā€™s a personal opinion, and it also doesnā€™t preclude the desire to improve other game modes.

Purple skill, actually, if heā€™s being used solo. I was hoping that modding someoneā€™s silencing skills over Hatterā€™s purple skill level would allow them to silence him, but apparently his purple skillā€™s effectiveness is based on the opponentā€™s level rather than the level of their skill.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

Perblue ā€œsolvingā€ the past issue created a new issue of its own. Players are STILL fighting the same teams for an entire month. If it was up to me, I would do something like guild war. The rules could be kept, but different heroes would be off duty for each individual players. PerBlue could create a system that makes 10-20 random heroes off duty for each player. That way, teams would be SIMILAR (not VERY similar, just similar), and not the exact same.

1 Like

How many players on s1? 1000? 10000? 100000? More?

Out of that numbers, maximum of 15 to 20 playing Arena to win (idiots have single toon, thinking itā€™s smart and they are down in the rank, so what they are looking for? hahaha)

Maximum of 10 playing coliseum to win.
Very few playing invasion.
No one playing heists for heists hehe

Only #1 war guild players playing war actively (Twisted Beasts) NO ONE CAN SAY A WORD ABOUT THAT. The rest of guilds including top 5 power, having players that they donā€™t care of war or teamwork and most of the time are OFF (walking dogs, business, sleeping, making love, etc).

99% of all players joined the game for chat with rich ppl because this game is money dependent which means, you have power? You are rich and sexy hehehe yeah

To be honest, I donā€™t know how tb members doesnā€™t get board by now winning all wars easley, no fun, right? Maybe DROP some wars!!! Bahahahahaha

Oh man!!, what skill level? Is there a skill level for heroes :thinking:? If so, canā€™t his purple moded and increased to match max skill levels?

Just wanted to let everyone knowā€¦
That I am having an absolute blast discussing this with support team
they do not seem to understand that it is not fun fighting the same hero 15 times (Mad Hatter)

But rest assured, the lines are not computer generated automatically, it is the best way for players to get a ā€œstrategic advantageā€ (duh we know this)

I really hope this is changed ASAP
because this is not what i want to spend my time on, and I am sure everyone else feels the same

4 Likes

Arena hasnā€™t been fun for a long time, I used to enjoy trying and was ranked like #4 arena overall for a couple of years. I dread to think what I am now!

The combination of OP meta, server merges, silly rules and points mechanics and the rewards having diminishing value has really dampened the fun of competing in it, at least it has for people unwilling or unable to spend megabucks and megahours on the game.

On the same note, Coli has pretty much never been fun for the same reasons 3 times over, lol

4 Likes

That sounds like it would end up being massively unfair to some players. Inevitably, in pretty much every league, youā€™d have at least one player with many or most of their most-useful heroes being off duty, while other players wouldnā€™t have even one crucial hero unavailable.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but since I havenā€™t said it in this thread yet: The simplest solution to try is to bring back the Quick Win bonus, but make it so that itā€™s roughly equal to or a bit less than the other scoring bonuses. For example, make the QW bonus start at 800 points and go down 20 points a second after 5 seconds, and have the other two bonuses capped at 400 or 500 points. A typical stall team would burn through about half that QW bonus, but be more vulnerable to one or both of the other bonus points than a well-constructed defense.

1 Like

What is the problem with war in your eyes?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney