Collections Feedback!

I love collections. The borders motivate me, as well as the tiny buffs. I’d like to see more borders in the shop.

Also, I’m really happy that stitch is in several collections, but it feels like my pirate brethren are under represented. Maybe we need a seafarers with the pirates, Moana characters, little mermaid characters, and stitch?

It’s making me raid less, which is a double edged sword. I usually raid CW and surge to save time to play other modes. This making me actually battle those areas takes time away from other areas. The rewards to me are useless. The avatars and borders don’t make any difference whatsoever in the game play, and some of them are actually quite distracting in guild chat or VIP.

I do agree with everyone else that once you clear a level losing all the progress to heroes that weren’t maxed in that grouping is very annoying. I can see losing the progress of the 3, 5, or 10 you used to unlock the collection, but losing the progress of the others is unfair.

Nothing inappropriate about this response. I genuinely want to know why you want feedback. And in a topic asking for feedback, that’s fair.

I’d like a category for Wreck it Ralph Characters, in Collections

And perhaps one for Princesses? One for Villains?

I’m enjoying collections, but it takes forever, and it’s hard to get the heroes I want leveled up because it’s only for surge/city watch/invasion, and invasion isn’t 7 days a week. With only three modes that qualify for collecting, and one of those modes only available 5 days a week, it’s frustrating to try to keep referencing which heroes I need to use to get collected.

So, gotta say I love the Collections idea. I’m an achievement hunter at heart and this collection mode is awesome.
I am enjoying the completionist aspect for each mode, trying to get certain heroes more wins than others.
Some improvements I would suggest are as follows:
-Display a progress tracker after each “qualifying” mission/quest for the heroes used.
-Display the hero’s collection status’ when selecting them in the pre-mission menu.
-Add diverse TEAM collections for using 5 unique heroes or certain combinations of certain heroes in a mission for their collection to be Completed.
I am motivated mostly to complete the collections and attain all the avatar rewards. I think making more than just those modes count towards the collection will help people want to get it done.
My favorite collections so far are the themed (non-role) ones such as: Toy Story, Zootopia, etc…
Collections I would like to see are as follows:
Underdogs: each player’s lowest heroes in a variable group that’s always changing and helps them grow those heroes better!
Wild Animals: Stitch,Scar, Zootopia heroes, Rex, etc.
House of Villains: Mal, Hades, Ursula, Zurg, Scar, etc.
Best buds: (use together)… Mike & Sully, Woody & Buzz, etc
Classics: Mickey, Robin Hood, Herc, DWD, Merlin and other old movie/show characters
Pirates otC: Pirates heroes

Lastly, maybe a RAINBOW collection for having a certain number of heroes in each COLOR rank… Whites, Greens, Blues, Purples, Oranges, etc ( this one would be difficult to address).

Other than that, I will keep thinking about this. So far Masters Council is Loving the collection building. I will post more when I can think of them.

What am I enjoying?
Filling out the collections is enjoyable, as is unlocking avatar borders/badges.

What could be improved?
Adding Arena/Coli would be nice.

What motivates me to complete collections?
Really only for enjoyment. The buffs aren’t a major concern where I’m forced to if I want to be competitive, which is good. The other rewards (Gold, exp drinks, etc) are too small for me to care, but I understand that it’s not going to be a generous amount.

What collections are my favorites?
I suppose Zootopia, but only because I’ve invested a lot of resources into all the characters in it.

What collections would I like to see added?
Collections for the other status afflictions (Blind, slow, silence, freeze, curse, scare, study, invincibility, speed gain, invisibility, knockback, maybe a team for unique effects like Meg’s link and Mickey’s “Tooned Up.”) Collections for major teams of characters such as PotC and Hercules. Maybe one for frontline damagers as well?

Extra ideas for collections
Adding costume threads to the Collections Shop would be nice. Maybe 50-100 tokens for 10 threads?

I don’t really like the idea that you need a specific amount of stars to complete it but it’s a cool idea. Guess collections is meant for the high tier players who have many stars on their heroes

1 Like

Would like to see arrows at the collection level to navigate from one collection to the next. Instead of having to tap twice to go back to see a different collection

3 Likes
  • What are you enjoying?
    I enjoy that it’s not another time commitment to accomplish things in the game. Generally speaking, you can go about your normal routine and add progress without knowing.

• What could be improved?
    If the rewards were more impactful it would make obtaining them a higher priority. However, making them more powerful would create an even bigger rift between free to play and paid players.

Also, I find the current UI to be difficult to navigate. Maybe including a grayed out for missing enhancements and a % to next achievement would help me know what to focus on.

• What motivates you to complete collections?
    Seeing that I’m close to the next reward.

• What collection(s) are your favorites?
    N/a

• What collections would you like to see added
    Damage over time bonuses

I agree with it taking to long

@Polaris I suggest you roll collections out to another server this update and get some more feedback, having 1 server with access won’t be that helpful

@Polaris

• What are you enjoying?
    Rn, I am enjoying the collection mode just like a goal, I will compare it as the challenge mode we were given, it´s more time taking, yet it gives a real buff reward. I can totally feel this mode to be permanent.

• What could be improved?
    Two things I feel that can be really improved:
    1st and most important, please make it easier to sort heroes, entering collection by collection to see what groups each heroes is in and what´s their progress is too time taking, almost making a spreadsheet for it, but why? It´s just a game, meant to be fun.
    2nd I think it´s not an issue yet, but updates for more diversified collections should be fast. After some people getting a “full” collection, it already should have some new ones coming.

• What motivates you to complete collections?
    In my case, I like most things completed, Im always at 100% completion in challenges each end of week. And the buffs are nice, makes your heroes unique. More customizations are always a good way to go to avoid our old “Quorra Line” issues.

• What collection(s) are your favorites?
    Stun, Charm and Damage… Oh and Toy Story, have to mention it, since its my son’s fav.

• What collections would you like to see added?
    Villains, Heroes, Pirates, Wizards, Healers, Musicians and etc. Possibilities are infinite with this mode.

1 Like

Amei, podem acionar mais coisas :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess this thread is a sign that collections will be added soon to all servers

Thanks Server 2! We’re working on some improvements to the feature based on your feedback.

One of which is coming in 1.10: Progress now only resets for heroes needed to complete a level, not ALL heroes in the collection.

1 Like

El simple hecho de coleccionarlos me gusta, ademas deberian ponerle algo mas a la de los tanques y están bien

okay. i didn’t make it the full week of actually trying to pay attention to which toons i was working on. that requires way more effort than i’m willing to contribute. i did continue to run CW manually (ugh) and not use raids in surge unless necessary, but i did that much on the week i ignored it, so…
PROS: 1) can be “background function”. you do not have to pay attention to collections - it will happen or not as long as you use some variation of toons. The more toons you have to alternate in modes, the quicker you progress the collections. 2) many people enjoy the customization that borders allow and they’re easy enough to obtain (judging by the multitude i see in chat, i haven’t bothered with it). 3) various choices and some heroes overlap, so you’re not bound to the same choice as everyone else in game - you can do your own thing. 4) Best i can tell, there’s no real way for P2P players to gain a major advantage over F2P. of course, having more toons as valid options helps, but that’s true in every game mode. i’ve seen nothing (yet - and i hope not to) which allows any player to straight out purchase this benefit.
CONS: 1) if someone wants to focus on a particular buff/collection, the back and forth is tedious. and since Invasion is probably the most beneficial mode for collections, you’re kind of limited to the toons you can TRY to work on each week. personally, i choose to ignore it and let it happen, but several players would much rather be able to easily work towards a goal - it’s very difficult to tell where you are in terms of progress on any given toon or collection without switching screens repeatedly. 2) The buffs are said by PB to be minimal, but several players already have multiple buffs on toons, and it makes more of a difference than i thought it might. This may break down to the difference between focus collectors and background collectors, but PB said the buffs were not meant to be game-changing. Perhaps limiting the amount of buffs per toon to 2 or 3 (let the player choose which buffs to equip) is something to consider. 3) it does require more than just a top 15 or 20 toons to complete more than 1 or 2 collections. (yes, i know this is somewhat contradictory to a listed PRO). this is where newer or F2P players will get left behind - or left out. 4) the star requirement per level is not necessary. a viable toon at any star level should be able to meet the requirement. PB has said not all toons need to be maxed to enjoy the game - prove it by giving us a mode that does not require a majority of toons to be maxed in order to gain a simple little perk.
another thought: add friendship campaign to qualifying battle modes. this actually might give F2P a slight advantage (a balance desperately needed in this game) to work towards a few collections faster than those that have most or every toon and disc maxed.

This might be too late to add this but I’ll post it anyway. Once finished with a collection they just stay there. It would be nice to have them go to the end of the line up or to a finished collections page so they are out of the way and you can keep track of what is completed better. For example I finished the Wonderland collection. It is always the first one and I have to scroll past it all the time. If more would be added to it then it could be moved back. Just a thought.

1 Like

If would be nice that the progress of mastered heroes still counted while waiting for other heroes in the same category. So that when we are done with others, we could move on to the next level

For example: Charm Collection, Brown 1, I use Nick for 20 times in CW, mean while my Megara and Mad Hatter is used 10 times. So, if I win another fight with Nick, Megara and Mad Hatter, the progress should be: 21 - 11 - 11, NOT 20-11-11

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney