Constant Homophobia/racism

Hello Forum members/PB,

I have a question as well as feedback.
There is a player on S21 that I have reported numerously for being racist and homophobic in VIP chat.
I wont tag & drag his name, but most people in S21 will know who I am talking about.
I reported him numerously for racist comments he made, homophobic comments he made, if not a combination of both and I always feel like I get the same generic reply from the support staff
“We’ll look into that, here is where you can mute him.”

I know for a fact that said player has been reported numerously by myself and others.
And at this point im really wondering. Is he just not getting any punishment because he is A) one of the top 3 players and B) has spent near if not more than 20k on this game? That he can get away with it.
He breaks quite a few rules in the TOS on a daily basis, but does not get any punishment for breaking the rules, while PB clearly states that breaking those rules can result into punishment.

So what gives? For the life of me, I dont understand how his behaviour is allowed to go rampant.
Its been months that he’s been allowed to make the comments and nothing changes.
I principally dont wanna mute him because I want to be able to give the signal to PB once things are not okay.

So, please, Perblue, can you shed some light on this matter?
and forumfolk, any ideas on how to handle this further?

Kind regards.

30 Likes

This person sounds like a very rude and offensive person. Just tell your friends to block him and just keep playing the game as you wish. I hope that this person stops soon.

4 Likes

I agree. And also, stay away from chat on 21, it is a extremely negative server with horrible bullying, namecalling, etc. But do what you want first of all.

7 Likes

While I agree with both Xavier and Doof about S21 being really bad, PB should not be allowing those kinds of things to happen. There are kids on this game. Some of which are under 13 because nobody really listens to that ever. I would encourage you to block them along with everyone else. If he has nobody to talk to or can be ignored by a majority of the server, they would not be as much of a problem and would have nobody to attack.

7 Likes

I guess adding on, try sending proof through Support if it doesn’t help at all then block the people who are causing it. You can always chat with your guild or in another server. And, yeah S21 is pretty bad.

That is an understatement.

I know, but I don’t really want to say much. Well, if I’m honest yeah it’s toxic waste.

I’ve never entirely understood when people say “so and so is being rude, but I’m not going to block them because I want to continue to read their rude comments” :man_shrugging: the button is there for a reason!

The only reason people send rude chat on an online game is to get a reaction out of whoever they are trying to cause offence to - if they find themselves just getting blocked, it would get boring very quickly.

That said, I don’t believe PB would give any sort of preferential treatment to a player because of how much they may or may not have spent. AFAIK it’s not actually possible to properly report someone without first blocking them in any case, so if enough people have justifiably done so, I’d expect a chat suspension at the least, which can escalate to a longer suspension, a chat ban or even an account ban if the offence is severe or repeated enough.

If S21 really is that bad, maybe support have a lot of reports to comb through :stuck_out_tongue: though if it’s been ongoing for months, that does seem too long.

13 Likes

Server 21’s chat is about as welcoming/good as where soos’s grandma claims his grandpa is. If you know what I mean

3 Likes

It’s inappropriate. You made a jab at PerBlue.

This is why we need moderaters in each server that have the power to chat ban people.

I used to play a game where the company would get trustworthy members to moderate the chat in a game. They could hand I chat silencing which could go from a couple of hours all the way up to 999 years lol.

Worked on that game and the company is not a small company.

Why not use people who have regular status on the forums and give them the mod tool for there own servers

1 Like

PLEASE block and report. I repeat that so many times everyday and really wish everyone would take it to heart. This is a game. I assume most people are here to have fun, and the best way to do that is to block the chat of people who are not being fun.

I understand the desire to hold people accountable for bad behavior - that’s why you can report them!

We take action on all the reports we receive - VIP players do not get special consideration and they are silenced just the same as players who don’t spend money. Spending money isn’t a pass to break the rules.

21 Likes

Even when you block someone, you can still see their chat spar results and see other people talking to them, unaware what he/she had done.

Blocking by player isn’t a solution. Blocking is sweeping the problem under the rug and pretending it doesn’t exist.

It is PerBlue , not the player, who should block them and for a long time as I keep witnessing that harassment on the regular basis. So what if he gets silenced for 24hrs, it’s just one day and they’re back to harassment again.

4 Likes

Good to know its not just a preferential treatment.
Because it really feels that way sometime.
Ill block him from now on, hoping I wont get sidecontext and still be able to have fun in the game.
I do agree with what Mystie said in that regard, but if this is how it works, ill follow it.

Taking in there are players who blocks and report just for disagreeing with them or having a opinion they don’t like I find the system we have now ok.

I mean some take offense to the smallest things sometimes considering someone a bully and doing harrashment for 1 word that the rest is fine with.

Block works what I wish would be for the person blocked to also not see when the person who blocked them are writing.

Very annoying talking to people who blocked you and think they are rude for not answering lol all because you forgot you were blocked.

Before you say anything look at first statement.

1 Like

That said, the winner of the contest this week got mass blocked by a guild and now has a chatsilence.
Gotta love S21 antics. While also calling out said person I mentioned for another case of homophobia.
Atleast im glad I have him blocked atm.

I’m also in S21 and the toxic behavior is horrible at times. It’s the reason why i stay out of the chat and stayed away from the top guilds in general. I can’t say that I agree with the “just block them” answer… it shouldn’t be allowed at all and the “out of sight, out of mind” approach on something of this nature is a little disturbing. Yeah, I don’t have to see it if I block them but what about everyone else? What about kids who won’t know to block the player?

And also on that note, blocking solves it for that one person… meanwhile the offender gets to continue assaulting members. So the answer is for that person to continue to harass and then be blocked by each person one by one? How many times until something is actually done about it?

I hope that people are wrong about it being a money issue but it’s really hard to spin this any other way.

You can only report someone after having first blocked them. If you don’t report people, no action can be taken. “so and so is being rude” doesn’t hold up as evidence - reported chat logs do!

1 Like

You’re right, they shouldn’t be allowed to continue breaking the chat rules. That’s why the action taken by players should be block then report. The chat logs are captures and sent to us for review and we do take action.

Money is not a factor in how the chat rules are enforce - we enforce the rules equally regardless of how much money a players has spent. Spending money does not give license to players to break the rules.

14 Likes

Well, more of have been reporting on his behaviour and blocking him, so thats a win.
He’s also been getting chatsilenced so atleast im / we’re some results now.

Only one question though;
He’s been saying things in chat about having influence within PB, and that the people who silenced him are being fired by perblue?
And that he got money/chips from PB because he appealed his ban.
I doubt this is accurate right? Though I find it interesting he’s saying these things in chat.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney