Ariel Concept

Dis is my very first concept of a Hero. Very excited to show u guys. Hope u enjoy it. :grin:

Ariel
2 star back-line control
“I don’t see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad.”

Basic Attack- throws a dinglehopper from her red purse

White: Part of your world
Ariel sings, healing allies for Y health for 3 seconds while enemies take X damage for 3 seconds.

Green: Ever seen anything like this?
Ariel sees the enemy with the highest skill power & throws a thingamabob with all her might. Dealing X damage & slows the enemy down by 30% for 6 seconds

Blue: Beautiful Singing voice
Ariel sings a tune, charming the enemy with the lowest health for 5 seconds.

Purple: The Girl who has everything
Part of your world now gives allies 10% of Ariel’s skill power for the rest of the wave

Entrance: Ariel swims in humming to herself

Victory: Ariel takes out a dinglehopper & smiles happily

Defeat: Ariel falls on the floor sobbing

Friendships

Ariel/Moana
Wish I could be
+100 skill power
Beautiful singing voice now charms a additional +1 enemy

Ariel/Ursula
Friend or Enemy
+500 Health
Ariel’s basic attacks heal the lowest ally for 100 health per disk star.

Let me know what u think about my concept. If there is anything wrong about it, let me know. Thxs.

12 Likes

First off, welcome to the hero making exclusive club.

Second off congrats getting your regular badge back.

Third off…

Green skill seems to be the same thing as basic attack?

Laastly is her friendship with Ursula. Interesting but I could use a standard to go on. How much does she heal per disk star??

Pretty good concept for a first try though here is to many more raises glass :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Cool ideas.

More words

1 Like

First off, Thank u 4 the warm welcome. :blush:

Second, I hope u will get ur Regular badge back soon.

Third, her Green skill does relate to her Basic attack. The difference is dat she throws harder & it goes quicker. U can give me a suggestion & I’ll use dat idea.

Lasstly, the Ursula friendship would be cool. I changed it to each star gives 100 health. Hope dat helps. :wink:

And thanks, heres is to more great ideas! raises :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Dude, dis is absolutely Awesome! Good job on ur first Concept. Bravo! :clap:

1 Like

Thank u @Mr_Meme. :grin:

1 Like

Anytime my dude. :wink: Keep it up

1 Like

Excellent work on your first concept @Drone_IX. I had personally been thinking of an Ariel concept but couldn’t really find something that stuck. Definitely enjoy the concept and while Control wouldn’t have been my first choice I definitely enjoy your interpretation.

As for some critique and suggestions for future concepts. Firstly your white skill and disk with a Moana share a name. Disney has such a vast lore to work with that this typically shouldn’t happen. Instead of the disk being called “Part of your World” use “Wish I could be”. That especially works with the Moana friendship while retaining the reference and signifies the idea of your friendship. I’ll talk more on the friendships later.

Second is the purple skill feels a little weak. You don’t give a percentage to the slow for this or the green skill. A purple skill is when a hero really comes online and this is when their kit becomes complete. This doesn’t feel like that sort of skill. Something like “Part of your World now gives 10% of Ariel’s skill power to her allies”. It gives the character a more defined role while feeling unique and provides some sort of tangible impact.

Third is the friendships are hit or miss. The Moana friendship is absolute genius. One wishes to go to the land and the other wishes to go to the sea. Both are rebellious towards their fathers and want to be different in some way. It’s a fantastic combination from a character standpoint. Which is why the “friendship” with Ariel and Ursula feels so wrong. I’m not one for Villain/Hero friendships in this game. I think it goes against the nature and canon of their stories too much. I understand the game isn’t canon but it’s my own pickiness if you will. I’m all for our of left field friendships and even a friendship with a different villain, just not the same villain from the source movie. I think a good alternative would be Tia. Like Ursula she is a sea witch and can have that same sort of manipulative relationship with the naive Ariel witbout going with the villain who tried to take over all of the oceans with her father’s trident.

Outside of that it stays true to the character and is filled with fun little references and nuances that make it seem like a viable and worthwhile character. It makes me believe that this could be a hero in the game. Welcome to the Concept Creation Club!

4 Likes

Thxs 4 the advice @Kinokan. :grin: I found ur advice very helpful. I’ll fix up a bit so it makes more sense. But is it alright if I keep the Ariel/Ursula friendship? I think its cool. :sweat_smile: I’ll change it if u want.

2 Likes

I was actually thinking of making one for Ariel, but I see you beat me to her :laughing:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club! This concept is really good! Hope to see more like it soon!

3 Likes

Yeah, I did. :wink:
U like it?

2 Likes

I’m glad to see people r enjoying my first concept. Thxs :grin:

3 Likes

It’s your concept so do it how you want. I’m just saying what I tend to avoid and gave my opinion on why that friendship wouldn’t work. If you believe it to be a worthwhile addition to the concept than go for it. I was just giving my own personal concept taboos. The friendship doesn’t make the concept any less valid. You do you my man and keep it up. Off to a good start with this. Excellent work once again.

4 Likes

Thank u @Kinokan. :grin:

2 Likes

I have to wonder, and this is probably obvious since your entrance animation probably is spelling it out, but I suppose that means that Ariel is swimming the entire fight. Interesting indeed.

2 Likes

Yeah, I imagine Ariel in her Mermaid form. Srry if it bothers u. :sweat_smile:
I personally, would like 2 see Ariel in her Mermaid form.

2 Likes

Nah, it’s good. I think I’d prefer Ariel in mermaid form when it comes to fighting, since that’s how she is usually portrayed. Don’t really get anything from Ariel with legs, so you’re post makes sense.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney