Chromebook City Watch Bugs, effects it has on the Anniversary update and City Watch Crates

Has anybody else noticed if you play on chromebook you cannot reset the city watch? It has made me pretty disappointed considering the fact that this update has completing Epic City Watch give you points for the co-op contest, I really like the Contest, but it would be a lot easier if I could reset the City Watch for the co-op contest, for City Watch Chip & Dale crates, and more.

@Loutre do you know if this will change before the co-op contest ends? I understand updates take a while and with everything thats going on it is probably hard to have the city watch moved before it ends, but I was just hoping that I could have a chance to do City Watch at all because my only device is my chromebook.

It’s an ugly, inconvenient workaround, even assuming it works, but: Could you try going into Settings → Device → Display and changing the display size? That might shift the reset button enough that it’s no longer being covered by the menu button.

I do hope that PerBlue is working on a more permanent solution on their end, though; it is quite annoying being able to easily reset City Watch on my phone but struggling to do so on my tablet.

Ok thank you for the tip!

We do not support the game on Chromebook. This is a mobile game and supported on mobile devices only.

2 Likes

before anyone jumps all over that interpreting it as “we do not approve of playing on Chromebook”… as, inevitably, they will…

That’s not what Loutre means - they just mean that the usage of the game on Chromebook is not sufficiently high to warrant spending time optimising the game for it, which is quite reasonable :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok uhm this is my only device so i’m sorry but I have a lot of characters and its harder for me because I cannot get all the characters because chip and dale only come from city watch so I don’t see how this is right. So @Loutre could you add chip and dale to maybe a prize wall so I could have a chance of getting them? I only need 13 more characters and I just really hoped to get all the characters.

Yes, but this problem affects mobile devices as well. Here’s a screenshot from my tablet:

With the menu button partially covering the reset button, most of the time when I try to reset City Watch, I end up pulling up the menu instead.

And a screenshot from my phone, where I don’t have this problem:

Should I contact in-game support about this issue and send them the screenshots?

EDIT: Tagging @Nugget on this too, just in case. (Hi!)

oh I see what you mean

unfortunately mine is fully covered :((

And It is also not fair because it is impossible for me to get every character because Chip & Dale are only in city watch crates so I don’t see how that is fair to everyone who only has a chromebook.

We do suggest you contact in-game support about this issue so that it can be investigated properly!

I resized my screen and now I can do city watch! Tysm @Jody_Caviness

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney