Basic Forum Skills #1: Flagging

Welcome to the starter post for my new series! In this series, I will explain how basic things on the forum work, starting with the flagging system!

What the flags do is they alert Per Blue employees about a forum user acting with behavior that is not allowed.

How you flag a post is actually quite simple, so it’s a pretty good starting point! So, how do you flag a post after all? Well, you hit the flag button under the post you want to flag. After doing that, you choose the reason for flagging the post, and then you hit the “Flag Post” button. Of course, please don’t test it out on this post!!

Also, when you become a Regular, you are granted access to even more powerful flags. I am not aware of how that changes your flags, but surely the badge wasn’t lying! Wait, didn’t it say something about a Regular private lounge??? Maybe I shouldn’t trust everything a badge description says…

There are several different types of flags you can put on a post. One of these is “Send Insert Name HereMessage”. This one allows you to create a private message with the flagged person to discuss their post. Three other types are “It’s Inappropriate”, “It’s Off-topic”, and “It’s Spam”. These are all very similar in that they allow you to flag a post that does not contribute to the conversation. Finally, the last type is “Something Else” This type has several uses. One of them is if you and the person you’re flagging have had past problems that you need to explain for the flag to make sense.

Well, that wraps up my first topic in the Basic Forum Skills series, so I hope you enjoyed! Please leave a suggestion of what basic skill you would want me to explain next! Thanks!

7 Likes

Whoa! What in the world happened to my post??? If you know how to fix it, pls tell me!

1 Like

There’s an idea for the next skill!

1 Like

Well, I’ve got to figure out what it even is before I can explain it!

1 Like
    I think I know what happened! You hit </> which does this weird block quote thing!
1 Like

Hi

Yeah so the Preformatted text thing (this) makes you have to scroll for the rest of the sentence for some reason?
1 Like

Are making puns allowed in this thread? Just asking…

Edit: I can’t read the preformatted text so… yeah. I’ll try to be more responsible in flagging. But the King Louie thing is always flaggable (I don’t know if that word exists).

1 Like
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppp. Like this? O.o so cool!! No I can do this! Whaddya know! Learn something new everyday!!
1 Like
    Heh heh heh, dis is kind of funny if u get the chance to make the message go in & u have to scroll in 2 see. Yeah, I'm confusing.
2 Likes
Yeah I hope this doesn’t catch on and everyone does this or else it will get annoying to have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll................and scroll.
4 Likes

Yeah, the preformatted text is trailing of the page maybe it’s formatted in horizontal instead of portrate?

:angel:

1 Like

You have to move it…with the scroll bar?

1 Like

Lol or your thumb? That’s halarious!

Duh to me!
:angel:
PS Y’all just had to make me look dumb in class. Me not knowing how to scroll on this phone. Or did I do it myself? That’s ok no need to answer!

1 Like

Now I have something to teach you.
Face the mirror and say, “Mirror, Mirror on the wall. Who’s the dumbest of them all?” The mirror would say NCTzen Haechan.

1 Like

Great thread to read in the morning half a sleep :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve tried to edit it multiple times, and it hasn’t changed how it looks. @Polaris is there a way to change it back easily?

Fixed! You had a bunch of extra spaces (maybe a tab?) at the start of some of the paragraphs. This forum uses those as formatting for some things.

5 Likes

Thank you! I was typing it on mobile, so I couldn’t hit a tab button, and I was trying to make it look like a professional post. Guess I should not do that!

How do you make a poll?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney