Competitive Meta discussion: June 2020

Cool idea!

I think you could add a part on Hiro in the Anti-Meta category, due to his ability to counter pretty much any hero (except Anger and maybe Mulan) reliably, pairing that with not very long but very well placed stuns and way above average damage (Darkwing Disk). He’s pretty frail, but the dodge kinda makes up for it a bit.

Also, he should be able to dodge disables, if they decide to finally fix this bug that affects all dodgers.

3 Likes

You’re not just talking in theory are you? I haven’t encountered Hiro in ranked matches since before Red 0 was introduced. And unfortunately for me, my Hiro is not up to date to be properly tested. Would you be able to showcase how he does in the current meta? I’m genuinely curious about his potential.

so the question is… who needs to be tested and researched I am not that experienced but willing to help!

Amazing as all ways!!!

Hiro is my main control character. This is what I’ve accomplished thanks to Hiro (Da) in my team:

• I’ve countered Randall, even before his nerf, easily with him, because his skill targets the enemy with the highest HP (usually Megabot), and then he can’t survive Microbot Stun.

• He can counter freeze teams as long as he’s protected from freezes (I use Donald for this).

• His DW disk makes him a powerful backline sniper, which means heroes like Animal and Joy, and especially Meg, won’t have it easy.

• He also builds SP super fast, which means the 2nd Microbot Stun (which will most likely hit frontliners) will be an easy shot for most characters. I literally had him luckily dodging Pooh’s active and then one-shotting him with the blue skill.

• I’ve won many fights against older meta teams (like the Randall/Hook/Animal and Beast centered teams), and even some newer metas, because after my other heroes had been K.O.ed, enemies sticked on attacking Megabot, and Hiro just took them down with a single blue skill. This happened once with Li Shang too.

• While he can’t stop Beast alone, his contribution to that is significant.

• He’s pretty frail, but his dodge helps with this. Sure, he needs to be careful for backline snipers, but the only character I’ve seen seriously threatening him is Anger. Mulan could be problematic too, but I honestly haven’t fought her enough to say for sure.

Having the DW disk is essential for him to jump from high B tier to nearly S though. I’ve only seen the Baymax disk being used above red, except mine, which may be why he’s so underrated. He’ll gain that 400 starting energy quickly anyway, it’s nothing much.

2 Likes

I would say Miguel can be a meta. you have said this, and he is very strong unless he gets stunned

I also think there is a hero missing in the anti-meta section: Zurg

Although he is very frail and susceptible to interruptions, he is a great damage dealer. But only with his red skill.

When channeling “Ion Cannon”, Zurg can damage all heroes, and deal massive damage, no matter what amount of reality they have.

With his Rex disk, he can deal more damage to Tank enemies, but the only meta tank is Pooh, who is usually frail. So it is somewhat useless in the meta. But he could be useful against Goliath

Although he may not require anyone to KO a whole team, he’ll need a few allies to keep him standing. Like Tron, Shang, and potentially Genie.

2 Likes

Stitch

Overpower Most Powerful 3 Star, With His Blue Skill. Blue Is True Damage.

@Filadae_Djaq I definitely see the potential you see with Zurg. In fact, I’ve dealt with his power before a few times! In all cases, his red skill made such a massive difference. Ion Blast melts through HP faster than any healer could reasonably keep up with. That said, there’s no way he could be strong against Goliath.

@Phal That’s great info! Tell me, what mods do you have on him? Do these mods have upgrades too? If players plan on investing on Hiro, what tips do you have in terms of best teammates in this current meta environment?

2 Likes

This would be the case for almost all heroes, so…

These are his current mods.
20 blue skill levels
The Armor is upgraded twice, the reality once.

So much more can be done with mods, and he’s already amazing.

If you can keep him alive without HP mods, a full SP set will send his damage to extreme levels, but I prefer having him more resistant and make him build his own SP over time (it doesn’t take much anyway, if he has the DW disk)

So tell me why Zurg “can be strong” against Goliath.

I didn’t say that…

I was trying to imply that your statement wasn’t necessarily specific to Zurg, just as a note to everyone

So what did you mean with this?

I said “could”

That was before I reviewed Goliath’s skillset

1 Like

I was thinking of Zurg’s Rex disk when I was writing that sentence

Not to be nitpicky but, it’s not really true, unless you forgotten to add statement of mods.
2% chance to crit isn’t “high”

:heavy_plus_sign: she doesn’t have armor negation

And where’s the fox? :upside_down_face:

Ah, I definitely meant the crit damage. But tell us more about the fox though.

Referring to Nick, mine who’s nowhere near maxed gives all allies an extra 660k skill power at the start of every battle, which grows every time he summons a lemming :smile:

His shield for the front-most hero is also pretty beefy, and his shuriken pops can take out a lot of things in 1 hit if they all land on the same hero

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney