Contests - February 14-21

But the FTN contest doesn’t depend on power, it depends on economy.

Almost every, if not: every, contest has never been about power. It has always been about who made the most points. But to accumulate more points, you needed that money.

2 Likes

Yes, power but power of wallet.
Just like now.

1 Like

Isn’t that what I am saying?

I liked the City Faire contests, spending currency to get rewards.
Conversely, I disliked the XP potion drinking contest–it felt like it came out of nowhere, and hasn’t been repeated, so should one stockpile them or not? I also dislike strongly the themed “use these heroes” as, like many, I have to pick and choose who I focus on.

New tasks? Focus on what (e.g. Clear City Watch stages) rather than who (e.g. Use an Incredible).

What makes contests fun is actively competing. I got to 750,000 on the Villaintine’s contest just by running 2-hour friend missions. It was minimally successful, but totally passive and no fun. But since I haven’t focused on a villain roster, there was no other choice.

1 Like

I haven’t seen a heist related contest. It would be nice to have one.

Server wide contests and city fair contests. During server wide events it’s really nice to actually work together with such a big group of other players.

Usually the the rewards were my main motivation. But since about a year, the rewards have been severely lacking. We used to get stamina refills, shop tokens and port and trials resets. All very useful and very difficult to obtain items.

Contests also used to be reachable. A challenge is nice, but sometimes it’s really impossible to just reach max progression tiers.

Team Level 157, Server 5.

5 Likes

The last contest was actually better than usual, at least for me. Mixing my team with the villains needed for it, I managed to do CW against mostly red characters with my main characters (mostly on red too) and my villains (all O0-O1) whithout losing basically anyone. And I didn’t even have Magica nor Facilier (got Magica from the 1M prize now).
Am I the only one who finds easy CW actually easy tho? (Even against Randall)

1 Like

コンテストに参加したユーザーの進行状況報酬は、必ずスタミナとゴールドにしてほしい。
そうすれば、レベルの低いユーザーも次のコンテストまでにヒーローを育てる励みになると思います。

Make sure that users who participate in the contest have their stamina and gold rewards.
Doing so will encourage low-level users to grow their heroes by the next contest.

My favorite contest are mostly the badge bits, clean infected areas or get friendship points.

Also, who doesn’t love the server contest and guild ones? teamwork shows in those kind of events how the community can put aside differences (P2W and F2P) to work in a common goals. It’s wonderful seeing that.

Heist fights (thief, bodyguard, etc)
defeat x heroe in campaign mode
curse, scare, transform, etc.
Donate to your guildmates gold, xp, energy.

Etc. Things that animate to do different things and explore new functions in-game. Also…
Have you considered make events like a mini campaign and get currency that can be exchange for limited time (badge crates, events spotlight heroes chips, etc.)

Mostly i do it for the rewards the progress ones because i can’t compete against the biggest whales of the server. And if they are for at least unlock at 1 star the new heroes i love it.

Winterbotton server 2, level 160.

1 Like

Haters don’t like ‘em.

I love ‘em. It is a guaranteed 10M/50M points

3 Likes

I want anything that’s new and unique. You guys run the same contests on a rotation. The rewards for these contests have been very low and repetitive as well. I’d like to see high rarity badges as rewards when you choose to offer us badges (for example, my servers highest rarity is r5 so instead of 10-20 orange badges offer us 10 red badges). This is better considering 1 full red badge costs 5-10k stamina.

I also think rewards for FTN should be significantly higher, considering the amount of work and expensive resources it takes to reach 1 mil or reach a decent rank.

I agree with others, heist-related or guild related contest would be fun.

I feel the guild contests should be more guild related, like donating to guild members, completing stages in surge, earning influence, maybe even war sabotages since you haven’t run token contests in a while. Guild contest tasks should be anything that improves the guild, in addition to a couple tasks outside that since there aren’t a whole lot of guild-related options.

2 Likes

Even tho is not very well balanced, Cw/surge is what I like most. It gives more purpose of having an objective to aim for, using our heroes and skills.

Heists - Defeat certain of x creep or thieves get x points
Achieve x number of white circles, clues or ambushes get x points.
Find x number of hideouts get x points.

Campaign - during the period of the event heroes with available costumes can spawn in the campaign. “Hero creeps” have a 50% chance to spawn with a costume.
Defeat x number of “hero creeps” with a costume, get x points.

Or

Momma bots have a chance to spawn in the campaign after the 3rd wave of the level. In raids a message will pop up that a bot appeared (just like videos crates) and must accept to face it.
Defeat x number of momma bots to get x points.

I shouldn’t actually answer to this one, because almost no contest is actually fun for me except guild and server wide contest. Everything cooperative, is amazing.

Very first contest that debut in this game was in Cw by using the Incredibles. That was preety good and fun. There was barely any heroes available at that time, so everyone almost had them at disposal, only the skill or knowledge to compete was essential to push foward.
But things changed. There is a higher roster inside game, but you always choose 5 and always the new ones where no one had the time to work on them. Either spread the roster to give players more to choose from or just input winning matches with any hero gaining less points, seperate from the highlighting ones which gives more.

Don’t get me wrong on this next one, sometimes it is a brief of relief to do something easy and relax just like using resources for points.
Problem is that almost all contests are just that.
And on top of that, have to accumulate all resources until there is a contest. I like to level my heroes or my items without the feel of beeing tied up. But cannot or else the contest performance ends in a failure without a chance to rise.

The rewards haven’t been very impressive but are ok, completely subjective. In the last few contests crates which contains badges and bazaar tokens have been the best reward on top of having a chance to unlock new hero. Those are always welcome which gives some hope to increase the player’s roster.
But a few rewards are just simply gone…like the majority of the consumables, double drop campaign, ticket trials and port, stamina boost, etc.
Yes those are extremely good but not godlike tier, why not make an appearance from time to time like old days?
Don’t feel hesitant to give out sometimes something good that is worth the players time and resourses.

This isn’t the old DHBM with just a few heroes to work on. We are near reaching the 100 hero roster, turning it into a hero collection base game.

2 Likes

FTN contests are the worst. They are a cash grab. I said what I said.

Definitely rotate the characters that receive chips from the contest rewards more often. Use more character chips as a reward since so many things use character chips now (Mods, Red Skills, stars) Maybe some contest exclusive characters would be cool.

I love getting certain shop tokens as rewards. Especially since you started creating special crates in which these are required. I don’t think that the shop tokens have been rewards very often. But those help us build our characters.

The rewards are the sole reason I compete in contests. The rank rewards need reworked.

1 Like

I like Friendexp contest and shop token contest,because F2p players can enjoy it.

I also like budge bit collecter contest, because my heroes grow much with it.

But it needs a lot of stamina so I wish we could get staminas in tiers.

Diamond crate and staminas for progress reward.

I like avatars border too.

I don’t like emoji for ranking rewards, because I missed to get Anger’s emoji and can’t get it anymore.

I like to unlock emoji with friendship campaign like it was before.

1 Like

Anything that’s out of the ordinary “diamond/stamina” or “badge bits” mold. Virus contests are cool. The easter egg contest was neat.

Anything that’s new, that’s not the same ol’ same ol’ type of contest. Silly is good.

Good rewards, available at all rankings. Cosmetic items, such as costume threads, emojis and banners, should be available to most anyone who puts in some effort. 75% and 50% would be good for these. The life-altering stuff could be for 255 and higher. (Side note: when we get duplicate emojis/banners etc., what do we do with them? Would it be possible to see them for gold or another currency, since they don’t do us any good as a duplicate?)

2 Likes

I dislike clearing virus from districts objectives. This is getting harder and harder to do because the computer adjust the virus enemies’ difficulty with your highest heroes. I’m having trouble finishing objectives from forever ago like “clear districts with only wreck it Ralph heroes” because this part of the game needs reworked. Can’t overstate that enough.

Also, I want to reiterate the fact that we need to receive more shop tokens for rewards. Arena tokens, coliseum, etc. I used over 4000 tokens of one shop for more Gizmoduck and got 10 hero chips. That’s ridiculous. That would get me TONS more chips of other heroes from the actual shop. You should increase the drop rate, guarantee more hero chips for each “Buy 5” option, AND also give us more chips with the contests.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney