Criteria for Disney Characters in game. IMO

So first of notice the end that says: IMO. That means in my opinion

If you want to give your thoughts or opinions then I welcome you to do so just plz keep it respectful. Thank you :grin:

so I hear many people wishing for Disney Princesses,as well as other characters to be ingame so I decided to make a few rules that IMO if they can be used and the hero still deemed eligible then they can enter the game. Again I stress, this is my opinion your thoughts are welcome as are your doubts. Who knows? Maybe you can change my mind :wink:

Note: These rules do not apply to ingame characters. As Perblue already selected these. And their are always exceptions.

Lets get into it.

1. The character has at least one scene in there movie or show in which they fight or obviously be able to fight.

Who they fight doesnt matter neither does if they win or lose. But if they fought within their movie, then they could potentially fight in game as well. In the case of some, protecting someone may count as well.

1. The character must have at least 15 minutes of screen times.

Just me being picky but a character can easily be defined in less than 15 minutes so this isnt a huge one for me. Time can be shared by other characters and include sequels.

1. The character’s skill set must be complete although Friendships may not be necessary.

It stands to reason that if a character is gonna be ingame then you can easily create a skill set for them. Next rule does relate to this.

1. The character’s skills should relate to the character as a whole making sense to match their personality.

A character that uses their skill in a way they never did within the movie as defined by them prolly shouldn’t be used.

1. The character should be able to be useful in specific scenarios regardless to for the betterment of the team.

Kinda similar to other two but it stands none the less.

A few rules for princesses if they pass all those above

1. The character should not need a skill that allows her to charm an enemy with voice,body,or anything else.

There may be a exception or two but not likely.

1. With the exception of Rapunzel, no other Princess should be able to heal allies thriugh voice,body, or anything else.

2. Most of the princess should have no violent skills unless summoning in other charaters to fight for them.

Exceptions to this rule includes any Princess who actually beat up somebody within their movie. (Mulan, Moana, Merida, Jasmine, Rapunzel)

That is all that I think of at the moment. Lemme know your thoughts abd do not let this discourage your from making concepts, rather use it to broaden your idea base. :grin:

4 Likes

Agree with each statement, dude, and I believe that should work not only for princesses but for all characters. There are lots of fragile and harmless characters in wishlists, like Winnie and his friends. What about princesses, I think that not all of them should ever appear here, especially the first three(Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora). Mulan and Rapunzel often appear in wishlists, and I totally agree. Not sure about all others.

2 Likes

Some of the heroes in the game currently don’t pass the rules. So of course, I’m going to list them for Rule 1. Please correct any of my mistakes.

Heroes that fail Rule 1 include: Yax, Finnick, Bogo, Vannelope, Mike, Sulley/Boo, Olaf, Elsa, Miguel, Wall-e.
Heroes that maybe failed Rule 1 include: Felix, Rex, Jack Sparrow, Jack Skellington, Kevin Flinn, Quorra, Genie, Sally, Tia Dalma, Barbossa, Jessie, Eve. These heroes are in this category because I either haven’t seen the source material(like for the pirates) or whether or not they fought is a little complicated(like for Felix).

2 Likes

Yep, Yax, Finnick and Olaf are weird choices for a fighting, but I still think the leader here is Mickey. He is
Well, a virus, maybe? Why he glitches? Maybe he is Turbo?

Actually, I forgot to mention this in my post but, Characters already in game are not under consideration by me. Perblue chose to add them so they are not debatable as to whether or not they should be in game.

However, a few of the heroes you mentioned do indeed have fights as a relative term.

Although Bogo is never seen fighting as a police officer it to much sense for him to be ingame as a fighting character.

Yax and Finnick never fight in movie. That is correct.

Vannelope does not fight, but in the game, (DH not SR) she has been equipped with a super soda sprayer to deal damage to creeps.

Mike and Sulley never do fight that us correct

Elsa does in a way fight when the humans storm her ice castle in the mountains. But Olaf doesnt really.

I have uet to see the movie Coco but miguel does not fight in game he just strums a magic guitar apparently :confused:

Walle doesn’t really fight, but he does protect the plant and there is the scene with the guards but that one is a matter of opinion.

As too the other list,

Felix is kinda fighting Ralph within the video game so i Would say he fights.

Jack Sparrow,Tia Dalma, and Barbossa come from a movie called Pirates of the Caribbean. They all def fight.

Genie duels Genie-Jafar and loses.

Never seen Tron or Nightmare before Christmas.

Toy Story heroes do not really fight except for Buzz and Zurg.

EVE does fight as she attacks the steward robots.

Soo yah I cannot count any ingame characters but I will edit my post to mention this :grin:

1 Like

Some characters are just obvious even without fighting scenes. Elsa as an example. Even if she doesn’t really fight we all understand that she can, her abilities let her go(Sorry:D) and beat faces. The same with Sulley, he has sharp claws and frightening roar. Sometimes they don’t need to show us fighting scene.

2 Likes

Actually, there was a scene in Monsters Inc. where he was fighting Randall.

Hmmmm Why so there was Pooh-Boy!!! :grin:

But still Mike never fought right?

I will say that not all characters need to be able to “fight” per say as we do need characters for support and heal.

Depending on how you look at RPGs there are usually 3 or 4 character type of classes, first of being tank, second being DPS(damage) and third healers, and fourth support if you count support and healers separate.

Healers and supporters I don’t think necessarily have to show that they can fight in their original movies/media, healers job is to keep everyone alive and supporters to buff or debuff in various ways.

Right now we probably have a fair enough of healers and I am not sure how many more healers we need as of now though. More good support characters wouldn’t be bad though.

But yeah, all I am saying is that there are more needed to fights than brute force, someone has to keep the tanks and damage dealers alive as well :-).

In the Toy Story movie “ Toy Story That Time Forgot,” there is a gladiator scene with Woody, Buzz and Rex fighting.

He threw the snowballs from unflavored snow cones
 does that count? :snowflake:

@PawpsicleSticks I have no idea. XD

@Logik they did kinda fight i guess

@Kira I know there are supports and such but I use the fight scene as a demonstration to show their bravery.

some characters would most likely run away from a fight (Sid from Toy Story, Snow White, or Duke Weaselton from Frozen.)

a fight scene can help determine if the character is brave enough to either fight for his/hers friends or be willing to protect them. It might also give you an idea for a basic attack which is sometimes a difficult part of a skill set.

Ah in that sense I can understand if it come to bravery and having the personality to be up for a fight or be a part of a fight and help out :-).

You are right in that some characters likely aren’t up for being a part of a fight even if they were healers/supporters most likely if they were to join, but yeah some characters doesn’t make sense that they join a fight.

Not all movies or story do have a fight screen maybe, but still the characters would be up for being a part of a fight/backing up their friends :-). Like I don’t remember right now if there were a fighting sceen in Inside Out, but Joy and Anger at least should be characters I think personality wise could fit in Disney Heroes :-).

So yeah, will be interesting to see what characters come to Disney Heroes Going forward ^^.

1 Like

Here’s a head scratcher. How does Shank make the DH roster while still in movie theaters before a character like Mulan, an actual warrior?

Personal bias, movie hype and they kinda had to put her in because she was the one to introduce guild war, with her character model shown in a conversation with Vanellope about the guild war. She came out a little bit after guild war did.

1 Like

Exactly correct. Not to mention I assume popularity

With the impending release of the live-action Mulan film next year I hope that bias is harnessed to finally add Mulan to DH. You know, to add to the popularity and movie hype.

Or maybe they could add Mulan now in case the game doesnt last till next year?

But I hope it does. Also Kenzie is that you???

Mulan would certainly amp my waning interest, but I’m not holding my breath.

Hmm, it depends. Apparently there are three Kenzi/Kenzie’s on my server (that I know of). :unamused:

Are you server 8?

Never mind, if you were you would know it was me

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney