Arena Team Help?

S22.
P2: Mulan, Minnie, Eeyone, Donald Duck, Darkwing Duck.

Thankyou, this is all really useful. Used to play FFBE, so well aware of the Power Creep. Will past my list shortly. Have plenty of resources for levelling and spilling, so happy to plow my stamina into a new first team and use my existing heroes for my 2nd/3rd Coliseum team.

Will post all heroes shortly, but have most.

5* Vanellope
4* Mr Inc., Oogie

3* Anger, Barbosa, Baymax, Buzz, Calhoun, Dash, Donald, Elastigirl, Eve, Facilier, F.Rider, Frozone, Genie, Goofy, Hank, K.Flynn, Maleficent, Mike, Minnie, Mushu, Nick, Ralph, Stitch, Sven, Timon, Woody, Violet, Yax, Zurg

2* Aladdin, Beast, Bo Peep, Colette, Darkwing, Eeyore, Elsa, Finnick, Gaston, Gizmoduck, Gonzo, Hades, Hercules, Hiro, HD,&Louie, Jack-Jack, Jafar, Jessie, Kida, Launchpad, Mad Hatter, Magica, Me Bogo, Mulan, Olaf, Pooh, QoHearts, Rafiki, Rapunzel, Sally, Scrooge, Shank, Sully, Tia Palna, Ursula

1* Gerald, J.Skell, J.Sparrow, Joy, Mauai, Merida, Powerline

So a pretty big list. Thinking best to pick 2 characters to focus on with good synergy and then choose the other 3 once the June adjustment kicks in.

What 2 would you recommend?

Apologies missed 2* Syndrome and Wall-E

I could actually reccomend 3. Elsa, Kristoff and Sven along with Olaf is a solid foundation for a freeze team. Round it out with Wall-E and Magica and you’d have a fairly solid team going for you.

Edit: If you are looking at another 2 teams for Colosseum I would reccomend the following:

Goofy, Beast, Barbossa, Mulan and Launchpad.

This team focuses on speeding up Beast and Mulan with Goofy while Barbossa studies enemies and Launchpad provides some more frontline durability. If you get him or if he is availible on your server I would reccomend replacing Launchpad with Animal and Barbossa with Captain Hook.

Oogie, Collette, Dr. Facilier, Kida and Timon and Pumbaa.

This team is a bit of a hodgepodge but overall these heroes on their own are fairly solid. Oogie is a beefy frontline with theoretically infinite scaling, Collette and Facilier are both solid control heroes who can blind, curse, stun, etc. Kida provides both good Normal and Fantastic damage from her kit while being incredibly durable. Her crystal form making her basics deal fantastic damage works wonders with Oogie’s scares. Timon and Pumbaa also provide decent control while making your team immune to crits for the first few seconds of battle along with a decent armor and regeneration effect with Hakuna Matata.

That’s brilliant, thankyou. Will work on my frozen team now.

How much of an impact should discs and type mastery have on my decision.

You were holding out.
Must haves as they are overpowered
Pooh, kristoff, mulan, mushu.
Stars help Pooh but his strength is in his purple skill which is level dependent.
Colette, Scrooge, beast. Are also solid. Facieler can be useful to stop healing. Magica is better.
Rapunzel is in my heist shop. If In yours she’s solid healer with damage and her red skill debuffs all toons when she heals.
Powerline is in my city watch shop. Get him if you can.
Minnie and Donald in my original response still apply.
I love kida and anger (especially for invasion). You need to know how to use them.
Olaf and elsa are also solid for a freeze team as stated by another.

My arena team:
Minnie p1 :star::star::star:
Goofy p1 :star::star::star:
Gonzo p1 :star::star::star:
Joy p1 :star::star:
Elsa p1 :star::star:

Discs are very important as some heroes especially earlier on can branch out into other roles or shore up weaknesses they may have. For example Sulley with his disk from Woody turns a below average tank into a hybrid tank/support who provides decent healing to his team.

For disks on the freeze team most are straightforward. Such as Olaf (Moana) which makes enemies take more damage if they get frozen while already being frozen. Wall-E is typically seen with his Dash disk for the improved disables and energy gain when an ally disables an enemy, but I wouldn’t sleep on the Kevin Flynn one because it provides some nice Basic Damage buffs which Elsa has a suprising amount of.

Speaking of the Ice Queen herself I have seen people go back and forth with her disk. Personally I prefer the Frozone disk as it gives her more skill power along with increasing the lengths of her disables against control enemies, but her disk with Olaf providing more max HP along with giving Tank allies a shield equivalent to a percentage of her Max HP does provide some nice durability.

Kristoff and Sven and Magica disks I wouldn’t worry about since they are newer and you won’t get disks for them for a VERY long time but if you want to make note of them for K&S I see Kida being the more common one and Magica easily loves the disk with Megavolt, don’t even bother with her Jafar one. Magica with the Megavolt disk also works incredibly well with the freeze team as despite being Red team gives a Max HP buff to Blue Team allies which the Frozen heroes are a part of.

Mushu and Randall are some good ones

Great. I think my issue is that I have discs for the older characters (Inc family, Ralph, Van, Frozone, Yax), but am 20+ levels from getting them for the strongest characters. Are the discs enough in the short term to affect my character choice, or should I ignore them when considering my team?

Currently working on Mushu (50 chips today), Wall-E (unlocked this morning) and getting to tl74, so that I can promote Sven, then enhance him.

Oh and I picked up Ms.Piggy this morning
Any good?

Mushu, Kristoff & Sven are great, so is Piggy

For Olaf I would say it is imperative to get the Moana disk. Wall-E Dash I also feel is important enough to get over his disk with Kevin Flynn at least to start. Wall-E is one of the few heroes I would suggest getting both disks on as Wall-E can work in just about any team comp.

Elsa it will depend on which you prefer. Getting her Olaf disk is easier in that regard since you will more than likely raise him for a freeze team at some point. K&S and Magica wont get disks in the sort term. Your looking at another 100 levels essentially of TL before getting them so don’t fret on that front.

Miss Piggy while not as toxic to the game like Beast and Randall can be is still a very strong hero in her own right. I typically see her in 4 support comps plus her so heroes like Woody, Animal, Tron, Shang, possibly Judy with her Felix disk go nicely with her. I don’t know if I would raise her yet since you probably have other strong options raised higher but no one will think investing in Miss Piggy is a waste.

Avoiding putting more resources into Ralph & Val. Unfortunately, they are low tier characters. I would make this your arena team and work at it overtime:

Minnie, Stitch, Mr. Inc, Donald, Anger

These give you a decently balanced team to compete and get on your feet for now. You can always replace later.

No, that’s a terrible team. Stitch and Mr. Inc don’t belong there. Oogie and Goofy are both better tanks that he already has, and he needs a support instead of a fourth damage. T&P, K&S, or Joy are all available to him.

Coming from someone currently in Challengers in S19 Arena, I use Piggy (QH), Meg (Sh), Rapunzel (Bo), Tron, and Animal (Go), although Tron and Rapunzel can be swapped out. I recently swapped Genie and T&P out for them, though I’ve also seen Joy and T&P used.
The disks aren’t required for the comp to work (though Animal’s Gonzo one and Meg’s Shank disk both make a big difference).

Tl;dr: My personal recommendation is Piggy, Meg, Animal, Joy, and T&P, as freeze isn’t meta lately. There’s only one freeze team in my challengers league, and there’s a lot of heroes with Hardy now, so they’ve gone out of style.
But for now, it’s probably best if you stick with what was already suggested and use a freeze core (full frozen characters) along with someone to augment and a DPS. WALL-E (preferably with Dash disk) to supplement Kristoff’s slow energy gain and Mulan so you can still function against Hardy comps will work, I’m fairly sure.

1 Like

To be fair we are talking about at TL 74 player so I don’t know that we need to be throwing out what is meta in challenger (although it is always good to know that to set long term goals).

The reason I suggest the freeze team is because it is simple, effective and relatively tenable at that level. There is no reason, in my opinion, that a freeze team shouldn’t carry them into at least low Plat arena.

1 Like

So, to recap:

At top levels, the very newest characters are generally best due to Power Creep.

For now a Freeze team should tide me over.
Sven, Elsa, Olaf, plus Oogie, Magica and Wall-E for the short term.

Power up Mushu, Pooh, Mulan, Piggy, T&P, long term.

Does that sound right? Appreciate that there won’t be a consensus, yet I don’t need to be perfect, so long as I stop doing things like wasting diamonds on old characters.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney