Custom Friendship Campaign Stories: Willie the Giant’s Friendships with Alice (“Giant Trouble”) and Genie (“Magic Mayhem”)

Hey there! Recently, I made character concepts of two of the more obscure Disney characters I’d love to see get in the game, specifically Willie the Giant from Fun and Fancy Free and Ichabod Crane from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. In my concept for Willie, I mentioned I was considering writing friendship campaign dialogue for his friendships with Alice and Genie, as I felt I could get a fun story out of them and seeing that other people have done it made me interested. In this topic, I have Willie’s friendships with Alice and Genie listed here for you to read. I’d really love to hear feedback on these stories and whether you enjoyed them or not, so sit back and enjoy my theoretical ideas of this character’s friendships.

——————————————————————

Willie and Alice

(The Willie and Alice friendship campaign takes place after the events of both of their respective movies, set sometime after Willie becomes friends with Mickey and the gang and also takes place after the in-game friendship Alice has with Miguel, as the two know each other and are friends in this campaign.)

Willie the Giant and Alice are now friends!

——————————————————————

Mickey: Hi-ya, Willie. You haven’t been causing trouble in the downtown part of the city, have you?

Willie: Uh, I don’t recall having been there anytime recently, little buddy.

Mickey: Well, I’ve heard word that there’s a giant who’s been wreaking havoc in downtown, and you’re the only one I know.

Willie: I’m pretty sure that’s not me. I’ll go investigate, since no bad guy is going to get away from Willie!

——————————————————————

Friendship Campaign: “Giant Trouble” Started!

Willie: Hey, kid. Are you the giant who’s causing trouble in these parts?

Alice: Oh, sir. I’m so sorry if I’ve caused any trouble. You see, I’m normally as small as everybody else but after eating this treat, I’ve become so huge and I’m trying to find a treat to shrink me down.

Willie: And what’s so bad about being a giant?

Alice: Well, I have a sister and a cat who probably wouldn’t want me to be this big, since I’m bigger than our house now.

Willie: Ah, you win. I’ll try to help ya out, but I’m going to show ya that being a giant’s not all bad as well. Speaking of which, what’s your name, kid?

Alice: curtsies Why, thank you, sir! My name is Alice. And your’s?

Willie: Name’s Willie.

——————————————————————

Episode 1: “Tread Carefully”

1-1: Willie and Alice head out of the city, with the dimwitted giant thinking of how to teach the young girl about the benefits of being a giant.

1-2: While on their way out, Alice accidentally steps on and destroys a few cars.

1-3: An upset Alice apologizes for the mess she caused and Willie sees this as a teaching opportunity.

1-4: Willie tells Alice that it’s important to tread carefully when around tiny people or things, and recommends flying to avoid crushing things.

1-5: Alice tells Willie that she can’t fly, as unlike him, she doesn’t have magic powers.

Willie: Don’t worry, my dear. With my magic wordies, I’ll give you the power of flight! Fe, fi, fo, fum! He, hi, ho, hum! I’m a most amazing guy! A most amazing guy am I!

Alice: Sorry, Willie, but I don’t think those words did anything.

Willie: Ah, I forgot. My magic wordies can only affect myself.

Alice: Oh, dear! How will I ever be back to normal again?

Willie: My magic might not affect others. But I know a guy who might do the trick. Come on, kid. Let’s go meet him. And remember to watch your step.

——————————————————————

Episode 2: “Merlin’s Magic”

2-1: Willie decides to take Alice to visit Merlin, as he knows Merlin’s magic can affect people other than himself.

2-2: Willie tells Alice that one advantage of being a giant is you can get to places a lot quicker since you cover much more ground at your size.

2-3: Alice realizes he has a point and agrees, but still wishes to be her normal size.

2-4: The two make their way into the woods where Merlin’s cottage resides, and thankfully for Willie, Alice took his advice and treaded carefully to avoid crushing anything or anyone.

2-5: Willie tells Alice to gently lift the roof up to peek inside and see if Merlin’s present, but to do it gently to not destroy the house.

Merlin: What on Earth is going on here?!? sees Willie Hey, I know you. You’re that uneducated brute. I warn you not to cause havoc here.

Willie: Pardon the interruption, pal, but I need your help. This young lady is now a giant and wants to be human-sized again. You got anything to shrink her?

Merlin: I can shrink the child into a squirrel or perhaps a fish, but I’m afraid I can’t change her size while keeping her a human.

Alice: Oh, dear. Do you know of any shrinking treats, sir?

Merlin: Sorry, dear, but I’m afraid not.

——————————————————————

Episode 3: “Big Help”

3-1: After Alice gently puts the roof back on Merlin’s house, Willie asks the girl if she knows where she’s found shrinking treats before.

3-2: Alice says she found shrinking and growing treats in Wonderland, but there’s no way she can go down the rabbit hole that’s already tough to fit into at her normal size being this big.

3-3: While the two think, they hear a pair of voices that sound like they’re in trouble.

3-4: The two giants go to investigate and discover Carl and Russell, who are trying to continue down a path but can’t as a huge tree is blocking the way.

3-5: Willie winks to Alice to signal to her that she knows what to do, and Alice uses her giant size to her advantage and picks up the tree off the ground, giving Carl and Russell access to the rest of the path.

Carl: What do you know, boy? This giant just helped us!

Russell: This Wilderness Explorer thanks you, friendly giant!

Alice: curtsies Why, you’re welcome.

Willie: So, what did I tell ya, Alice? Could you have done that at their size?

Alice: I’m afraid not, Willie, but I would still prefer to not be a giant.

Willie: Maybe something to shrink ya is chocolate pot roast with pismashus…, with dispatchios, with potas…

Alice: Are you trying to say “pistachios”, sir?

Willie: Thanks. Let’s go see if that works. I’m in the mood to have some anyway.

——————————————————————

Episode 4: “Not Her Again”

4-1: Willie is going to take Alice to his castle in the sky to try the pot roast, but remembers that with no beanstalk around and with her lack of flight she can’t get up to there.

4-2: Alice, assuming the pot roast wouldn’t shrink her anyway, tells Willie not to worry about getting some.

4-3: Willie asks Alice if she knows anyone who could shrink her personally.

4-4: Alice doesn’t know anyone, but decides she wants to go pay a visit to her friend, Miguel, and ask him if he knows anyone.

4-5: The two giants eventually find Miguel, who seems worried.

Alice: Why, Miguel, I’m so glad to see you. Don’t worry, this giant and I won’t hurt you.

Miguel: Hola, Alice! I’m not worried about you two. I’m worried because I was playing music and this mean queen got angry at me because I was playing it too loud and she’s trying to behead me.

Alice: gets frustrated Oh, dear! Not her again!

Willie: You know this queen? Does she have the power to shrink you?

Alice: I’m afraid not, Willie. We have a much bigger problem on our hands…

——————————————————————

Episode 5: “Talking Things Out”

5-1: Alice explains to Willie who the Queen of Hearts is, talking about her terrible temper and the fact that she’s tried to behead her as well.

5-2: Willie may have done some questionable things in the past, but they were done more out of ignorance than malevolence and he was never trying to harm children and is disgusted at the thought of it.

5-3: The two agree that no child or innocent person deserves to be beheaded because of the Queen’s ridiculous and easy to set off temper.

5-4: Alice remembers that she did scare the Queen of Hearts by becoming a giant before, but back then, she had also ate a shrinking treat at the same time as a growing treat, making her giant for only a brief moment.

5-5: This time, since she’s staying giant and has another giant with magic powers to help her, Alice decides it’s time for the Queen to finally get her just desserts.

Alice: This is perfect, Willie! If the Queen loses her temper, she can’t hurt us at this size, and we’re going to see to it that no child has to be in fear of being beheaded by her again.

Willie: Uh, sure, but what are we gonna do exactly?

Alice: I’ll tell you on our way to her. She’s probably playing croquet on some field somewhere. Thank you for telling me Miguel. Please find somewhere safe to hide while we save you from this pompous tyrant.

Miguel: Good thing, Alice. I wish both of you good luck.

——————————————————————

Episode 6: “Big Trouble for the Queen”

6-1: As Alice expected, the Queen is indeed playing croquet with her husband, her guards, and the White Rabbit present.

6-2: As Alice’s heavy footsteps shake the Earth and messes up the Queen’s game, she begins to lose her temper and demands to know what messed her up.

6-3: She then spots the gigantic Alice and her anger turns into fear and she runs to hide and orders her card guards to attack the giant girl.

6-4: The guards’ weapons do no damage to Alice at her size, and seeing the Queen hiding behind a tree, warns her to turn around and look up for a surprise.

6-5: The Queen turns around to see an invisible Willie reappearing from atmosphere, giving her an angry glare with his normally blue eyes flashing red with fury.

Queen of Hearts: said nervously Sorry, sir. Rule #45: Always…

Willie: So, ya like killing kids do ya?!?

Queen of Hearts: said nervously If I let you and the child be, can we let bygones be bygones?

Willie: Uh, what’s that mean?

Alice: Don’t listen to her, Willie! When we’re out of her sight she’s going to go back to her old ways again. Speaking of which, there she goes!

Willie: Oh no, you don’t! You can’t get away from Willie!

——————————————————————

Episode 7: “Your Time is Up”

7-1: The Queen of Hearts runs for her life away from Willie, giving chase and swinging his huge mace at her. Alice follows close behind.

7-2: Fortunately for Alice and Willie, the Queen’s overweight stature makes her not especially quick and Willie is able to eventually capture her in his hand.

7-3: Willie is about to kill the Queen, but Alice tells him not to do it, as that wouldn’t make him much better than her.

7-4: Willie agrees as the Queen fears for her life as the two giants contemplate what to do with her.

7-5: They decide to have Willie take the Queen to his castle and lock her up in the box he had the Golden Harp imprisoned in, only agreeing to let her out if she changes her ways.

Alice: That seems like a fitting punishment for her majesty.

Willie: Sure thing, kid.

Alice: And if she does get let out somehow and goes back to her old ways, recapture her again.

Queen of Hearts: I sure hope they’re not going to kill me…

Willie: Alright, Queenie. You get to stay in my right vest pocket in the meantime until I take you back to my castle. I hope you’ll learn your lesson.

——————————————————————

Episode 8: “Back to Normal”

8-1: With the Queen taken care of, Alice orders the King of Hearts and the White Rabbit to go back to Wonderland and give her a bunch of shrinking and growing treats she can save for whenever she needs to use them.

8-2: They agree out of fear and give the girl exactly what she wants.

8-3: Alice is very happy at the situation: she will finally be her normal size again, and she and Willie have freed everyone from the tyrannical Queen of Hearts.

8-4: Alice then eats a shrinking treat.

8-5: A few seconds later, she’s back to her normal size and tiny compared to Willie.

Alice: Why, thank you, so much, Willie! I’m back to normal again!

Willie: You’re welcome, Alice. Now, have you learned anything about being a giant in the process?

Alice: Oh yes. While this is my preferred size, I can see there are advantages to being big: I can move quicker, help people, and finally have disposed of that awful pompous tyrant.

Willie: Good to know. If you need me to take you home, I can.

Alice: Why, thank you, sir. But if you ever need me to teach me about being a giant again, I have plenty of growing treats I can use.

Friendship Campaign: “Giant Trouble” Complete!

——————————————————————

Willie and Genie

(The Willie and Genie friendship campaign takes place after the events of both of their respective movies, but things regarding the post-Aladdin continuity here are a little different than canon to make the story make more sense. Genie is freed in this story, and this takes place after Jafar and Iago were freed from the Cave of Wonders, but Iago is still on Jafar’s side.)

Willie the Giant and Genie are now friends!

——————————————————————

Willie: singing while bouncing a ball Fe, fi, fo, fum! He, hi, ho, hum! I’m a most amazing guy! A most amazing guy am I!

Genie: Hey, big guy! Nice song you’re singing there.

Willie: Thanks, uh… whatever you are. Those are my magic wordies. I just say them and I can change myself into the darkest things.

Genie: But… do you have PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS?!?!?

Willie: What do you mean, exactly? Who are you?

Genie: Who am I? Why I am the ever impressive, the long-contained, the often imitated, but never duplicated Genie of the lamp! turns into Ed Sullivan Right here! Direct from the lamp! Right here for your very much wish fulfillment!

——————————————————————

Friendship Campaign: “Magic Mayhem” Started!

Willie: So, Genie, what do you mean by wish fulfillments?

Genie: Oh, sorry, Willie. I forgot. I don’t do wishes anymore since I’ve been free. I don’t even live in a lamp anymore.

Willie: Living in a lamp sounds… wait a minute! How’d you know my name?

Genie: I know all there is to know, phenomenal cosmic powers after all. Why don’t we see whose magic is better, just for the fun of it?

Willie: Sure thing, Genie.

——————————————————————

Episode 1: “Pink Bunnies”

1-1: Willie thinks he’s better at magic than Genie since he’s a giant and significantly bigger than him. However, Genie showcases that he can become gigantic as well with ease.

1-2: Genie asks Willie if he can make himself small. Willie uses his powers to “change himself into an elf” and shrink to a human’s size along with Genie.

1-3: Willie realizes Genie’s magic really is serious business. He asks him if he can turn into a cute pink bunny with long pink ears.

1-4: Willie says his magic words and transforms into a pink bunny. Without any magic words, Genie does the same thing.

1-5: The two are impressed at each other’s tricks and share a laugh over it, unaware that Iago is watching them and is flying off to tell Jafar about what’s going on.

Willie: You know, I think I underestimated ya, Genie. You’re excellent with magic, and you don’t even need magic words!

Genie: I’ve done this whole thing for over 10,000 years, so I’m a pro at it.

Willie: says in shock No!

Genie: Yes! Let’s move onto round 2: imitations!

——————————————————————

Episode 2: “Imitations”

2-1: Willie and Genie decide they’re going to imitate the next person they come across and have them judge who’s better at it.

2-2: A few moments later, they come across a friendly bear walking around singing.

2-3: Genie stops the bear and asks him if the two of them can imitate him and he can judge who’s better at it. The bear agrees.

2-4: Willie goes first. He says his magic words to transform himself into a bear-like form, but struggles to pronounce the word “necessities” correctly.

2-5: Genie transforms himself into a blue version of the bear and sings the song he was singing with ease, and the voice was closer to match.

Baloo: I’d say the blue guy did it better.

Genie: Why, thank you, Baloo! Impressed I knew your name?

Baloo: Hey! That’s a funny little bit of a trick alright! I’d best be on my way now. Louie’s wanting me for a swinging party. Nice meeting you two.

Willie: I don’t think I’ll ever be as good as you, Genie. You won this round.

Genie: Don’t be too hard on yourself, pal. You’re great with magic, you just dealing with the best in the business here. Now let’s think of another game to play.

——————————————————————

Episode 3: “Can Your Friends Do This?”

3-1: Genie shows off some magic tricks. He takes his head off his body, duplicates it, and juggles them.

3-2: Willie doesn’t think he can perform it, but he knows another trick he thinks Genie can’t perform. He disappears into atmosphere and reappears as a giant pair of eyes.

3-3: To Willie’s surprise, Genie can do the same thing. He starts to get a little jealous.

3-4: Willie asks to call off the competitions and just declare Genie the winner, as he’s beat him in everything so far.

3-5: Genie, seeing Willie is upset, consolidates him and offers to teach him some of his best magic tricks.

Willie: Thanks for the help, Genie! I’d love to be as good at magic as you. I’m just too stupid to know better.

Genie: It’s true you’re not the sharpest tool in the shed, but fear not, you’ll be happy you’re taking Magic 101 with me.

——————————————————————

Episode 4: “A Sinister Plan”

4-1: As Genie teaches Willie some magic tricks, in the meantime, Iago has returned to Jafar with the news on what the two magicians are up to.

4-2: Jafar is leading a gang of villains consisting of him, Hades, Ursula, and Madam Mim, concocting up a villainous scheme.

4-3: Jafar proposes that only evil magic should be present in the city. The other villains agree.

4-4: Wanting to get revenge on Genie for banishing him to the Cave of Wonders and making him lose his freedom, Jafar decides to have Willie captured and will threaten Willie’s life if Genie doesn’t use his magic to support the villains.

4-5: Jafar orders the three other villains to go out and find the two.

Jafar: Alright, friends. We know the plan. Find the bumbling brute and bring him back to me. No mistakes!

Hades: That idiot has got to have a weakness somehow.

Ursula: You’ll soon see him wriggle like a worm on a hook!

Madam Mim: Oh, I do love me a good game of Capture the Oaf!

——————————————————————

Episode 5: “Brain Power”

5-1: Through his teachings, Genie realizes Willie’s biggest flaw is his short-minded brain.

5-2: Due to being a giant, Willie naturally assumes bigger is better, preferring to use brawns over brains to solve dilemmas.

5-3: For their practice, Genie takes Willie over to a group of creeps and asks him to dispose of them as efficiently as possible.

5-4: Willie starts to think before he acts. How can he be as clever as possible for the creeps to unknowingly know he’s there?

5-5: Willie turns himself invisible and when they aren’t looking, bashes them in the head with his mace, eliminating them.

Genie: That’s a little more brawn than I had in mind, but I appreciate that you didn’t just go straight into battle and turned invisible to be undetected. You’re learning.

Willie: Thanks, Genie. Why don’t we put on a magic show for some people to celebrate?

Genie: Alright! turns into Arsenio Hall Yo! Yo! Yo! turns back to normal Let’s get the show started!

——————————————————————

Episode 6: “Crashing the Party”

6-1: Genie has invited a large crowd to enjoy the magic show he and Willie are about to put on.

6-2: They start with shooting fireworks from their fingers, then turning into a round of transformations.

6-3: Their excitement then turns into confusion as they notice everyone running away.

6-4: Unbeknownst to them, Hades, Ursula, and Madam Mim are right behind them, ready to capture Willie.

6-5: Thinking of not using brawns, Willie turns himself invisible to hide, but hits a bush while hiding and gets caught by the villains.

Hades: Oh, Jafar’s going to be happy to see this!

Ursula: Soon our evil plan to take over the city will be complete.

Madam Mim: All the fun and chaos and misery we’ll cause is going to be a blast!

Genie: Oh dear! They’ve got my friend AND Jafar’s behind this! I’ve got to stop him!

——————————————————————

Episode 7: “A Giant Surprise”

7-1: Genie secretly follows the villains back to their hideout, where an ecstatic Jafar is glad to see Willie captured.

7-2: The villains mockingly make fun of Willie’s short-minded nature and having to rely on a silly shapeshifter like Genie for advice.

7-3: Willie starts to get angry and then remembers that this whole time, he hasn’t been a giant and they don’t know about that.

7-4: Willie says his magic words and transforms back into his giant size, startling and surprising the villains.

7-5: Jafar isn’t one to back down though, as he prepares to use his magic to transform into a giant snake to fight Willie.

Jafar: So, you think you can outwit me at that size, huh?

Willie: I can! At least, I think I can.

Jafar: Perhaps you’d like to see how snake-like I can be!

——————————————————————

Episode 8: “Jafar Goes Far”

8-1: Willie realizes he will probably have to use both brains and brawn to defeat Jafar in his giant snake form. Genie nervously watches, hoping Willie will do the right thing.

8-2: Using a magic trick he learned from Genie, Willie takes his head off his body, duplicates it, and throws them around everywhere to distract Jafar.

8-3: In the meantime, Willie turns invisible and sneaks behind the distracted Jafar, grabbing him by the tail.

8-4: Willie swings the snake around and around at great speeds, worrying the other villains and Genie as to what could happen next.

8-5: Willie throws Jafar out of sight, sending him flying many miles away, gone from the area. Willie gives the other villains an angry look and they all run away in fear. Genie is impressed.

Genie: Congratulations, Willie! You’ve just graduated from Magic 101! Not only have you defeated the villains, but you learned to utilize brains with your brawn to succeed in your magic.

Willie: Thanks a lot, Genie! I couldn’t have done it without your help.

Genie: Aw shucks, I’m blushing… Say, why don’t we go back and continue our magic show now that the villains aren’t here to interrupt.

Willie: Certainly.

Friendship Campaign: “Magic Mayhem” Complete!

——————————————————————

And thanks for reading! I would really appreciate to hear any feedback on these stories and what you enjoyed about them or didn’t. At some point in the future, I’ll likely make friendship campaign dialogue for my Ichabod concept’s friendships with Donald and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

6 Likes

If I can give feedback, I like the fact that you wrote both friendships. It probably took some work, and I hope you had fun with ‘em. Also, the way you wrote them make them pretty easy to read.
If I can give a suggestion, try using hide details for the episodes’ descriptions. ( The episode dialogue too, if you want.) This is to avoid scrolling a lot, mainly if you included both friendships campaign in the post :sweat_smile:

But overall, nice friendship campaigns!

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll try to look into making it easier to read when I’ve got time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney