City watch and other stuff

Let’s talk about this for a minute. But first, I want to say I know there’s certain people who feel the need to say negative stuff about every post on here. So, if you don’t have anything constructive to add then don’t even bother commenting.

I know there are SEVERAL people who’ve asked for city watch matching to be reevaluated. A good portion of the time many of us can’t even make it past the 3rd fight in epic.

Yes, I understand it’s epic. I understand it’s supposed to be hard. I even understand, that based on RANDOM matchups, there may be several times where we won’t complete it. And that’s fine.

But to intentionally monitor the completion of CW, only for the purpose of making sure no one can complete it, is absolutely ludicrous.

City watch matchups are supposed to be random. Not “Oh hey guys, looks like they used up their free trial on city watch completions. Time to make it too hard to even get halfway through.”

I mean…you guys realize you are one of the only ones who operate a game like this, right? You take away our freedom to save stuff WE EARNED in the game (LIKE CRATES, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), take away our ability to go at a decent pace in the game without paying for stuff, take away our option to save our stuff for contests, the list goes on and on.

If we earn it, or if we PAY for it, who are you to tell us we can’t save it for contests or whatever else we choose?

Who are you people and how on earth have you been in business so long?

Oh wait…Dragon Souls.

4 Likes

Support can sometimes give incomplete or ill-informed replies, so that’s worth bearing in mind. I think what the agent is probably trying to say is that they don’t expect people to be able to complete Epic City Watch if they attempted it every time - ie. no matter what wards are in play. Certain combinations (eg. -Atk Speed & -Atk Damage) can be very difficult to complete - so PB expecting the completion rate to be less than 100% is probably accounting for people trying to take on those difficult combinations. All of their resource balancing in the game is based on % stats of gain vs. spend etc (which, of course are weighted to favour the player who purchases said resources) - I don’t think it’s entirely unreasonable for matchmaking to work in a similar way.

If the player picks their wards well and farms keys in Hard mode when they are particularly unfavourable, I don’t see any issue with being able to complete it. We’re also missing some context in the agent’s reply without knowing what the suggestion was :stuck_out_tongue:

City Watch matchmaking has already been rebalanced on a few occasions, with the recent-ish power & team lookup adjustment that’s just been rolled out to all servers making it significantly easier to pass than before, in my opinion.

4 Likes

The suggestion was to fix city watch pairing and rebalance it properly. It was rebalanced last before epic came out. The only thing they did otherwise regarding to epic was lower the amount of supplies you needed to upgrade skills. I’m well aware of how to choose the wards to make it easier. But the toons involved in it have nothing to do with that.

I’m well versed in strategy of how to beat them as well so don’t give me any lecture on that. You’re missing the whole point of the post.

1 Like

I agree, the matchmaking is still a problem even after the balance changes they’ve done. I think the problem is every time a new tier and level cap is raised, such in this case red 10 and level 185 cap, the heroes that we’re going against tend to be pushed up higher than they should. The last balance change they did worked great for a little while, so maybe @Polaris can incorporate a small balance check and matchmaking fix every few updates?

2 Likes

I wonder why veteran players don’t write about this matter… I’m bad at battle, but I dare to write.

CityWatch cancels most of players efforts. If players bring up characters, creeps become strong at the same time. The effective counter measure against this cancellation is combinations of limited characters. But character parameteres can be modified by the game company. Moreover, new characters are always more powerful than existing ones, players must raise them again. That is, CityWatch is not worth making effort, except for red skill chps.

In most games, players can proceed game play as they strengthen characters they have. In this sense, CityWatch is strange, may be illogical.

Surge has the same property. Moreover Surge difficulty heavily depends on the whole guild members power. If you want to get Surge tokens, join a guild where most members are inactive and low TL. You can easily complete Surge and get about 290 tokens everyday.

Anyway, CityWatch cancels players efforts. Just my opinion.

They do! :wave: :joy: I know plenty of veteran players who sit on both sides - those who find it straightforward, and those who find it too difficult. Those in this thread are veteran players, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I understand,. (So, they have already reached the conclusion…? Both side may be depelopper and player?)

1 Like

Sorry, iI possibly confused you, @Pipsqueak. I am bad at the battle in the game, especially manual battle, so I want experienced players in the forum (there must be many) to participate this topic. Please forget my previous post and continue discussion.

“Support can sometimes give incomplete or ill-informed replies, so that’s worth bearing in mind.“ - that’s a problem too for another day as a successful Company not only listens to feedback to better their product for consumer use, but everyone is on the same page to replying to costumers especially developers and support because how can you support someone for a product without knowing your product?

But anyways on the topic… I believe yes should be somewhat challenging like finding the right match ups to fight opponent, but should not be setup to fail from the getgo and matchups should be similar to players overall team and not 10 levels over the current max for said server. Especially in epic when the keys are so limited from hard mode. There needs to be a balance between those that want a challenge and those that just want to finish for keys and red skills, neither should be discouraged for just trying to enjoy the game their way.

2 Likes

City Watch is extremely difficult after the update because the Epic CW is updated immedistly because in every server there are players that don’t like to be 2nd best and will spend their inventory. Therefore, it increases the difficulty of CW (epic) immediately and make it impossible for players to even complete a few areas. Only way to continue of completion of more areas of Epic CW is to “buy” into the concept of the hungry PB cash cow, when in fact we have asked for a slower progression of the games lvl and gear increases (which seems to go on deaf ears).

2 Likes

Been playing every single day since beta two years ago. There’s tons of us here on the forum. I agree with your post. My whole point of this post is, it’s absolutely no secret that Mulan and Randall are way over powered. Most teams in arena challengers feature teams with those 2 as a pair on my server. They “fixed” city watch so less Randall’s would appear, and have now replaced it (at least in my CW experience) where almost EVERY team after the 2nd fight is all Mulan and Randall together. I mean it’s not hard with the right comp. But when I’m at 182, and my level cap is 185, why am I facing teams that #1 feature the most over powered heroes and #2 are level 255+? We’re nowhere close to that.

Support told me before that the game automatically “compensates” if your toons are too high for the randomization by adding levels above the level cap and I’ll tell you right now that is an outright LIE. My highest is 445k. I have 28.55 million power. There are literally 120 other people with higher power than me, and you’re telling me, you couldn’t find 15 teams out of those 120 with higher power? They’re telling me there’s absolutely no options so I won’t have to go against teams 100 levels higher than me? Uh huh. Talk about underhanded tactics, right? :thinking:

1 Like

CW matchmaking has always been scaled in some way to the players’ top 5 heroes power - so the whales splurging their resources immediately after a cap raise shouldn’t affect the city watch of those who don’t.

1 Like

While yes this is true, Randall isn’t the force he once was and certainly nowhere near Mulan in my opinion - the reason he appears so much in Arena is most likely to try to prevent quick fights :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to argue any point, just making an observation about Randall that could add context for why he appears a lot and suggest that it may not be because he’s overpowered :thinking:

1 Like

Please stop attacking Pip, this is off-topic and they haven’t done anything wrong.

Anyhoo, I agree that CW should stick to the server cap, and there should be a limit to how many times certain heroes can appear. If the difficulty needs to be raised, the mods each enemy has equipped should be boosted instead. A few extra advancements and upgrade levels would be more than sufficient.

1 Like

City Watch opponents are now taken from ALL PvP teams, and their power is adjusted to scale with your top 5. It’s normal to find opponents some levels above yours, or above the cap when you’re at max levels. So the chance of finding a Mulan/Randall team is the same as finding a team made of old weak heroes, and the chance of finding a well built team are the same as finding five random heroes. If you found that many Mulan(s), that’s just bad luck. (Won’t even talk about Randall since he isn’t really a problem).

Just did an epic CW today, and it was really fun and definitely not hard. Sure, I only found one Mulan, but I found a decent amount of Tigger, Beast, Peter Pan and other really annoying heroes. But, as you can keep energy from the previous fights, it’s not a problem. CW is a challenging gamemode, but it’s not even remotely impossible.

3 Likes

1 Like

Probably the one thing I most want to change about CW right now is nerfing some of the wards to make them at least possible; with red skills being so essential, it’s very frustrating to face a week of Shield wards knowing how little progress I can make against that just on its own. I can see how those, and teams 50 or 80 levels over the server max, could make a specific CW run impossible.

Have they changed things again, and I missed the announcement? When I was checking teams during spring, every single team I could look up had been pulled from coli, not arena.

1 Like

They could be taken from coli as far as I know. But they will be taken from ANY league. You could fight someone in challenger as someone in bronze, their team will be adjusted to your level (one in a low league will most likely have an easier team to beat tho)

3 Likes

Yeah I’m aware they’re taken from any league in coliseum. You guys are still focusing on the completely.wrong part of this post. But please continue.
.this is not about the difficulty or where the teams or pulled. I already said I’m aware we won’t beat it every time. Here let me show you.

This is about them intention monitoring CW completion to make sure we can’t beat it. That’s literally all this is about.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney