Thank you for your feedback about the changes to this season for challenger. We are going to make some adjustments on Monday and Tuesday, May 4&5 that will address some of the scoring issues. The changes are split across two updates to be the least disruptive to the ongoing Challenger season, while improving the experience for the last 2 weeks of the season.
We’re continuing to improve challenger seasons based on your feedback and what we see in the game data, and we will have more changes and improvements with future game updates.
Important! If you think these changes will impact you, make sure to make defensive lineup changes before the updates go into effect!
Server Update on Monday at 3:00 PM CT
- Fixed a bug in Challengers where players were receiving more bonus points than intended.
- This will affect situations where players were earning significantly more than 500 points through healing prevented or damage to stunned enemies.
- By doing this at the end of a Challenger season week, players will have had a consistent play environment for most of the week. Since this change is only a reduction of points, this will not be disruptive to overall player rankings at the end of the week.
Server Update on Tuesday at 10:30 AM CT
- Quick Fight bonus points increased to 750 max points, which decay from 10 to 15 seconds. (Previous: 300 max points, which decayed from 5 to 15 seconds.)
- After reviewing the data, the current quick fight bonus has been helpful in reducing, but hasn’t completely eliminated, 1-hero defensive lineups in Challenger. This behavior is not what we want because it denies attackers the opportunity to experiment with different teams to maximize bonus points. A significant increase to quick fight points should clearly signal to players that a 1-hero defense is not a viable strategy.
- By doing this change at the beginning of a Challenger seasons week, everyone will have most of the week to take advantage of the increased quick fight bonus.