Bullying in open chats

Perblue stop sweeping the bullying issue under the rug. You locked the chat I was responding to while I was typing this. Monitor your chats. Report button doesn’t do anything. I have proof of that.

My response to the other bullying chat that was closed is below.

Sadly Perblue does not have the capability to monitor chat. They only mention the filter and the report button. They need chat moderators. As the game is rated for children, the chat should not be unmonitored. I personally am tired of seeing “go kill yourself” being told to children. I have expressed my concerns to PB. Sadly I think it will have to go higher like to the BBB to be fully heard. I just hope it doesn’t get to the point that someone does self harm for pb to listen to those who have expressed concern.

4 Likes

There is nothing being swept under the rug. The locked thread devolved into personal attacks and inappropriate content - that is why it was locked.

There is an option to completely disable chat and just enjoy playing the game. Every player has tools available to block and report inappropriate behavior, and all reports are reviewed and actioned by the support team.

15 Likes

Chat is a huge portion of the game and should be enjoyable to all that play. If you don’t want to monitor chat you need to make the game to 18+ only. Even as an adult I find the bullying too extreme. I personally have reported issues and have heard the same response. Hit block. If I do that then I can’t stand up for the kids that are getting bullied. You truly have no control over your chats. And you are responsible for all that happens in them as you are providing the platform.

Manual chat moderation would be an unfathomably large task - this is a very popular game :grimacing: there is an automated word filter, that will at least silence / suspend people who use inappropriate language or spam too much.

As for not being able to stand up for people if you’ve blocked someone - if those people also blocked them, there would be no further issue.

It’s very understandable to feel aggrieved about bad behaviour in chat, but it’s an online game and this sort of thing is commonplace - sadly most of the people telling others to “go kill themselves” probably are children :roll_eyes:

Welcome to the Internet in 2020 :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I have played other games with chat (this is my third phone game with it) . They were able to moderate their chats. While hard, it is possible. The filter catcher has huge flaws. There are so many loop holes to the chat filter. A simple # makes the words show and will not be reported since it is not flagged. They would know this if they popped into chats every once of a while. :slight_smile:

If you have people (known adults) bullying everyone they see (especially kids who post heroes) yes there is an issue.

Every post I have seen regarding the “go kill yourself” or “go play on a freeway” have been adults. They were also reported. This should be an enjoyable game for all. There wouldn’t be so much bullying if people thought they could get caught red handed. That they were actually being watched by pb. As of now it truly is a free for all with little rules and lack luster monitoring.

I know the internet very well. But thank you for the welcome.

1 Like

I had to report some people for pedophilia and they’re still in the chat

That should be its own button… cause there are actually a TON of those kinds of people.

4 Likes

I agree for some reason it doesn’t have its own button to report it would be really nice if pedos are banned from this game and being reported to the authorities

1 Like

Yet another time someone gets away with telling someone commit suicide. Another report fluffed off to block and report. I truly hope someone doesn’t actually act on the bullying they receive. Day after day this person abuses people and at this point I do not believe that Per Blue cares for its players.

We take action against all violations of the chat guidelines that are reported. We start with short silences and it escalates through a few levels up to a permanent silence.

You are wrong that no action is being taken and I ask that you stop posting misleading information.

11 Likes

@Polaris we’re not talking about misinformation I had to report pedophiles on this game and stop censoring us

Saying that PerBlue doesn’t take action on the reports is misinformation, as Polaris has said time and again they most certainly check/act on all reports.

5 Likes

That’s not entirely true. While Perblue doesn’t have the functions that you demand, they do recognise the fact that there are bullies out there. You also need to play your part as a dutiful player of the game and in the forums. But please don’t ruin Perblue’s reputation. They were mostly the creators of the game. And also, they work hard to develop and upgrade the experience as a fellow player. They met one of the community’s demands. Like adding Kim Possible. Many were asking for her.

1 Like

Will you please stop responding to people’s concerns with “Look, we got Kim Possible”… yes, it’s nice that they were finally able to get her approved and put in the game but it doesn’t have anything to do with the issue TC is bringing up in this thread. Nor does it have anything to do with the other threads that you’re also posting this response to.

I’m not saying that PB doesn’t take this seriously, but if you’re going to try to bring up evidence of it then it at least should be relevant.

5 Likes

Got it. I’ll take note of that. Sorry for the unnecessary message.

1 Like

Serevr 21 is the WORST with bullying on global.

1 Like

I report a player a day it seems like

1 Like

Hey perblue just a heads up the whole of s21 global want me dead

That server is a pretty bad place to be. I highly suggest you leave that server and start fresh on one of the newer ones. Put the past behind yourself. Before I quit the game I went to check out that one, and it is really bad there. Filled with pedos/people who want to date online and bullies.

Once you leave that server, find some friends and a good positive guild. If that is unsuccessful, please consider quitting the game entirely for your own health.

The forums is a pretty positive community, so let me and others know if you need help.

5 Likes

Your def exaggerating a bit.

But yes, change server if you feel that way.

6 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney