Character discussion: Rex

Ok so, recently, I heard someone mention that they come to this forum for feedback on heroes that they should and shouldnt use. Now obviously, Some characters are a must. But there are other characters who different people have different opinions of. Rex is one of them. His white skill is rather strong, but is he worth the time it takes to upgrade him? I have not upgraded him yet so I would love feedback for myself personally as well. :grin:

@Noble_Moon hope this gives you some help too

Rex is not a go-to for a primary team.

He is not particularly good as a tank, a damage dealer, or a controller.

Rex really has one job. That’s as a precision counter to shields. And given how persistent shield meta can be, even after the Baymax nerfs, that’s a useful tool in the toolbelt to get through Baymax on defense.

I’ve heard global describe him as “squishy” due to his low health

Got him to P4 and gave up. Barely usable, he is on the front lines and isn’t able to stay there because of his awful hp and low reality. Not that his armor is amazing, it’s just tolerable.

I like to compare Rex to Ralph - they both have trouble at doing full-time tanking
 But Ralph has double stun and silence, AND self heal that nearly doubles his hp pool. Rex has double knockback and silence, AND bonus damage to shields.

But Rex won’t make much use out of his offensive abilites because he simply won’t live long enough. Ralph stays at the front lines because he is such a good disruptor.

So far my impression is that Rex requires another tank (which kinda negates the purpose, because you place a tank to place yet another tank), and works only with front line damagers as they love knockbacks, or against a shield heavy team / units.

Conclusion - not a priority to build.

1 Like

Rex is bad in his role baymax sulley or ralph are the way to go in the game these 3 are the best tanks you should pick from

Rex needs more damage mitigation and a little bit more than “anti shields” for his usefulness. Two changes that I think would greatly help him:

1. Give his headbutt a movement slow (and maybe more dustance). This would at least make him more useful for combatting melee heroes in the front line. This would help his tanking ability, as he could prevent more damage.

2. Make his purple ability more useful, while retaining the anti shield idea. I’d like to see an effect like this: Rex deals X extra damage and heals X when damaging an enemy. This effect is tripled against shielded enemies.

Yeah Rex is only good to keep leveled up if you use Zurg, so you can keep the friendship disk leveled up also.

I’ve heard some people on the discord really like Rex, but I’m of a similar mind to the people here that sadly his only real strong suit is as a shield breaker against shield heavy teams. And once you get the disk that allows him to deal extra damage to shields for the whole team, he excels at that role. But unless he’s filling that shield breaker role most of his stats just aren’t that amazing. He does have silence on his green that could pair well with Tia and he Yax disk, but I’d use Ralph over Rex for that since Ralph also has stuns and a limited self-heal to keep him alive and useful longer. He does have potential to live a little longer using the Mike disk for its damage reduction abilities, but unless you star it up a bit and have two or three damage heroes on the team I don’t know how much it will really help.

In summary, Rex is situationally useful against shields, but otherwise doesn’t offer anything a different tank couldn’t do better.
6/10
9/10 against shield teams.

Rex should get a buff. Same goes for Maui.

1 Like

And Felix, he’s infamous for being useless.

1 Like

At the first few chapters, he’s useful, as his Self-Healing sometimes goes over Yax’ Healing.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney