Community Question: How many characters can you keep up a month skill wise?

Hi, thought it could be interesting to hear how many characters can keep up with per month in terms of the 4 core skills, as in White to Purple :-).

I think I figured out a formula how many characters you can keep up with per month depending on how much gold you gain and your costs.
The formula being: ( 28 days x 20 skill points) / How much gold you gain per day in how many skills per day that equals = About how characters and their 4 core skills you can keep with a month with the gold per month.

My parameters are: Level 185, skill costs being around 500K. VIP 0, gold gain per day being around 2.5 million. 2.5 million / 500K = 5, so I earn about enough gold to pay for 5 skills per day.
Disney Heroes get a new level cap about every 28 days I think.

So my version would be this: (28 / 20) x 5 = 7 characters.
For days it would be this: (7 x 20) / 5 = 28 days.

So yeah, depending on the month I can probably keep up with between 6-7 characters a month when looking just at the skill costs themselves.

So if anyone are up for it, it would be cool to hear how many characters other people here can keep up with character wise a month using this formula :-).

2.5m gold a day seems very low at 185?

VIP9, I think I get around:

• surge: 12m (20m but accounting for merc hire)
  • port (halved): 2m
  • city watch: 1.5m
  • quests / other: maybe 1m total

16.5m * 28 = 462m gold per cap

• Contest rewards, crates, other stuff = maybe 500m per cap

500m gold / 500k cost = 1000 skills

1000 skills / 20 per hero = 50 heroes

This is probably about right, but of course the reality is nowhere near that if we account for badge crafting which is probably at least 8m per hero per rank at R10-R11.

So… if I wanted to keep up a full coli team at R11 (impossible because of stamina, but that’s different), that’s 120m, meaning I could only keep 380m for skills - that’s 38 heroes.

Also not accounting for the increase in skill cost (it’s a lot more than 500k per skill from 185-190), or for the desire to promote new heroes which is a lot more expensive cumulatively, or for red skills which are more expensive than standard, or for badge enhancing which can be very helpful to hero stats

I didn’t count in Surge as I usually don’t gain all that much from it a day I think since I tend to go for safety and as such the hires get a bit more expensive, which is partly due to that there aren’t enough good hire characters for the regions I usually do.

But yeah I earn around 1.50M in City Watch per day and 2 million from the Port, so halved it to represent per day. Together it is about 2.5 million.
But yeah, I am VIP 0 so that’s probably the main reason why it is about 2.5 and that I go for safer hires in Surge.

But yeah, when adding in the quest gold it would be a bit more, though I should probably check it tomorrow to be sure I include all the gold. At least with what I can see right now I get at least 291 900 more per day, but not enough to a full skill point anyway even with the extra quest gold.

Anyway, for me it is 2.M * 28 = 70M gold per cap. If 3M it is 84M gold per cap, maybe 100M-120M with extras yeah.

100M Gold / 500K cost = 200 skills.
200 skills / 20 per = 10 characters, though I know I that’s too high for me.

If doing 70M I get 7 characters and if I go with 84M I get 8.4 characters in the end which sounds closer to how many characters I manage to keep up with. (Wait… . Basically how many millions you earn per cap seem to directly indicate how many characters you actually can afford to focus on, or at least with that formula. Interesting).

I think this should probably be about right for me as well, but yeah of course like you said badge crafting and other costs would make it be in actuality more expensive. Guild Aid is on of the extra costs and especially Red skills, but I just need 20-30 million more as I only need 2-3 more Red skills unlocks.

Interesting, I can’t keep with that many characters anyway, but it is cool to see :-).

Yeah, not taking with the actual increase in the skill cost increasing, and I think I more so before could get 6-7 skills per day compared to 5 or so today, so there have been an increasing gap somewhere if I remember correctly. I don’t really focus all that much on Red skills beside the unlocks, but for badge enchanting I do a bit of it yeah for the daily mission.

In any case, thanks for taking part in the topic Pipsqueak. really appreciate and was interesting to read your side as well :-).

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney