Bolt Concept (my first concept ever)

This is my first ever Hero Concept, and it’s for a character that really should already be in the game by now and yet for some reason isn’t.

Bolt
(Source: … Bolt)

Description: Ever loyal to his “person” Penny, Bolt uses his superbark and heat vision to deal massive damage to enemies.

Quote: “You work for the men in black who work for the man with the green eye. They’ve taken Penny. WHERE IS SHE?!”

Role: Damage

Position: Front

Stars: :star:

Trial Team: Yellow

Animations
Entrance - Bolt enters and sniffs in front of him, then gets into his battle ready stance.

Victory - Bolt sits down and scratches his ear with his hind leg.

Defeat - Bolt lies down and curls up in a ball, facing away.

Basic attack - Bolt headbutts an enemy.

Skills
White - Superbark (Fantastic Damage)
Bolt performs a superbark, dealing X damage to the 3 closest enemies, knocking them back, and silencing them for 10 seconds.

Green - The Dog Face
Bolt makes a begging face, charming the closest enemy for 8 seconds. Whenever the enemy charmed by this skill does damage to another enemy, Bolt heals for X HP.

Blue - Heat Vision (Fantastic Damage)
Bolt shoots his eye lasers, dealing X damage immediately and an additional X damage over 5 seconds to all enemies in front of him.

Purple - Tuck and Roll
Bolt and the enemy charmed by “The Dog Face” gain X Skill Power for the duration of the Charm.

Red - Super Strength
Basic damage and attack speed buffs on Bolt are 45% more effective. The basic damage and attack speed increases have a chance to fail if they are from allies above level X.
Bolt removes X Basic Damage and Y Reality from enemies that he damages with “Superbark” for 10 seconds.
+X Skill Power
+X Max HP
+X damage dealt with “Superbark”

Friendships
Bolt/Kim Possible
Campaign: “Bark Me, Beep Me” - Kim and Bolt work together to take care of creeps throughout the City. (Allies: Clawhauser, Hiro, Tron)

Disk: “Pet Tech” - Steal Energy with "Heat Vision"
+X Skill Power
Bolt steals 15 energy (+15 energy per star) from enemies that he damages with “Heat Vision”.

Bolt/Slinky Dog
Campaign: “Pooch Power” - Bolt gathers the help of Slinky and some other friends to find Penny. (Allies: Goofy, Minnie Mouse, Nick Wilde)

Disk: “Man’s Best Friend” - Stronger Vs. Shields
+X Max HP
Bolt deals 14% (+14% per star) more damage to enemies with a shield.

Notes:

• I couldn’t decide what Trial Team to put Bolt on since he’d be the first from his movie to appear in the game, so I chose Yellow at random.
  • I had another idea for a Green Skill called “Zoom Zoom” which would work similarly to Quorra’s Green Skill, but I went with “The Dog Face” to be a bit more unique.
  • The healing from “The Dog Face” is meant to mimic how Bolt made that face in the movie to convince people in the RV park to give him food to curb his hunger.
  • I couldn’t think of a better name for his Purple Skill.
  • Is it weird that I’m proud of myself for coming up with “Bark Me, Beep Me” for the Bolt/Kim Campaign title?

Let me know what you guys think!

34 Likes

Amazing first concept! :+1:

4 Likes

Great Job for a first concept!

4 Likes

This is actually a very good first concept! just some notes:
Some skills need a variable

here you can just put: +15 energy per star

and here: +7% per star, is easiest like this

The best thing of a concept is to be unique and creative :wink:

4 Likes

Fixed! Is that better?

First of all… this just makes me happy to see another concept maker! What? I like concepts… a lot cause I do not do much else lol.

After reading it this is what I have for you:

Amazing for a first concept! It feels pretty accurate to the character. Just one thing.

I think this would work well with Damage Over Time as an additional effect.

6 Likes

So something like this?

2 Likes

Yeah it´s better

the variable here would be like: the charm may fail if the enemy is above level X, same in white skill and is basically all. Great concept!

1 Like

Yes. That works well!

I do not think it needs a chance to fail. The skillset is well balanced.

oooohhh, now I see it, well yeah it´s good without the variable

I added a level restriction for the White Skill but not for the Green Skill, mainly because his Purple Skill is reliant on his Green Skill activating.

And I recommend making a concept preview PM it can help a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

How should I do that? I’ve had PMs with users on this site before, but never for a whole topic. Is it any different?

You just have to message one forumer, then you add others, then you put a tittle to the PM and you create it, it´s very easy

This is a great first concept!

2 Likes

I agree @Xavier_The_Great

3 Likes

Amazing first concept! I could easily see you becoming one of the best concept makers here! It feels super true to his character and a perfect idea for a likely skillset. 10/10, my friend!

1 Like

I’m so flattered that you like it that much!

3 Likes

The passion that you clearly have for the character shows itself so much with the concept. I feel like that’s important to concepts. You have to love the character. But yeah, just awesome

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney