Contest for this weekend?

Waiting for announcemet to decide what resources to spend/collect. It’s up now ty. So for the co-op contest the whole server gets progress rewards as it reaches them and end of contest rank rewards are based on your individual contribution?

They’ll be posted in around 40 minutes

1 Like

New contest in player appreciation week and prizes only go down to rank 200 is very poor offering, what about the other normal ranks

1 Like

@Polaris some further detail on how co-op contest works?

Co-Op server contests are a new type of contest where you’ll be working together with everyone else on your server to earn points towards the Progress rewards. Whenever the community reaches a new Progress Reward tier together, everyone will be awarded the prize as long as they’ve participated in the contest. Much like our other contests, any points you earn individually will also count towards your individual rank and the higher the rank you achieve the better the rewards you can earn.

4 Likes

Rank rewards go to top 200 on each server only? Not top 75%?

2 Likes

Player appreciate week for you. Only reward the top 200 whales that spend a tonne :+1:

5 Likes

@Polaris do I have to participate before progress is completed to receive the rewards?

No. If some of the progress rewards are unlocked before you participate, you’ll be able to collect them once you’ve earned points in the contest.

5 Likes

Is it correct that only the top 200 ranking players on each server can earn any Rank rewards for this contest? On most servers, that’s less than 10% (or even on some, less than 5%).

2 Likes

@Polaris

Please clarify the Rank Rewards. My server is in deep discussion how unfair that the top 200 (which is basically the top 5%) gets rewards FOR A CONTEST SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED THE COOPERATION OF THE ENTIRE SERVER.

It’s so capitalistic. Ugh real life sucks

3 Likes

@Polaris, I see influence at 6:1 is the main means of scoring in this competition.
Are Perblue aware that a good potion of the highest scoring players (those that will score in the top 200) will come from guilds that have maxed their Guild Perks?

This is a cooperative contest, so the primary goal is to earn all the progress rewards together. In these types of events, it’s going to be the top players that put in the most points, so the rank rewards are an acknowledgement of that extra effort to help everyone on the server get to the top progress rewards.

2 Likes

Even if the guild has max influence, players will still earn points for any guild influence they gain during the contest.

2 Likes

Okay then I definitely find this whole “Player Appreciation Week” totally disingenuous and fake.

PAST CONTESTS applied a Ranking system, that allowed for people to place certain percentages to CLAIM REWARDS (top 5%, top 10%, top 25%, top 50%, etc.) That allowed for at least HALF OF THE SERVER TO CLAIM A PRIZE. THIS CURRENT CONTEST JUST BENEFITS THE TOP 200 INDIVIDUALS. That’s insane!!!

HYPOTHETICALLY, if your server has 10,000 individuals in it, only 200 players get the rewards, based on this current contest rules. 50,000 players… still 200 individuals. How is this “player appreciation” when you only reward the top 200?? This is rather elitist for my taste…

3 Likes

Oh @Polaris This is a bad move tbh… Arena, CW & friend XP - Not sure that is totally geared towards the top players as you suggest. Will be disheartening for the effort that everyone puts in for the 201st person. Considering the event will finish at stupid o’clock in the morning for our timezone, we wont be able to hit hard over the last couple of hours to remain in the top 200 if everyone else in a decent timezone get to thrash the last few hours while we sleep for work the following day…

1 Like

So u acknowledge that the top 200 will carry most of the burden, but the rank rewards don’t really reflect that. 15 scrooge chips for bottom half of the players u expect to carry an entire server?
Way more than 200 players will have to carry their weight in this contest, even if some are able to carry less (by design of scoring, not necessarily effort). But I’m not seeing much motivation. Progress rewards do not come close to compensating for the minimalistic rank rewards. Those same 100 people would’ve gotten much better rewards from the typical 5% ranking.
Solo deals, deal value changes, invasion and war still not worth the effort, lack of resource availability to match demand, continued imbalance of toons, constant increases… lots of negativity from your customers lately. But, hey, we have more toons to collect - only the top 100 or so can collect them all though, and only the top 50 or so have a shot at making them viable.

5 Likes

I can’t understand why they have to make every bad decision after a good one? For what? To teach us that, life doesn’t go the way we want???

If you want to make the whales happy, create a solo contest for them to battle each other, then give them appropriate rewards. But no, you have to make a server contest then reward only the top 200!!!

If you hate us F2P and small spenders that much, have the gut to come out and say that to our faces. Don’t hide behind nice words and pretend otherwise!!!

I’m excited to see how the first co-op contest goes!

Only an hour or so in but 16 doesn’t seem terribly excited yet.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney