Behind the Game - November 22-25

Will be a viable option put the other designs as costumes?

Well that is a character we knew was coming :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can’t take this, it hurts!

Just why, why best TV character falls on such troubles :frowning:
Great promises and then this.

Costumes (just use this thing), and her first version with black t-shirt should be used :man_shrugging:, otherwise that in her friendship with DW are plot mentions from further seasons, purple t-shirt and bla bla
This just can’t end like this.

Q

Any other plans with TV characters (no, no DuckTales, or any duck), or everyone in office given up by Kim’s issue?

6 Likes

Nothing that elaborate. Just fun references in the background art.

4 Likes

Can you tell us some about canceled/canned heroes? Did any of them get far enough to skills, friendships animations, etc.?

Slightly more specifically:
What happened to Captain Salazar? Were any parts of his skills finished? Did you already plan some of his friendships?

Do you have any development screenshots of canceled heroes and other canceled things?

Can you share any information about the Alpha version and the rumor that Syndrome, and Marvel characters were in it?

As a major lost media enthusiast I would love to everything you are legally allowed to share about things that did not get to be!

Unfortunately, posters can take a long time to get made because each one is essentially a unique painting that uses Disney IP. So there’s a lot of back-and-forth needed to get each one to where it meets Disney’s standards. In the end, we feel like we can be more impactful focusing elsewhere. Sorry!

8 Likes

TBD. We need to figure that out! :wink:

5 Likes

This was answered in today’s live chat. Short answer is no. :confused:

3 Likes

So this games going to go up to almost 5 years!

2 Likes

We have definitely talked thru the “whole” story regarding the Inventor, the virus and it’s spread thru the city and the Internet. I have my favorite idea for how it will end, but I’m not the writer. :wink: Stay tuned to see for yourself…

10 Likes

Unfortunately, I’d say no. She’s one of those characters who is hard to turn into a fighter.

5 Likes

I’m guessing that Anna is coming soon?

We have definitely scrapped a few heroes! The hardest part of the design process is figuring out how to turn some Disney characters into RPG battlers. Some beloved characters just don’t have much in their personality or film history to justify having them use weapons, magic, heal, etc. We have a weekly meeting where we sit down and brainstorm out each hero’s “kit”. This takes into account what’s fun, what’s technically feasible in Spine (our animation engine), and what makes sense for the character. These kits need to be discussed with and approved by Disney to make it into the game. They make the final call on what their characters can do!

We can’t really show art or other artifacts for heroes who didn’t make the cut because it has (by definition) not been approved by Disney. I can say that Anna and Belle are two characters who we’ve made some attempts at kitting out, but they’ve both proven difficult to add combat abilities to.

13 Likes

Do you guys plan on Adding Max Goof eventually?

I answered another similar question with some details on this. Check that one out.

1 Like

I’m glad I can still slip in another question…

Do you have a favorite concept you’ve seen on the forum? Or if you’d rather not say, favorite add-ons like writing the opening dialog for a friendship campaign or adding the animations? I fret a lot about the formatting when I’m writing concepts, if there’s anything in particular that’s helpful or well-liked I’d be happy to start using it. :smile:

3 Likes

I wonder… Do you have plans on adding a 3rd friendship now I don’t really want this but might give some characters more stories

No one needs this. There is already a struggle in unlocking friendships

Well the last question wasn’t answered… do you mind answering it?

So… a question I’ve been wandering for a while is will Magica De Spell cone to the game or do you guys not have her planned any time soon

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney