Concepts: If/When to Include Battle Badges?

So, with Yellow coming soon, there’s an important question for concept-making: should we include Battle Badges in concepts, and if so, when is an appropriate time?

My thoughts are that they aren’t very important, since the majority of players won’t be remotely close to unlocking them for months, possibly years to come. But for power players who have a deep understanding of how the game works, they could be excellent for adding synergy or encouraging a certain scenario. However, it could take some time to understand how they affect gameplay, so using them too soon will be sloppy and could come across as overexcited. :thinking:

What does the community think?

When should Battle Badges be used in concepts?
  • Whenever they’re first released to higher servers
  • Several weeks/a month after they’re first released to higher servers
  • Whenever they’re available on all servers
  • Several weeks/a month after they’re available on all servers
  • Later
  • Never

0 voters

Who should use Battle Badges in concepts?
  • Everyone
  • Only experienced concept creators
  • Only power players who understand how they work
  • Only those who want to
  • No one
  • Other

0 voters

13 Likes

It’s not really complicated thing, and I think the creator of the concept should decide.

11 Likes

For me, I will not be, since it is becoming harder to know how skills are phrased and how the game works in some aspects. However, I will applaud anybody who does.

12 Likes

I really think we should. As concept-makers, we should try to make our concepts as seemingly-legit as possible, even if we can’t reach that level ourselves. After all, these concepts are meant to apply to all servers.

But of course, it’s the concept-maker’s decision to include battle badges. I am just stating my opinion.

Regarding the poll:

To the people voting for “Never”, why not? What do you have against battle badges? Battle badges and red skills will be almost the same thing. If anything, battle badges will be easier to create.

And to those voting “several weeks after they are released on all servers”, I just wanna let you all know that that will take over a year. Too long. For me at least.

I assume they mean they don’t ever plan to.

Presumably, this would mean by the time they’re familiar with them, along with the people reading the concepts.

Yep. I might try it one day though. Hoping someone makes a guide on all the game mechanics for concepts including the battle badges. It would be a very helpful resource!

Yeah. It just gives people time and stuff like that. People can add them whenever though. I see no problems with doing whatever you want with them.

Requiring them in concept contests is a different story though. I am against that completely.

1 Like

I may include them sometime down the line, but I think I’m going to wait a while until then, just so I can take some time and learn how they work first so that I integrate them as accurately as I can.

1 Like

I wonder if the battle badges will appeared in Wakkatu because seeing the battle badges without having the game is going to be difficult
And giving my opinion:

When should Battle Badges be used in concepts?
I mean never because not many will have that option available (either because they are not in Yellow or do not play the game)

Who should use Battle Badges in concepts?
Vote “Only those who wants to”
That should be optional but if you want to make your concepts more “realistic” like in the game you should include them

I would think they’d be added on there at some point soon, right?

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney